test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Elachi are ridiculus!

1235»

Comments

• azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    never bothered leveling up that high, again, but ....

Gotta love trolls blowing shtuff out of their over-developed wind pipes. If you haven't "gone there and done that" and, clearly, have nothing constructive to add, maybe you should just zip it? Of course, that would defeat the purpose of your trolling in the first place...lol!
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    Why are we even bothering to fight the Elachi? Clearly they are invincible space gods, and we should probably just roll over and let them do whatever they please. Because honestly, after seeing the Elachi command ship wave at new Romulus wipe out the entire fleet (bar the hero ships, who are basically on an endless repair cycle), and dieing five times before taking down a single shield facing on the command ship while flying the D'Deridex, I honestly don't even know where to begin? Who exactly finds repeated death for no gain fun? :confused:

I agree. The mission, as currently configured, is very imbalanced. It almost seems to be a bit anti-player and a deliberate time sink.

However, I suspect it was set-up around a tier 6, R/VR kitted, min/max player and ship. With that player configuration, the mission would be lengthy and challenging, but undoubtedly winnable. What that tells us about the LoR closed beta "testing" phase is, imho, discouraging; party on my little droogies!

Unfortunately, the mission is made available to players at a much lower level than VA. Too, the majority of players are not likely to have an elite kitted ship and character. Thus, so many complaints about this poorly scaled epic arc mission, imho.

Hopefully, the entire second half of the Romulan epic mission arc will be revisited and rebalanced...soon. Like the OP, many players are disgusted with the "engage, die, respawn" cycle, even if STO doesn't penalize death at normal settings. It's simply an insulting waste of time, imho.
  • sentinelangel989sentinelangel989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God I played this on advanced and got my butt beat.

1. There needs to be more allied ships, maybe bigger ones?
    2. Increase the death cone blast's cooldown.
    3. Spread the last wave of ships out into smaller waves maybe?
  • capxenocapxeno Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The OP enemies I can deal with... but I have been encounting more glitches on the Elachi missions than on foundry eipsodes.

Seriously, this is the second time the whole subspace base episode became unwinnable by respawning me past an impassible door, blocking the third incubation chamber.

I do not know how many times I got stuck in an invisible wall on the shuttle mission....

Was there no good bug testing done?

Hell, even had to restart capturing the Elachi ship because its captain fell through the wall when he was defeated.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally I don't care for the level of damage being dished out, it was a challenging mission, I died a lot of times but I was asking for it taking the boff layout from my elite STF T3 Excelsior (which with an engineer I might add successfully showed the Borg how it's done) with a science captain and the low end lvling gear.

If you ask me, the NPCs should have more skills and the AI to use them properly.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know I had fun playing many of those missions.. challenging and who cares if you die.

I think they did nerf the defending romulas mission way to much.. played on elite and didn't die once.. (prior to nerf died many many times on normal)

Keep the episodes challenging, don't nerf them please
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • crimsonlenacrimsonlena Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Elachi are terrible. Let me share a tale of a friend of mine, whom has never complained about difficulty and enjoys a challenge.. and then the Elachi happened and they where deemed ridiculous. And they are, now my friend and I have played STO since beta, have lifetime subs and been gaming in general since the original NES days. They are just poorly balanced.

To be clear, before that last mission, they are just annoying and boring, with both my friend and I beating on one of them at the same time with good ship loadouts it took so long to finish those missions and it become such a chore. The final mission was the point where it got so bad eventually with 1 shot kills on our warbirds with power diverted to shields, we just cloaked and waited for the mission to finish out of annoyance and frustration.

Anyone who thinks they are fine like they are and fun, are just epeen stroking and no devs should EVER use them as a baseline to balance things. You people are masochistic and need to see a Counselor.

You have your STFs people, you dont need to ruin the game for the 99%
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a simple request

Re: The Elachi.

The designer of the arc and the Elachi enemies be given the honor of signing his work.

This way the people that like repetitive tedious battles of attrition can seek out his efforts and others can avoid them.

After all the rest of the game seems very good, no sense tainting the good with the bad.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I liked the Elachi battle above New Romulus. It was difficult, but not horrendous... though I completely ignored the existence of my D'Deridex and used my Valdore for my Commander levels as well.

Yes, the Elachi love to use placates and disables (and bigaft Rainbow Net -> Death Crescent attacks), but that makes them much different from most other enemies in the game... which was kind of the point.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​