test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Hanger Pets Access for Free (Ended 72 hours after 7/12 per OP)

Comments

• Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited July 2013
    If that's the case why do you all sound the same?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I won't be getting an invite, because I wouldn't get enough fleet credits by the time this was over. But such is life I s'pose.

Anyways, couple fleet mates of mine were interested in these, so you might see them sometime over the weekend. Thanks again for it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I just want to briefly jump in this thread to congratulate our Brothers and Sisters in NoP on both their achievement and their dedication to the STO community. In an age where fleets "sell" access to goods, raking in massive profits at the expense of others, Dental and her affiliates rush to assist players in need. It is through acts like these that compliment and further the vision Roddenberry had for the Star Trek universe where material gain is irrelevant, and the only reward is knowing that others have been helped by your actions.

We are pleased to see the NoP stepping into the spotlight and making a name for itself.

Congratulations again from Starfleet Dental and the Ministry of Peace and Prosperity.

Nbreeki

I don't know if I've ever read a bigger a load of BS on the internet. You guys are usually too busy calling people scrubs and saying yolo to contribute to anything. Raking in massive profits at the expense of others? lol Considering the cost of getting a fleet to T5, 10 million EC is chump change.
    This is a joke right? You can't be serious. If cryptic had more than one intern running this game your entire fleet would've been banned by now.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hah, well played guys.
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if I've ever read a bigger a load of BS on the internet. You guys are usually too busy calling people scrubs and saying yolo to contribute to anything. Raking in massive profits at the expense of others? lol Considering the cost of getting a fleet to T5, 10 million EC is chump change.
    This is a joke right? You can't be serious. If cryptic had more than one intern running this game your entire fleet would've been banned by now.

It goes to show some people hate free stuff. You want us banned because we are giving access to elite hangars for free?

Your post doesn't even make sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I think your fleet probably needs the money more then we do, HOBO is richest fleet. You guys aren't trolling us, you are trolling yourselves by passing up on ec.

Just so you know, I am one of the poorest members of Starfleet Dental, (that's a link) since I have (so far) failed to max out an alt's wallet.

How is the average HOBO's wallet looking?
    TdfsKwJ.jpg
  • Options
    stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering the cost of getting a fleet to T5, 10 million EC is chump change.

There's your perception problem. For new players who haven't figured out all the intricate ways to earn EC & Dil, it is a lot of EC for them. New players who just figured out the reputation system are also dumping all their EC and resources into completing their own projects. How many new players even have a full complement of Doffs let alone purple Doffs to crit their way to wealth?

Most importantly just in like real life, people don't care how much it cost a company to build that big box store.
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stongbads wrote: »
    There's your perception problem. For new players who haven't figured out all the intricate ways to earn EC & Dil, it is a lot of EC for them. New players who just figured out the reputation system are also dumping all their EC and resources into completing their own projects. How many new players even have a full complement of Doffs let alone purple Doffs to crit their way to wealth?

Most importantly just in like real life, people don't care how much it cost a company to build that big box store.

then new players shouldnt start with the bestest gear, but work their way up, until they can afford better things? maybe, perhaps?

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    rhakatheredrhakathered Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    then new players shouldnt start with the bestest gear, but work their way up, until they can afford better things? maybe, perhaps?
    Three words: Elite Orion Slavers.

An initial investment which will help someone become space middle class rather comfortably, even the (clever) casual player.
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice to see a lot of excited people asking for invites to our pets already. I will have to rain on your parade a little right now though, and let you guys know the project won't be done for another 4 and a half hours from the time of this post.

Feel free to hit us up again when it's finished. I guess I could invite you to the base and let you idle there until the project is done, but that doesn't sound fun at all. :P
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »

See it's just a perception issue from your earlier post. Originally you said that 10 million EC is chump change but now it's a goal for new players to reach. No argument here.
  • Options
    warzoon007warzoon007 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OOOO How i have dreamt of this thank you can someone message me in game please @warzoon007 i`ll like an invite and to does who saying thing about 10 mil ec alyer too money hungry and a sure alyer not even in the people and them fleet there fleet there decision give back a little to the community thank you again guys
  • Options
    thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Three words: Elite Orion Slavers.

An initial investment which will help someone become space middle class rather comfortably, even the (clever) casual player.

This, right here. I'm ready to pony up for a set of these bad boys!
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riyottriyott Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The event will start in 45 minutes, we look forward to seeing you all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looking forward to the event! :D
  • Options
    riyottriyott Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The event has started, send a tell to @grimrak and @younghustler for a starbase invite.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    riyott wrote: »
    Starfleet Dental and its sister fleet Nerds of Prey in celebration of House of Beautiful Orions fully upgrading their starbase to Tier V just after Shutup Wesley, we are offering free access to fleet hanger pets to all KDF players starting Friday July 12th for 72 hours. You will need to provide your own fleet credits, dilithium, and fleet provisions.

Fleet pets are 100,000 fleet credits and 45,000 dilithium each.

Contact @younghustler, @technical42nd or @grimrak for a starbase invite.

Praise Dear Leader, for he is kind.

Right...
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Funny how short people's memories become when something shiny is put in front of them...

People, please remember who this 'fleet' is and what they stand for. I don't care if they bought the damn items for me, I wouldn't use those things; I don't want my inventory tarnished by the association.

I'd rather pay HoBO 20 mil than to take part in such a thinly veiled PR event for a group of terrible people.
  • Options
    captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!

I just purchased my Elite Romulan Drones!!!
  • Options
    faxmachinefaxmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Funny how short people's memories become when something shiny is put in front of them...

People, please remember who this 'fleet' is and what they stand for. I don't care if they bought the damn items for me, I wouldn't use those things; I don't want my inventory tarnished by the association.

I'd rather pay HoBO 20 mil than to take part in such a thinly veiled PR event for a group of terrible people.

A fool and his money, as they say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    offer is legitimate, no issues for me
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just purchased my elite hangar from the NoP fleet starbase. Thank you NoP. Good to see people stand up for Roddenbery's vision of what a Trek universe ought to be like.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also, people that are trying to abuse the /ignore_spammer to stop us from spreading the word, are getting reported.
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    riyott wrote: »
    Starfleet Dental and its sister fleet Nerds of Prey in celebration of House of Beautiful Orions fully upgrading their starbase to Tier V just after Shutup Wesley, we are offering free access to fleet hanger pets to all KDF players starting Friday July 12th for 72 hours. You will need to provide your own fleet credits, dilithium, and fleet provisions.

Fleet pets are 100,000 fleet credits and 45,000 dilithium each.

Contact @younghustler, @technical42nd or @grimrak for a starbase invite.

Praise Dear Leader, for he is kind.

Congratulations on behalf of the STO Academy Fleets and the Staff of the "Public Service" channel. If you want to promote this generous offer, then feel free to use the "Public Service" channel to do so. I'm sure, its more than 850 subscribers will be thrilled by it.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mreeves7a wrote: »

THIS, people. T-H-I-S.

SFD, NOP and SUW (Trolls, Inc. for short) doing something selfless for the benefit of the player community? Come on... You can't possibly believe that.

When something seems too good to be true, it most certainly is.

I'm telling you: don't fall for this. You'll be sorry sooner than later.

Cheers.
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    even when people tell its a scamm, i mus tell otherwise:

it is treu!

no lie, no begging for money or what ever, they invite you, they have some people to welcome you, you are free to wander around, buy whatever you want or like, and when you feel you should go on, you can leave whenever you want.

so guys, thanks for the awesome drone's, and thanks for helping the community out!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    THIS, people. T-H-I-S.

SFD, NOP and SUW (Trolls, Inc. for short) doing something selfless for the benefit of the player community? Come on... You can't possibly believe that.

When something seems too good to be true, it most certainly is.

I'm telling you: don't fall for this. You'll be sorry sooner than later.

Cheers.

Ok, assume we are up to something, what could that possibly be? What benefit do we get by letting others use our starbase aside from the stated goal or providing the community with free access to T5 hanger pets and good PR?
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skookahskookah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Didn't partake - don't need em. Been watching on the starbase for the past half hour, it's legitimate.

Also, if you want some elite disruptors to go with your fighters, House of Snoo can provide.
  • Options
    pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    Ok, assume we are up to something, what could that possibly be? What benefit do we get by letting others use our starbase aside from the stated goal or providing the community with free access to T5 hanger pets and good PR?

Exactly, it is Fleets like this one, that make the "Public Service" channel a success, btw.
This discussion has been closed.