test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

**Can't get the launcher to open? Try the workaround in post #11 of this thread!**

12346»

Comments

• alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations to the Devs for the long-due solution.

Now, I don't want to polemize, but a disclaimer is harshly needed.

I do not refer to the "solution" of the task manager, which I tried many times long ago with NO results :mad:

I refer to the fact that,

while even a uninstall and reinstall now with Steam (via which I'm now playing and will) did not resolve,

yesterday all of the sudden the launcher gave the "auto-update" message and with some MBs of code,

it finally, after so many time of total neglicence, returned on my screen. :D

Now, I said I don't want to polemize and I will keep true and won't do it, so I'll pass on the TIME matter.

I want to see the good part of it, so, without any irony, CONGRATS to the team and THANK you. :)

A couple little suggestions however are as much needed and, I hope, welcome:

(1) Whatever you did, PLEASE do NOT mess it.
    I can already (fore)see you messing it to "solve" other problems in a vicious circle. You're honing my Jedi skills.

(2) Next time, Please do not take so much time for such an important, and true, fix. :rolleyes:
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, with the last and latest patch, the launcher does not appear, and cannot connect to the patch server.

Someone broke it, and no... no icon appears on the taskbar corner.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • oewefreestaroewefreestar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't even get the launcher to open. it sits there as the autoupdater and it will have 16 "tried connections" before pulling up an error message saying that I need to check my internet connection. my internet is obviously fine since I'm on the internet...
  • dodlomudodlomu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I downloaded STO from steam and after it goes to the legacy of Romulus loading screen, it stops responding. Is there something I can do for this or should I try and wait until it responds again?
  • tsrcenturustsrcenturus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Disregard. I got it fixed.
    Centurus
    The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
  • rossi7575rossi7575 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i am having a similar problem with launcher and it drives me crazy. i have tried everything you guys have suggested but the problem still occurs. i dont know what to do. I have tried to reinstal the game but after updateing launcher it wont show up. in task manager Star Trek online is under the procceses and i cant do anything with it, here is the picture :http://imageshack.us/f/842/cpw7.jpg/

and yes, i dont have sto icon on taskbar it is just on task manager under the proceses
  • weyoun6weyoun6 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am having this issue on the MAC version. The workaround provided is for windows and does not apply to Mac. Does someone know of a fix/workaround for Mac?
  • tanishaktanishak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well it certainly is not making me feel safer playing as I cannot get into the game anymore, same problems as others are apparently having, Crashing window, game will load but after it loads it crashes again and again when I try. This never happened before with the original download version which I would still prefer many of us to still use. Arc is a big let down at this point. I come back to play the game, find out I have to play it through this Arc Program. Very Confusing to me and why does it not work, I have all the hardware, maybe missing a few updates but that does mean the game should now not work when it worked before hand and for me that means finding a new game and spending my money elsewhere. I know its hard to keep everyone happy but if the game needs you to have certain specs for playing the game, expect a small player/fan base as not everyone can afford to keep up with certain technology at that time. The rich get richer and the poor stay where they are. I know some you agree with me on this issue.
  • vipermk7vipermk7 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    uglyjimmy wrote: »
    if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Still not working? Try running the task manager in administrator mode. This can be done by typing "taskmgr" in start menu search field, right-clicking taskmgr.exe and choosing "Run as Administrator". (Thanks to chi1701d for the tip!)

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

I just force quit and restart. Works like a charm every time