test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alien Carrier Speculation (Previously titled Elachi Carrier Speculation)

omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
Its a safe bet that the free Carrier will be Elachi, so as the title suggests speculate about the stats, possible hangars and so on.

I'll start off with suggesting that the hangar pets will be fighter drones and frigate drones in the Elachi style as advanced drones with complex behavioral programs appear to be a major theme with the Elachi.
Post edited by omegaphallic on

Comments

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its a safe bet that the free Carrier will be Elachi, so as the title suggests speculate about the stats, possible hangars and so on.

I'll start off with suggesting that the hangar pets will be fighter drones and frigate drones in the Elachi style as advanced drones with complex behavioral programs appear to be a major theme with the Elachi.
    Except that it will actually be a Voth carrier, so no, it won't be an Elachi carrier.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,221 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Except that it will actually be a Voth carrier, so no, it won't be an Elachi carrier.

Oh snap!...........
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Oh no uuuu didn'ttttttt!!!!! Oh dangggg! It's goinggg down!!!

On a more serious note, I can't wait to get my hands on this carrier.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is Kazon carrier completely out of the question? That thing looks funny as hell.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't care what race it's from as long as it is cool!
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only information about it is that it is an ancient alien carrier with subspace capabilities. Personally, I am thinking it might be a ship from the solanogen-based lifeforms from the Schisms episodes from TNG. The Schisms episode is where Riker and a few other crew members were abducted while they were sleeping and had various experiments done to them. Constant exposure to subspace could have altered them so they could no longer stay in regular space so had to migrate to subspace to survive. They had to leave their ships behind.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Only information about it is that it is an ancient alien carrier with subspace capabilities. Personally, I am thinking it might be a ship from the solanogen-based lifeforms from the Schisms episodes from TNG. The Schisms episode is where Riker and a few other crew members were abducted while they were sleeping and had various experiments done to them. Constant exposure to subspace could have altered them so they could no longer stay in regular space so had to migrate to subspace to survive. They had to leave their ships behind.

Umm...that's the Elachi.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope its a carrier that gets a skin appropriate to your faction, I'm sick of the amount of non-faction ships in this game.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    bozzy88bozzy88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there is going to be a free carrier? when?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We've just received word from the fleet, they've engaged the Borg!
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Umm...that's the Elachi.

Actually, the Elachi are the "Silent Enemy," and not the solanogen-based lifeforms from Schisms.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Umm...that's the Elachi.

No, it is not. Tacofang has confirmed that the Elachi and the aliens from Schisms are two completely different races. The Elachi were only in the Silent Enemy episode from Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bozzy88 wrote: »
    there is going to be a free carrier? when?????

When the new Featured Episode is introduced in September. Supposed to link the Tier 5 Romulan cutscene mission with Season 8.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't help but wonder if acquiring this carrier is going to be what calls down the Voth on us... (either a relic from their past, or something they're investigating until we interfere)

Either way, time will tell.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not all that concerned with the origins of the ship. I am curious about the setup, like base stats and boff seating, not so much the looks.

History has proven that free ships tend to be pretty decent, with the Chell Grett and the new Corvette. So I'm pretty confident that whatever we get will be useful.
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I keep hearing this, where was this stated by a dev? Or is it just supposition.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    I keep hearing this, where was this stated by a dev? Or is it just supposition.

Confirmed at the STLV Dev Panel.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed at the STLV Dev Panel.

Time index please...... I've listened to the panel over 6 times now and haven't heard that we're getting a "Voth carrier."
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Something slightly concrete? written maybe?
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok it is in the STO wiki upcoming content.

Reward for an upcoming mission.

So now that we have that out let's specualte on the Voth Carrier, so we can be woefully dissapointed when it comes out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Which carrier?
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Voth carrier.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

Late september section.

New teaser episode for season 8 and 9.

Player will use iconian gateway on new romulas.

Awards voth carrier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The original hint strongly hinted at Elachi, the possable blood relation to Iconians, the subspace tech, the location on new Romulus, and so on.

Sooooo I feel stupid, I will actually listen to the panel.

Mods please change Elachi to Voth in the thread title.

Anyway if its a Carrier it might be a Voth City ship, but that would make Romulan ships look tiny in comparesion and I'm not sure what having a carrier that could have Voyager as a hangar pet would do to game balance;p

So likely it will be smaller, say a Voth Village Ship or even a Voth Hamlet Ship ;p

I'm not sure what kind of hangar pets it will come with, I'll have to think on that.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I doubt it's a Voth City ship.. it would be like Flying ESD
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it is a voth CARRIER not city ship http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

look up under "late september", and they also have the links to the devs that were confirming it.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Flying ESD is just absurd!

I think flying DS9 makes much more sense! at least we know she has the thrusters for it :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok it is in the STO wiki upcoming content.

Reward for an upcoming mission.

So now that we have that out let's specualte on the Voth Carrier, so we can be woefully dissapointed when it comes out :D
    sophus84at wrote: »
    it is a voth CARRIER not city ship http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

look up under "late september", and they also have the links to the devs that were confirming it.

Again... I point to the fact that BOTH sources never explicitly state "Voth Carrier"

Although it is a high probability that it could be, there is also the slight possibility that it could not be Voth and could be another species entirely...

After all we're talking about a Featured Episode involving the Dewans.... who knows how many of them escaped Dewa III only to build this massive Dyson Sphere and eventually create ships that could be warp capable, even transwarp capable.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hrmmm...

It will be worse in some fashion compared to any Carrier that Cryptic is selling (Zen or Lobi).
    It will be better on Romulan toons than Fed/KDF because of Romulan BOFFs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Voth carrier.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content

Late september section.

New teaser episode for season 8 and 9.

Player will use iconian gateway on new romulas.

Awards voth carrier.

I was being a smart alec.

I'm going to watch the panel later.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Remember the sto wiki can be edited by anyone... I could go change that to a "Borg Cude"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm looking forward to this new carrier whether it's Voth, Dewan, Iconian or whatever. I also cannot wait for a female Voth officer and putting enormous TRIBBLE on her.:D
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410