test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

**Can't get the launcher to open? Try the workaround in post #11 of this thread!**

Comments

• brunolbrandaobrunolbrandao Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It dint work :(
    Do I have to put it somehere specific
  • deathwalkerjr9deathwalkerjr9 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kriact wrote: »
    I click the icon and log in. It says Do you have and existing Cryptic account? Logging in, please wait...

That's it. I've let it sit there for a while already and nothing happens. Nothing happens when I answer the question either.

Here's a pic.

http://i.imgur.com/AY6xEH1.png

I am having the same problem , But No answer To Fix this problem :(
  • logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uglyjimmy wrote: »
    if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

This worked
    Dear devs, please patch this. Thanks.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was patching up after not loggin on for the last 3 weeks, got first 2 updates and then launcher crashed mid-patch. Relaunched and got the fail to launch for unknown reason error, rebooted and relaunched, and now got the CTD problem on launching game.
    :mad:

What a waste of time this game has become.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • cyberkill1255cyberkill1255 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

When i tried it it still says cryptic game launcher has stoped working. whan am i doing wrong?
    Thank you for the info. This worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has hit me as well today for the first time .
    Why now ? No idea .

The tip in post #11 solved things for me as well .
  • geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This still happens, not only in STO but in Neverwinter as well. I wasted several hours trying to figure this out and finally found this thread (post #11 FTW). I *almost* lost my Neverwinter celestial coins because of this. I managed to log in with just 14 minutes remaining. Phew.

100th Post :)
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab

Hope it helps

ez55119 wrote: »
    I am having the very same issue. Attempt to launch any Crypitc game (STO, CO and Neverwinter) and the game fails to ever launch. The task manager shows that the application is running to some extent. But you are unable to see it active in any fashion other than the icon on the taskbar.

**UPDATE** Found the solution on another post (right click the STO process and select move) the application is just off screen it would seem. Never thought to try that as it was just fine 4 hours ago.

link

Or you can click the launcher's taskbar button so it is in focus and then use this keyboard shortcut plus your mouse to drag it back into view: alt+space+m. No fiddling with the task manager required. :)
  • mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab

Hope it helps

nope it didn't work
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great,

after yesterday's patch not even the task manager trick works anymore.

I just have the launcher in my task bar but none of the tricks works onymore :mad:

Edit: Now it worked somehow. Started the Task Manager, did a few minimize maximize clicks, hit the switch to button and now the Launcher appeared.

Still terrible
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Apparently, ARC requires a clean install. you must uninstall all previous incarnations of STO, including Steam, and any previous attempts to install ARC. then you have to reboot and install ARC, go through the process, and it will redownload STO and all 8+GB of patches, and then, hopefully, you can play. It's 5am and I'm still downloading patches, hopefully I can play this weekend. :)
  • constanta67constanta67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you so much
    I have been unable to play the game for one week.
    the launcher will not appear.
    talked to steam and cryptic teams but there was no solution...
    thank you again, I can play the game now
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Apparently, ARC requires a clean install. you must uninstall all previous incarnations of STO, including Steam, and any previous attempts to install ARC. then you have to reboot and install ARC, go through the process, and it will redownload STO and all 8+GB of patches, and then, hopefully, you can play. It's 5am and I'm still downloading patches, hopefully I can play this weekend. :)

kpg1usa wrote: »

WHAT is ARC????

I'm getting errors,

Trying to update the launcher, after 12 attempts of failing to start launcher comes with the following message

Unable to establish connection with the patch server, Please check your Internet connection...

I mean my Internet connection is fine, my firewalls is fine, everything worked fine until last patch update when things went wrong.

I know game is free and all, but who ever is working on game patches should be like fired yesterday, for he has done nothing positive

or beneficial to this game, has contributed only with problems and technical issues.

If he worked for me, I'd fire him on a spot and give him such bad reference that employment in this or any field would require

an act of miracle.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mic1001 wrote: »
    WHAT is ARC????

I'm getting errors,

Trying to update the launcher, after 12 attempts of failing to start launcher comes with the following message

Unable to establish connection with the patch server, Please check your Internet connection...

I mean my Internet connection is fine, my firewalls is fine, everything worked fine until last patch update when things went wrong.

I know game is free and all, but who ever is working on game patches should be like fired yesterday, for he has done nothing positive

or beneficial to this game, has contributed only with problems and technical issues.

If he worked for me, I'd fire him on a spot and give him such bad reference that employment in this or any field would require

an act of miracle.
    You do realize at an MMO company everyone works on the patches not just one person :P

In any event, You can also try in the launcher located in http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501 as that is always updated and see if that helps.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• canadianhonourcanadianhonour Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got it. I right clicked on the task bar icon and then right clicked on it to choose move. Then just push the up arrow until it showed up. Thank you!

You are my new best friend. :)

Might be able to finish my dailies now.
  • navytaz11navytaz11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you for had the same problem works now

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab

Hope it helps

• obsiddeusobsiddeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When I open the launcher window, it shows in my taskbar but will not display the window for me to login and "Engage" to the server. If I hover over the taskbar icon, it will display an image of the launcher window but I cannot actually see that. It worked perfectly fine three hours ago. I tried restarting, deleting the launcher and re-downloading it and messing with the connection (even though I know that obviously isn't the issue).

I'm at a loss on how to fix it and haven't found a solution via Google. Any ideas?

>>

I tried going to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live and using the GameClient.exe to login that way, but I got stuck on "Connecting to the account server..."

This is driving me crazy - and just before I was going to spend real $$ on this game on a lifetime subscription. This isn't the first issue I've had - I've had to re-download the launcher at least 7 times now just to login. What in the heck is going on with this game?
  • obsiddeusobsiddeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is what I can see from the taskbar

But when clicking the window I don't see the launcher/login screen at all.

This is what I get when trying to login through the GameClient.exe

And this is the result...

What gives?
  • jpp79jpp79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had the same problem today and found a way to fix it.

click on star trek online
    open task manager
    right click on star trek online and minimize
    right click on star trek online and maximize
    the launcher will open on the whole screen then shut it down
    it should open normal now
    hope this helps
  • genem74genem74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    on the taskbar at the end net to time there is the show desktop button hit that and it will show right up hope this helps..:cool:
  • kakerookakeroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    worked for me, thanks
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Found another a shorter way to bring up your invisible launcher.

1. Right click star trek online and select move.
    2. Press (not hold) the up arrow.
    3. Move your mouse upwards.
    4. ???.
    5. Profit.

Works for me at least, I hope it will for you because the other solution has too many effin' steps.

Thank you, this is the only one that worked for me, as I would never get a maximize option after clicking minimize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any fix for Mac users on Wine having this issue?
  • fishman768fishman768 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Window pops up says "Loading please wait" then it finally pulls up another IE window with that This program cannot display the webpage TRIBBLE.

Tried the minimize and maximize thing listed, nothing. worked just fine Saturday morning sat afternoon this stuff popped up.
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 for the workaround. Thanks.

Wish I'd checked forums earlier have run every possible scan I could think of, uninstalled multiple GBs of programs in case of a clash, screamed/shouted/etc.
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • antausantaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm using Windows 8 and I can't get the arc installer to launch at all. It runs in the background for a few seconds then closes. I've tried using the compatibility troubleshooter, running as admin, nothing works. Please help.
  • cheyrnoblcheyrnobl Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    askray wrote: »
    You do realize at an MMO company everyone works on the patches not just one person :P

In any event, You can also try in the launcher located in http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501 as that is always updated and see if that helps.

That launcher gives me the same error......"attempting to update launcher" goes to about 5 attempts and then gives an error popup that says "unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection."

ok so my internet is all fine and I have no issues until this latest patch. uninstall and re-install also do not work.
    cc9efaec920f318ef8a1b6184b623258.gif
  • oublierletempsoublierletemps Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Find your Star Trek Online.exe(Cryptic Game Launcher) in your computer via search, check properties and see if the properties menu says something out of the ordinary. I know this sounds weird but I had the same problem and after I went to the properties I saw (a) problem and fixed it.
  • oublierletempsoublierletemps Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    See my whole story here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=816791

I still do not know what happened I was pretty confused, and my story may just be a random problem and the (fix) might only work for me. But even the slightest information could help you!