test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very Quiet - isn't a New Carrier based FE coming out soon?

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
I thought I had heard that a new featured episode which will reward a new carrier was supposed to come out in September - or was I just imagining it?
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fe with a carrier is coming...check the calender?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well, we're only half way though the month. maybe at the later end of September?
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone mentioned that we might see pictures of it on Friday, info about it next week, and the FE go live next Thursday. Someone meaning a regular player not a dev. It makes sense. If it goes live this week, then we will have info coming out tomorrow since Wednesday is when info on the next cosmetic Fleet project is released and Thursday is the most likely day for content to be released.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that we might see pictures of it on Friday, info about it next week, and the FE go live next Thursday. Someone meaning a regular player not a dev. It makes sense. If it goes live this week, then we will have info coming out tomorrow since Wednesday is when info on the next cosmetic Fleet project is released and Thursday is the most likely day for content to be released.

But we didn't get a picture of it though, just of the new Warbird. Still have two patch thursdays till the end of the month...might just not see it till the end of this week then teaser info next week till release.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    But we didn't get a picture of it though, just of the new Warbird. Still have two patch thursdays till the end of the month...might just not see it till the end of this week then teaser info next week till release.

Obviously Friday means pictures on the 20th not the 13th. So either there is a dev blog tomorrow about the FE or pictures on Friday.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Carrier?
    Where does this came from?
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    saekiith wrote: »
    Carrier?

Thou shalt check thy Wiki.

Seriously though, info on the wiki, and stuff has been cropping up everywhere. Voth Carrier, Teaser Episode. and the Infamous "Coming Soon"
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Carrier?

I cant remember where and when but they said there would be a ship a a reward for completing the FE and i believe they suggested some kind of 'ancient carrier' would be used. so many people think maybe a voth carrier.

of course everything is subject to change so for all we know its no longer a carrier.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe it's a disease carrier instead. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I... don't like it... nope... I can live with others using carriers... but myself? No... the Vesta is enough...
    Sorry ^^"
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I... don't like it... nope... I can live with others using carriers... but myself? No... the Vesta is enough...
    Sorry ^^"
    Lucky for you that you're not forced to keep using any ship you don't want to. Cryptic had to let go of their "force players to use ships they don't want to use police" while they were still owned by Atari. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I only fear that there will be at least one or two missions where I have to use it before or after we get it as a reward...
    Ah well enough with the Jokes!

Nontheless I can't wait for new Missions!
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only fear that there will be at least one or two missions where I have to use it before or after we get it as a reward...
    Ah well enough with the Jokes!

Nontheless I can't wait for new Missions!

Just pretend it's a battle cruiser :P
    edited September 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Lucky for you that you're not forced to keep using any ship you don't want to. Cryptic had to let go of their "force players to use ships they don't want to use police" while they were still owned by Atari. :)

I feel bad for the pet pilots that are forced to stay in the pets that get stuck in certain areas of levels and that never get seen again by the carrier captains. Very sad, very sad.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I feel bad for the pet pilots that are forced to stay in the pets that get stuck in certain areas of levels and that never get seen again by the carrier captains. Very sad, very sad.
    STO could do a YouTube video similar to that Ikea lamp commercial for the pets. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    STO could do a YouTube video similar to that Ikea lamp commercial for the pets. :)

Rofl, very appropriate. It aptly conveys the sense of foreboding I feel when I can no longer find my pets. I second this idea.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Why throw away a perfectly good lamp? So wasteful!
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL... Carriers ONline is coming!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Why throw away a perfectly good lamp? So wasteful!
    It's a big-city thing: you put the items you don't want on the street so that others can take them and get more use out of them. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Obviously Friday means pictures on the 20th not the 13th. So either there is a dev blog tomorrow about the FE or pictures on Friday.

Well I don't know :P It was kinda late when I posted it...I'm looking forward to the stats most...hoping it has frigates and waiting to see what kind of damage type the fighters will be! Personally I'm kinda hoping for Antiproton!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well I don't know :P It was kinda late when I posted it...I'm looking forward to the stats most...hoping it has frigates and waiting to see what kind of damage type the fighters will be! Personally I'm kinda hoping for Antiproton!

I saw dev post #44 and got my hopes up - but alas it's just another mine project:(
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i'm praying it can use cannons cause hate to not beable to use my cannons also hehehe

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I saw dev post #44 and got my hopes up - but alas it's just another mine project:(

Mine projects are usually announced on Wednesday so they could release info on the ship tomorrow and info about the FE on Thursday. It is actually very strange why they would release info about the Mine project today instead of tomorrow.
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    i'm praying it can use cannons cause hate to not beable to use my cannons also hehehe

I believe that is one of the fixed traits of Carriers. There's yet to be one without it.

IIRC, the only thing with even a single hanger bay that can't are the Orion Flight Deck Cruisers... And 2 of them at least really do look like they should :P
    edited September 2013
    The NPC verisons of the Orion FDC can which makes it extra.weird.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Mine projects are usually announced on Wednesday so they could release info on the ship tomorrow and info about the FE on Thursday. It is actually very strange why they would release info about the Mine project today instead of tomorrow.

Yeah, I found that very suspicious also, all the time its been on a Wednesday so I am thinking they will give us info tonight about the FE for next weeks release - or even if we are very lucky starting this weekened
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

Nah, they just warp back to your starbase, dock and hit the bar.
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ''''''''''''''
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Yeah, I found that very suspicious also, all the time its been on a Wednesday so I am thinking they will give us info tonight about the FE for next weeks release - or even if we are very lucky starting this weekened

I was certain they said it was coming in Sept. I think next thursday is the last of the month. If we don't hear about it today or by Friday I will be very suspicious. Am I right they said definite sept - or just most likely sept?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It will get here when it gets here. It's not like things never get pushed back. Heck, this particular FE was originally announced to be out before LoR. Stuff happens.

And it's not like FE's must launch on Thursdays. Traditionally they launched on Saturdays, and the 2800 FE launched on Mondays. Any day can be the day once they load it into the server.