test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Launcher Is Still Broken !!!!!!!!!!

Who is running the show on the DEV side? It seems that there is a constant problem with the launcher or lag or some other critical copmponent that affects players ability to log on and stay on. Yet all we get is the standard "Obsidian Orderr Of Silence". I could care less about ARC or someother bloatware PWE is trying to forcefeed us. I don't give a flying monkey about another lock box or what might be the next ship....

All I want to do is to be able to log on to the game...as a lifer that should be thier priority. If I can't log on I damn sure can't spend money can I? Guess the overlords forgot about that point...
Post edited by section31agent#8506 on

Comments

• Options
    rebelwnc73rebelwnc73 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well it must be cause now game wont even launch i have arc installed but was bypassing it by making a shorcut on desktop directly to where game was installed threw arc now the launcher wont even fire it just says in processes sto is running but stuck in taskbar any ideas?
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Obviously they do not care to respond..... so they must not want my money either. We NEVER had this problem till F2P came along.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally would love nothing more then them replacing their entire QA team because it's obvious these people are completely inept. I keep repeatedly seeing in every patch bugs that were in the original game 3 years ago that keep rearing their ugly heads. On top of everything some kind of login crossover has occurred twice now that's cause major issues for NWO and STO over and over again.

NWO launcher doesn't work either which leads me to believe that the same team is handling the bug problems.
  • Options
    panda244panda244 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My launcher worked fine, right up until today, now its just sitting at 81.8mb out of 139mb. Figured I'd wait for a bit and see what happens and the only thing moving is "Recieved" keeps going up, at 50mb right now. Guess I'll keep waiting to see what happens, if nothing changes then I'm going to bang my head into a wall until I break the wall or it breaks my head. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    barka2barka2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arnthebard wrote: »
    Who is running the show on the DEV side? It seems that there is a constant problem with the launcher or lag or some other critical copmponent that affects players ability to log on and stay on. Yet all we get is the standard "Obsidian Orderr Of Silence". I could care less about ARC or someother bloatware PWE is trying to forcefeed us. I don't give a flying monkey about another lock box or what might be the next ship....

All I want to do is to be able to log on to the game...as a lifer that should be thier priority. If I can't log on I damn sure can't spend money can I? Guess the overlords forgot about that point...

Yeah, I totally agree. I'm not currently a lifer but was planning on subscribing later this year, like for a personal Christmas grift to myself....but with this happening on like everyother patch, I'm strongly rethinking making that move. I'm not some techie or coder, but one thing is simple enough for me to understand ( to the tech guys and coders that do the patches).... I you have had this problem, why don't you anticipate it? Write in some code to detect this issue or something... It's truly starting to seem that there is no real effort to be proactive about these types of issues. Finally and personally, I'd rather the game go down for a whole day if needed when making large changes so that when the servers come back online there is no issues like this. Please...make sure that at least the basic functions of this game or perfect. Bugs will always exist, but this seems very much avoidable. Thanks and good luck :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It is 9 days in and the launcher is STILL broken and no response from a forum moderator, GM, or Dev or anybody from Cryptic/PWE.... Especially Customer Service.
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    judging by the lack of forum rage over this, I don't think this issue is effecting a large portion of the playerbase. Maybe it's your ISP
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The reason there's no rage is I found a solution to Cryptic's broken code.
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Soo, I turn on my launcher it tells me that an error was found and need to recheck it self, I do this and it takes almost 15-20mins each time...and when it's ready to go I hit the engage, It loads but when the loading bar hit to the middle everything crashes and it wants me to fill out a crash report..This has gone on three times and now I would like answers please?:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    best fix cost you real money and I'm not sure if you can login to your account on any pc that has sto install? IF not you will need to start all over without the stuff you have.

So what is the best fix buy the game from store in the real world uninstall the game and install it from the cd

the oem launcher has not give me any problems

I bought the game even it come out but I didn?t see that it was not free to pay so I put away and started when it went f2p

and for a time I was not happy that it didn't work with steam

BUT today I very happy that it is not in steam or that kind big back ground thing.

click on logo, launcher popsup log in, short scan for sto patch and Engage and you gone within 60 seconds
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tongi02 wrote: »
    Soo, I turn on my launcher it tells me that an error was found and need to recheck it self, I do this and it takes almost 15-20mins each time...and when it's ready to go I hit the engage, It loads but when the loading bar hit to the middle everything crashes and it wants me to fill out a crash report..This has gone on three times and now I would like answers please?:(

Your browser and launcher are not communicating. If you have a hard disk copy uninstall the game and reinstall from the disk. Once you get the launcher open use the option to force verify and it should open properly. If for some reason does not clear the problem search my username and you will find a thread STO Launcher that works.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Your browser and launcher are not communicating. If you have a hard disk copy uninstall the game and reinstall from the disk. Once you get the launcher open use the option to force verify and it should open properly. If for some reason does not clear the problem search my username and you will find a thread STO Launcher that works.

The weird thing is that I could go into the Tribble account and CO with no problem, But the normal STO it always crash mid load....:(
  • Options
    bulldog454bulldog454 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same problem. I have done several reports and so far I can only log into tribble but not the holodeck server. Currently just glad someone else is having the same problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bulldog454 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. I have done several reports and so far I can only log into tribble but not the holodeck server. Currently just glad someone else is having the same problems.

It keeps making me error check to verify launcher files and then when I press the engage button it starts loading but when I get the ROM screen saver during the loading it crashes and wants me to fill out an error report...I'm getting tired of being ignored cryptic, at least give me a call are some thing to let me see you care about my wallet...:(
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It keeps making me error check to verify launcher files and then when I press the engage button it starts loading but when I get the ROM screen saver during the loading it crashes and wants me to fill out an error report...I'm getting tired of being ignored cryptic, at least give me a call are some thing to let me see you care about my wallet...:(

As it has been stated numerous times this is a peer to peer support area. To get ahold of PWE's technical support team, either fill out a ticket or visit http://techsupport.perfectworld.com
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited August 2013
    askray wrote: »
    As it has been stated numerous times this is a peer to peer support area. To get ahold of PWE's technical support team, either fill out a ticket or visit http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

Ok, I let my anger get to me...but why is it ONLY letting into the Tribble and Champions online with no problems? And I've already made numerous tickets and fallowed everything on the forums soo far....I wish I could get some one live like when the game first started....:(
  • Options
    draconan1draconan1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    panda244 wrote: »
    My launcher worked fine, right up until today, now its just sitting at 81.8mb out of 139mb. Figured I'd wait for a bit and see what happens and the only thing moving is "Received" keeps going up, at 50mb right now. Guess I'll keep waiting to see what happens, if nothing changes then I'm going to bang my head into a wall until I break the wall or it breaks my head. :mad:

Same I don't know what's causing but it happened after I uninstalled sto because it showed up on taskbar but wasn't showing up.After re-install it fixed the taskbar problem but the problem that you're describing reared it's frustratingly ugly head though I am using a hp 530 and windows vista business.:(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The reason there's no rage is I found a solution to Cryptic's broken code.

And your solution is?.........:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And your solution is?.........:rolleyes:

Quite simple. First go to your start tab. Click on all programs. Select accessories. System tools. Click system restore. Select the last known day it worked properly. Hit enter. Once your system backs up use the force verify option on the launcher.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Things seemed fixed now, I can finally join in the game. IT seems there was a glitch in their system with their grafix, and for some reason was rejecting my account...They had to remotely turn down a notch from max, now everything is working normally, I hope this works for you guys....:)