test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Awesome, can't turn down free stuff. Still this seems like a big deal just for the end of the summer. Planning something? ;)

Also, just to head off any confusion, this is claimed on a per character basis, i.e. not account unlock, correct? I know there have been codes given out in the past that did unlock items across an account, but this sounds different.

It works just like the items in the C-Store do now, except for the item(s) being given away on that day, instead of it saying X ZEN, it will be "Available" and you have a "Claim" button. So, for the costume on Monday, instead of seeing "550 ZEN" and a "Buy" button, it will say "Available" and "Claim".

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool.

Chances are I have everything already but even if that's the case, im happy others can pick up some items.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there Will Be Starships :) Several, In Fact. There Are No Tokens Or Boosts Planned For The Giveaway.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

There's Starships?!

I Love Starships! Gives Mah Starships Lol!
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious;
    What I meant by eligibility requirements is, for example, say it's a T3 ship -- you'll need to have the faction appropriate level 20 character to claim it.
    Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship) :)
    I have six characters, two FEDs at levels (I think) 31 & 35, two KDFs at levels... 25 & 29(?) and two Republic Characters that are still in their teens.

Should you release a Free Tier #5 Ship, I'd seriously miss out. There ain't no way I'm going to be able to get all six of my characters to level 50. :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It works just like the items in the C-Store do now, except for the item(s) being given away on that day, instead of it saying X ZEN, it will be "Available" and you have a "Claim" button. So, for the costume on Monday, instead of seeing "550 ZEN" and a "Buy" button, it will say "Available" and "Claim".

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You missed a perfect opportunity here. Instead of "Summer event's over, have free stuff" you could've said "To apologise for the LoR downtimes and issues, now that we have a handle on things, we'll give a week of free things."

Gotta work on the PR department ;) either way. Thank you for the opportunity to get some freebies. My only concern is how many of these items will be on the Romulan faction, seeing as I got the legacy pack I pretty much have the lot anyway.
    flash525 wrote: »
    I'm curious;I have six characters, two FEDs at levels (I think) 31 & 35, two KDFs at levels... 25 & 29(?) and two Republic Characters that are still in their teens.

Should you release a Free Tier #5 Ship, I'd seriously miss out. There ain't no way I'm going to be able to get all six of my characters to level 50. :(

He mentioned they were "Account wide unlocks" meaning you'd just need 1 rom, 1 KDF, 1 fed to 50 to be eligible to claim anything. Just to cover all your bases, claim it on one character it'll be available to all current and future characters you make.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of all the weeks to be away from home. >_<

Still, this is a fantastic promo. Thanks a bunch! :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I enjoy receiving free stuff, especially that I can use on later toons, I do have a question to ask. I am asking now because I am sure someone else will eventually ask it as well.

I know that you can not give away specifics, but with the ships giveaway will we be seeing "high-end" ships up for or just a random C-Store ship? While I figure any of the 3 pack ships are off the table, will ships like the Grumba/Kar'Fi be potential candidates for the KDF or more normal ships like the Varanus/B'rel Retrofit?

Once again, thank you guys for this opportunity and I look forward to whatever is in store.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There will be starships :) Several, in fact. There are no tokens or boosts planned for the giveaway.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Gasp!:eek:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very unexpected, thank you!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    Much appreciation and thanks for the great news Mr Flakes!

This was unexpected, and unnecessarily generous. A little love to your loyal players, even those who are F2P, can do wonders.

I sincerely hope the trolls and others dot take a nice and simple gesture and turn it into a complaint fest that "it's not fair they can't get it because they're not eligible'', or "just bought it so they want their money back", or any number of other possible ways of finding the grey lining to the silver cloud.

Whatever it is, no matter how useless/useful or cheap/expensive, I am happy and grateful that they cared enough to do it at all, for essentially no reason.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Even if I already have what ends up being given away, I still think this is one of the coolest things this game, this company has done. Quite happy, and pleasantly surprised.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Extreme coolness, on the order of zero degrees Kelvin. :cool:

If I might make a small suggestion ...

If you're giving away ships, how about a sale on ship slots to go with it? Like the current sale on costume slots.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You missed a perfect opportunity here. Instead of "Summer event's over, have free stuff" you could've said "To apologise for the LoR downtimes and issues, now that we have a handle on things, we'll give a week of free things."

Gotta work on the PR department ;) either way. Thank you for the opportunity to get some freebies. My only concern is how many of these items will be on the Romulan faction, seeing as I got the legacy pack I pretty much have the lot anyway.

He said that there are no Romulan items being given away as they are 'too new'.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I enjoy receiving free stuff, especially that I can use on later toons, I do have a question to ask. I am asking now because I am sure someone else will eventually ask it as well.

I know that you can not give away specifics, but with the ships giveaway will we be seeing "high-end" ships up for or just a random C-Store ship? While I figure any of the 3 pack ships are off the table, will ships like the Grumba/Kar'Fi be potential candidates for the KDF or more normal ships like the Varanus/B'rel Retrofit?

Once again, thank you guys for this opportunity and I look forward to whatever is in store.

I was kinda wondering about things like that. Especially since being a Lifetime member I get a Ka'fi free with a vet token. Then with romulan legacy pack I have all Romulan stuff. Still I can't complain just because I have these items, I'll just have to miss a day.

Also by the things I've heard "they'll get progressively more expensive" so a uniform day 1, maybe a T5 ship day 5.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is awesome news, until otherwise is announced! :D
    signwidrona.png
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week. As we will feature something different every day (Monday 8/12/13 - Friday 8/16/13), you won't want to miss out! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

NICE!

Althrough my experience tells me that there might be some kind of snag... we'll see. :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ahahaha oh Cryptic, you guys are funny. See I thought you said that you were giving away free C-store costumes and ships and....

Huh? What do you mean they're really giving away C-store stuff for free?

WHAT. Holy TRIBBLE yeah! And KDF stuff too? Man I've been thinking about making a new Klingon alt but I hadn't decided yet. But if I'm going to be getting some free KDF C-store ships...then hell yeah dudes! KDF here I come!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • doxic1doxic1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like it ought to be good!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Very nice news to see!

Let's hope there's at least one thing I haven't already bought haha. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very nice news to see!

Let's hope there's at least one thing I haven't already bought haha. :)

I bet it will be like this. Calculated on the top 5 items..
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Surprising and very very welcome... Question though, could those starship gifts include proper Romulan Timeships with Singularity Cores and Cloaking?

-Ferengi 1, "I have an idea to make a killer Profit! We'll take a couple of the Fed/KDF Temporal Ships we have in inventory, modify the hulls to something that'll appeal to the Romulans and open up a new customer base."
    -Ferengi 2, "Won't the Romulans be able to tell the difference?"
    -Ferengi 1, "That's the beauty of it, they'll be so surprised and desperate to get hold of them they won't know the difference till its too late, besides they'll technically be Temporal Ships which is the only guarantee we'll offer."
    -Ferengi 2, "We should lobby for a new Rule of Acquisition. Rule of Acquisition 287, If it sounds too good to be true...
    -Both Ferengi, "Their'll be a sucker that'll buy it!"
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    freakin' awesome.
  • destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So does this mean that if it is a lvl 50 item you have to claim it on every lvl 50? Or does this mean that if we claim it on one lvl 50 toon that it will be available to claim on every fed/kdf toon? And is it only account wide till the end of the event or once claimed will it be available for all toons both present and future of that faction? Say I get the free ship on tuesday and a month down the road i make another Fed/kdf toon can he get the ship as well now that it is claimed?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks so so much Brandon and everyone at PWE. But I'm sure there will be players who will find something to moan about the freebies though.

IT'S FREE STUFF PEOPLE BE GRATEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week. As we will feature something different every day (Monday 8/12/13 - Friday 8/16/13), you won't want to miss out! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

Cool

*waves hand at Brandon* You want to give away the galaxy class ship, the tos connie and the tng uniforms.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • ocean1ocean1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great, now my weekend is ruined, because I want it to be over and it be Monday.

No, really, sounds great can?t wait until next week.
  • stargazerjmbstargazerjmb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a FAAAAAKE!

No really? Really, really free???

Temba, his arms wide! :)
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yay!!!! :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • soverignredsoverignred Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    F****************k Yes!!! I Love You Cryptic!!! :d