What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm sounds good, but my scepticism of Cryptic since PWE took over, makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye.

I will reserve my judgement until after it starts. Plus, I also get to say I told you so if I am right :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    D'kyr? it'd be a nice two-fer, and it's not the best ship in its tier... Plus, it'd be a two-fer.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Did they say they were handing out T5 connie retrofits?? As a end of week extra special prize??:eek::P:D
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome. I have yet to buy anything KDF side, but now I can get a couple ships over there? Or at least one? Awesome!

Fed side, the ships wont help me much as I have most of the LT level ships, but the gesture is definitely nice.

This goes a long way to restoring some faith in this company, that not everything is solely about profit, but about profit and customer satisfaction.

Thank you Cryptic and PWE!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question: You said there would be several ships, and I'm at my max amount of ships (don't have the zen to buy more slots right now). So, if I discard one of my current ships, claim the free ship, will I be able to reclaim the free ship from the c store? I'm wondering, because I'd have to throw away the free ship to make room for the next free ship.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First of all thank you, but i would require a bit of clarification on this event.

Mr. Branflakes you said the item(s) will be account unlock, does this mean that once claimed on one character they will act as real zen purchases, account wide unlock forever, including newly created characters? Or is a 1 day account unlock where we can claim one on any/every character we have but then it goes back to normal?

I am asking this because while i apreciate this kind of offer and marketing campaign if the case is the latter... For costumes for example you can edit one of your current ones instead of getting more costume slots... in the case of ships you cannot... So just saying... while a free ship (regardless of tier i would say) is a nice gift, the fact that to claim it i would need to purchase ship slots on 7 toons is a bit disconcerting, especially as i just "wasted" like over 3000 zen respeccing (skills, traits, reputation) on most my characters...
    If the second case applies to your offer, then please consider (while not nice to ask for more free stuff) to offer a ship slot for free with the said gift.

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zeruaeno wrote: »
    That's cool and all but what's the fraking point if I can't use federation or kdf with my rom when it plainly staits I can pilot ither one should I chose when taking a faction/side >.>
    I says in the thing. You can pilot 'any' federation ship/or kdf ship should you chose.. So why does the zen ships ***** i can't access them?

That is a mistake, you CAN fly any zen ship of your ally,until Subadmiral (level 40). The ships at 40-50 are restricted to that faction only.
  • Options
    damiendarkcastdamiendarkcast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOR must have done really well and we are getting a nice thank you perhaps. :)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, well that is interesting.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm sounds good, but my scepticism of Cryptic since PWE took over, makes me think there is more to this than meets the eye.

I will reserve my judgement until after it starts. Plus, I also get to say I told you so if I am right :P

You voiced my sentiment exactly! I, too, will reserve judgement until the day arrives, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @branflakes:

Bran, do we have to log in on every single character to claim a ship or once it is claimed on one character it is permanently claimed for the entire account for as long as the account, or the game, exists?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My..., My..., My...,

Will wonders never cease.

Thanks in advance Cryptic, even if what You give away is something that I already have,

I deeply appreciate the thought/gesture.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @branflakes:

Bran, do we have to log in on every single character to claim a ship or once it is claimed on one character it is permanently claimed for the entire account for as long as the account, or the game, exists?

Account Wide was what He posted.

Which means as long as you play the game (or until it closes), any new toon you create will be able to use the item.
    (Appropriate Faction would be the only stipulation)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    That is a mistake, you CAN fly any zen ship of your ally,until Subadmiral (level 40). The ships at 40-50 are restricted to that faction only.

yeah and thats the problem i see i know that it's how it is but whats the point of unlocked t5 ships if u use a rommy alot besides the consoles which most of the time are for use on that ship only don't get me wrong i love free stuff and free is always good just seems t5 stuff is kinda blownen for rommys as is the costumns since romulans can't wear fed faction zen outfits i'm unsure if this includes klingon sides to? so romulans kinda get screwed no free costumns only free lower tier ships though i can use some more consoles ^_^.

• Options
    deathkgtdeathkgt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »

I would like to also add, Rom players are also allowed to use FED/KDF console from those ships on their warbirds as well (i.e leech, aceton, antimatter spread, etc.).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

Which means as long as you play the game (or until it closes), any new toon you create will be able to use the item.
    (appropriate faction would be the only stipulation)

Better safe than sorry - I will go into each of my 28 toons and claim each item that I can(Ie those that I don't already have - which is not much:()
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Was it even said it would be a ship? I have every bit of equipment and ships I'll ever need... and more. So, whilst I don't need any per se, I would still be disappointed if we were getting some lame tribble or something.

If it's going to be something good, though, chapeau!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WOW 10 am PDT!!!! that is crazy, 3am here.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quick request: Can the character art guys take the TOS medical T, turn it down to matte, and put "Starfleet had a 5-day giveaway and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" on it for the inevitable few who'll already own all five upcoming free unlocks? :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose there's still some wiggle room for me on the KDF side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i will say one thing if the items are tribbles or some other TRIBBLE like that i will not be happy you better give us something decent for it or this will be such a stupid giveaway
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

(Appropriate Faction would be the only stipulation)

I highly doubt the latter. I bet you'll only be able to claim a 'Level appropriate' item/ship. Nothing unfair about that per se, either.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool.

Chances are I have everything already but even if that's the case, im happy others can pick up some items.

Same here but thanks for the gesture since new players would love the free stuff :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    captmal105captmal105 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free is free and I love free things but my only beef is the same as a lot of us asking. What if its stuff we already have? I'm not trying to sound ungrateful at all it is just that some of us have been playing STO for a few years now and already have a lot of the C store items. I do like that Brandon was on here answering questions but I saw at least 3 people ask this same question when he was and it was ignored.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I highly doubt the latter. I bet you'll only be able to claim a 'Level appropriate' item/ship. Nothing unfair about that per se, either.

Yes some clarification if you need to claim it on all faction toons or just 1 would be nice and if that will carry over to any new toons that you create in the future.
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh no! I'm going to be out of town for the first two days! Hope I don't miss anything really cool.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Was it even said it would be a ship? I have every bit of equipment and ships I'll ever need... and more. So, whilst I don't need any per se, I would still be disappointed if we were getting some lame tribble or something.

BranFlakes hinted that there might be a ship of some kind as a gift.

He even said that it would be a multilayer type of gift, in that it would be Appropriate for EACH FACTION...

Meaning that it would be one that each faction could claim.

I'm guessing though that it might be only available to claim once.... so one would not be able to claim both a Fed ship AND a Klingon ship.
    We'll probably get the choice of one OR the other.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    NICE!

Althrough my experience tells me that there might be some kind of snag... we'll see. :)

Well there is that signing over your immortal soul business in place of the claim button, but nothing to be concerned about. ;)

Seriously NICE!
  • Options
    megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dose this apply buy doin it every day before a new article comes out or is it at 10am PDT you have to claim it at that time
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes some clarification if you need to claim it on all faction toons or just 1 would be nice and if that will carry over to any new toons that you create in the future.

What is it about Account Wide you don't get?

Just like if you Buy a Ship from the C-Store, it is available for all your toons of the appropriate faction.

Past.., Present..., and Future.

;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

There was a quote of him saying that on the day or days that it was a ship, it would be a kdf one AND a fed one, so there is at least one ship :)