Install Arc
Options

Ask CatStar

Comments

• Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it true to say, when asked what is best in life,

"To crush the red dot, to see dogs driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of my enemies kittens?"

(crowd cheers) "That is good!"
  • Options
    christopherg1christopherg1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meow-Mix or Friskies?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Meow-Mix or Friskies?

Meow-Mix, because cats call for it by name. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGNJOsOpXM
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who is the Feline Empires greatest threat??
    The Mysterious Red Dot Empire, or the Evil Collective know as "The Ball of Yarn"
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    catstarsto wrote: »
    Meow-Mix, because cats call for it by name. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGNJOsOpXM

Which numbered feline suppliment was that again? lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who is the Feline Empires greatest threat??
    The Mysterious Red Dot Empire, or the Evil Collective know as "The Ball of Yarn"

The same as the humans ---> http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/firstcontact/ch15/firstcontact0718.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I laughed so hard i literally cried.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Which numbered feline suppliment was that again? lol

http://youtu.be/auHXg1H0bAQ?t=58s =^.^=
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Not sure who trained me, the cats or my wife who was trained by her cats to be a little catty.;)
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Which came first the Cat or the Kitten?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Which came first the Cat or the Kitten?

The Cat did, I didnt create his kid until recently. Thomas Jr. He serves on one of my human toons ships as an Engineer.

CatStar is my main toons handle, his full name is Admiral Thomas Caitian.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Cat did, I didnt create his kid until recently. Thomas Jr. He serves on one of my human toons ships as an Engineer.

CatStar is my main toons handle, his full name is Admiral Thomas Caitian.

So in the beginning God made Thomas Caitian gifted him with a mate and they had a litter of kittens.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, Wise CatStar! Is it possible for cats to be allergic to themselves? :eek:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Blaze the Cat: Oh boy... this is gonna be interesting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Oh, Wise CatStar! Is it possible for cats to be allergic to themselves? :eek:

Yes, anything with skin can break out in allergies. All they are , is an overactive natural immunity system responce. But the cat itself wouldnt be allergic to itself entirely, rather what he may have come in contact with, like people sometimes get. there is a list a mile long with possible contaminations that would cause such infections, and the immune system to act this way.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Why is water......wet? :eek:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Why is water......wet? :eek:

Water is a chemical solution, refered to as "wet" since its a solvent, this is a word from my Roman heritage meaning "to loosen." Giving meaning to certain condensations and moustures within the air and sky too, not just as a weighed down mass that has compiled itself to a base within eather a container or surface where it can come together. The sensation it gives of being soft when touched, clinging to you or what ever is submirged into it, is probably what you where meaning, but this substance dispite its clear appearance is a light blob of elements and minerals, while its overall contents changed often, its base is still: (2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen) Being an often heavy soluton once combined it will stick to you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you were to be asked by TPTB to help them flesh out the Caitian species, to make them more than just a humanoid reference to cats (some might unkindly say "a visual gag"), what idea or handful of ideas might you suggest to downplay a steady stream of puns on cats, and make them more three dimensional in their species characteristics?

I have submitted my first part in this series, Ill try not to take to long between submissions but typing is time consuming. Its a redo of Temporal Ambassidor, and this first one if just a teaser. I had planned to just have Cat as the only feline for this story, but I will add acouple more and you will see why as the story continues. Its an adventure/drama so no cat jokes for this one, sorry folks.

http://catstarsto.deviantart.com/gallery/44810187
  • Options
    hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is Nair a controlled substance in your system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you were to be asked by TPTB to help them flesh out the Caitian species, to make them more than just a humanoid reference to cats (some might unkindly say "a visual gag"), what idea or handful of ideas might you suggest to downplay a steady stream of puns on cats, and make them more three dimensional in their species characteristics?
    On a side note, there is also this page. I hope that helps.

Carry on!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    hpcapulet wrote: »
    Is Nair a controlled substance in your system?

A caitian wouldnt shave or remove his whiskers off anymore then a Dwarf would, a bald face and head is a human issue.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Are there any sphinx type Caitains?:D
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Are there any sphinx type Caitains?:D

Yes, but they where eGyped by the MMO franchise. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T-kFEvXhU0 <-- (2:00) =^.^=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    On a side note, there is also this page. I hope that helps.

Carry on!

That page doesnt translate well with the STO Caitians, nor was a planet was made availble like the vulcans, bajorans and romulans got...plus they have 5 digits in the game. they finaly gave em paws for that Risian costume unlock, but not as a standard option like the Gorn get. But i do understand not everyone enjoys the lolcat jokes ive done, but I havent seen any franchise that didnt have its product joked about, the old SNL and Mad magazine was popular for it. Being a long time red skelton, marx bros and 3 stooges fan, i have a sence of humor not seen as much anymore, but I do make sure mine is appropiate for kids to enjoy, not as many these days are so curteous..

P.S.: those caitians in the pics look more like evil monsters rather then the good guys, are you sure they arent Kilrathi?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, but they where eGyped by the MMO franchise. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T-kFEvXhU0 <-- (2:00) =^.^=

Yes they should have a sphinx hair style in the character creator as well as other non zen hair styles for Caitains then your Caitain Captain Picard could look more like the original.

Also, good video.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would rather be able to use those sunglasses on my cats, maybe a fedora for Caitian Picard...u know, for his holodeck time when he plays as Agent Catz :3
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would rather be able to use those sunglasses on my cats, maybe a fedora for Caitian Picard...u know, for his holodeck time when he plays as Agent Catz :3
    I'll pass on the sunglasses, as they are ALL ugly, every single version. As for hats, I will agree entirely. I want a derby hat or/and a stovepipe hat for Winston Purrchill, and a military beret for Suroo Layst. And you know how military berets have an insignia that tells the regiment? If we ever get berets for STO, that logo needs to be the Fleet logo.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Atrox look like Dr. Evil's Flying Phalic Symbol.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Indeed it does. The question is why does it look like a phallus? Of all the things in galaxy after which to model that ship, why a phallus? :mad: