test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

**Can't get the launcher to open? Try the workaround in post #11 of this thread!**

kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I click the icon and log in. It says Do you have and existing Cryptic account? Logging in, please wait...

That's it. I've let it sit there for a while already and nothing happens. Nothing happens when I answer the question either.

Here's a pic.

http://i.imgur.com/AY6xEH1.png
Post edited by kriact on

Comments

• pappy43pappy43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried everything, purging all cryptic /startrek/neverwinter files/cache files and reloading, loading from safe mode, running as admin, the launcher wont show up. even if it does, it crashes 2 to 5 seconds after i try to log in. my browser is up to date, i've checked everyrthing over 100 times including antivirus. i'm at a loss for what the problem is. all i know for certain is its not the hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Does this look infected to you?"
  • kriactkriact Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK so I was submitting a ticket and after I clicked submit I got a window telling me to try some stuff before I did. I did read putting in you forum name when logging in. I did that some and just got invalid log in or password. Then I used my e-mail to log in and it's patching now.

pic

http://i.imgur.com/3NVMtyv.jpg
  • scott248scott248 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi.

I was playing STO last night when the game froze up while trying to load an instance map. I rebooted my computer and now I can not get the launcher window to open. It runs, but just displays down in the taskbar and the window will not open. I tried an uninstall / re-install of the game and after download the launcher will still nto open up for me. I also tried to get into Neverwinter and the launcher for that will not open up either. I tried turning off my anti-virus and firewall, but that did no good. I do not know what else to try. I am running Windows XP and everything was working good up until last night while playing when STO froze up. Any Suggestions?
  • scott248scott248 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got my problem fixed. Somehow the launcher window was off the screen desktop. I had to right click on the taskbar icon and select move..and then use the arrow keys to move it back tot he screen. Do not know how or why this happened. but I can play now.
  • blaqeyceblaqeyce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Scott248 is right. I have been having the same problem. I did what he said, danced around with the arrow keys, then moved the mouse. Brought the launcher back. But be sure to use the arrow keys first, or you won't bring it back.
  • ouroborosinouroborosin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dropping in to thank you for the Move command fix. I could not figure out what the problem was; your solution got me back in. Thanks.
  • johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for tjis, i was having the same proglem, never thought to try and find it offscreen
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem. The launcher is now crashing for me. It won't open.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited June 2013
    yeah , i just had this too lol , pretty weird error
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • uglyjimmyuglyjimmy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Still not working? Try running the task manager in administrator mode. This can be done by typing "taskmgr" in start menu search field, right-clicking taskmgr.exe and choosing "Run as Administrator". (Thanks to chi1701d for the tip!)

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))
  • ez55119ez55119 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having the very same issue. Attempt to launch any Crypitc game (STO, CO and Neverwinter) and the game fails to ever launch. The task manager shows that the application is running to some extent. But you are unable to see it active in any fashion other than the icon on the taskbar.

**UPDATE** Found the solution on another post (right click the STO process and select move) the application is just off screen it would seem. Never thought to try that as it was just fine 4 hours ago.

link
  • thorvindr1982thorvindr1982 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uglyjimmy wrote: »
    if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

Will you marry me?
  • stylopsstylops Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scott248 wrote: »
    I got my problem fixed. Somehow the launcher window was off the screen desktop. I had to right click on the taskbar icon and select move..and then use the arrow keys to move it back tot he screen. Do not know how or why this happened. but I can play now.

What if we don't have the 'move' command available on the taskbar icon? It's totally greyed out.

Edit: Okay, Minimized, then restored, then used move. And holy TRIBBLE, based on an estimate of speed it was moving/time it took to get on screen, the window was five feet below the desktop.
  • kalregarkalregar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, Scott! I had the same problem and couldn't figure out what it was at first. Your fix worked. :D
  • southernskiessouthernskies Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix worked. FYI, its off the bottom right corner, so my suspician is someone in development is using a 10,000 x 10,000 pixel monitor and centred it on their screen before saving. :rolleyes:
  • timbebeartimbebear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks, just had this happen and got it fixed. That was frustrating.
  • durranosgooddurranosgood Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I can say is they need to dump anything to do with I.E
    But also just wanted to say thanks guys!

Instant fix, but I blame everything on I.E
  • jleach50jleach50 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I click the desktop icon and the launcher doesn't show up on the screen. You see it at the bottom bar but when you click it to show up on the screen I get nothing. Any thoughts?
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am recently having this same issue. Happy to know that it isn't just me.
    edited June 2013
    I see the Star Trek Online at the bottom bar but when I click it it doesn't show up on the desktop. Weird, never had this problem before. I played it last night with no problems but today, poof....lol
    edited June 2013
    I was playing it about earlier today and now there is nothing but the bar at the bottom. Same as you where i click it and nothing happens. It's not just STO either, Neverwinter launcher is doing the same thing.
    edited June 2013
    Wow that is weird...:) Hope it is fixed soon.
    edited June 2013
    Ok so if anyone from Cryptic have a solution to this problem? Thanks
  • nevynau1nevynau1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just started for me was fine in the morning went out for an hour then bang cant get the launcher to show now.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Please try this workaround while the team investigates and works on a permanent solution: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10865461&postcount=1

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013
    Workaround worked for me, thank Branflakes :D
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks! Fixed mine!
  • brennubrennu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having this same problem! I tried putting my forum name: brennu
    It still is doing the same thing. what am I doing wrong?
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot even reach this point. I click on the launcher, but nothing opens at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad this is here, it's happening to me as well, workaround works, cheers