test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Hanger Pets Access for Free (Ended 72 hours after 7/12 per OP)

Comments

• annalislannalisl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks a bunch for the generosity!! Your KDF Starbase looks quite the business, too :)
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually just realized that borg cubes are the perfect prey for the Elite Slavers Quatun mines as well, six distruptor beam banks to strip shield and Quantum mines and photon torpedoes to blow it up.
  • riyottriyott Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The party is over but the event goes on. If you need a starbase invite look up any Nerds of Prey member with the search function. If they say no do not pester them, just ask another member. If no one will invite you you'll just have to wait and ask later.

Thank you all for joining us, we hope you enjoy your stuff.

Again, please do not send mails to NoP fleet members asking for star base invites.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You /tell @ what ever the handle is.
  • thekippathekippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm inclined to ask the same thing. Are you mad? Have you been playing the game at all? Trolls, Inc. is known game wide for -and they pride themselves in- their constant trolling and griefing in whatever new creative way the game's broken mechanics and exploits allows them to. Going into details here would make for a very long post, so I'll just name a few:

• Politely inviting people to their bridges then trapping and killing them on loop for HOURS.
    • Blowing up people at ESD for days until Cryptic fixed it.
    • Blowing up people at DS9 for days until Cryptic fixed it. (recent, post LOR launch)
    • Their trademark full-time, ubiquitous trolling in Drozana station.

Dont' believe me? Just take a look at this video. See the end credits. They pride themselves in it.

So for me -and I'm sure for good deal of people in this game- nothing good can ever come from any of them.

I sure wish this "unbelievable good offer" doesn't come back to bite you all in your collective, um... "butts" later on.

I'll just pass, thank you very much.

Cheers.

This man is right, clearly all the items have somehow been rigged to explode upon use and when they explode they send all your items to dental!!!

A cunning plan indeed but you're not going to get away with this! Right now there are top men looking into this. Top. Men.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea of trolling HOBO go ahead ...
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, Nerds of Prey! You're awesome.
  • bitterscotbitterscot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Totally legit. Picked up the slavers, BoPs and siphons.

Regards from Dr. Klinkenstein.
    [6:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Antiproton Banks - Overload III deals 166213 (61268) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
  • barbarianstevebarbariansteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just love how much Hobo rage is being directed at us for this. It' s like watching a kid angry at an adult, "Oh yeah? Well you're a poo head and you smelly funny".

Don't ever stop being you
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    I'm inclined to ask the same thing. Are you mad? Have you been playing the game at all? Trolls, Inc. is known game wide for -and they pride themselves in- their constant trolling and griefing in whatever new creative way the game's broken mechanics and exploits allows them to. Going into details here would make for a very long post, so I'll just name a few:

• Politely inviting people to their bridges then trapping and killing them on loop for HOURS.
    • Blowing up people at ESD for days until Cryptic fixed it.
    • Blowing up people at DS9 for days until Cryptic fixed it. (recent, post LOR launch)
    • Their trademark full-time, ubiquitous trolling in Drozana station.

Dont' believe me? Just take a look at this video. See the end credits. They pride themselves in it.

So for me -and I'm sure for good deal of people in this game- nothing good can ever come from any of them.

I sure wish this "unbelievable good offer" doesn't come back to bite you all in your collective, um... "butts" later on.

I'll just pass, thank you very much.

Cheers.

Yeah they are using this event to troll, they cannot help themselves being goons and all. BUT they are not trolling those that get an invite but another fleet altogether. everyone who gets an invite is a tool used in the trolling like fire extinguishers and party poppers. The target of the trolling is fleets that sell access not those that gain access.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited July 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Yeah they are using this event to troll, they cannot help themselves being goons and all. BUT they are not trolling those that get an invite but another fleet altogether. everyone who gets an invite is a tool used in the trolling like fire extinguishers and party poppers. The target of the trolling is fleets that sell access not those that gain access.

This person wants you to pay for elite hangars. Well, WE ARE GIVING THEM AWAY FOR FREE! (you must have 100k fc 45k dil and your own fleet provisions for each hangar)

For the next hour you can pm me for an invite to our kdf starbase. @devian666
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The fleet asking for 20 million is trolling...

Personally I am in no hurry since I just farm eSTF anyway but I love this here fleet for doing it, total respect
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic should put a stop to this since this gives people less incentive to help their own fleet grind and thus play less often. Once they realize how much revenue they are losing as a result, they will probably put a stop to this and ban the people who started this.
  • showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Cryptic should put a stop to this since this gives people less incentive to help their own fleet grind and thus play less often. Once they realize how much revenue they are losing as a result, they will probably put a stop to this and ban the people who started this.

Oh come on, this is just getting desperate now.
    edited July 2013

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

All I can recommend is that you think before you post. You don't need to make a fool of yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I'll give you a 3/10 for originality, but your execution was a bit lacking.
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Really??? I grinded the 100k fleet creds IN MY FLEET, before I bought my hanger thanks to Nerds of Prey. Its an all win situation, my fleet gets help, i get hangers, and you guys who are abusing the player base with your 20m extortion get jack!!!
    edited July 2013
    The starbase map is coping well so do ask for invites. We have had a few requests from feds but the Nerds of Prey starbase is kdf. As the starbase is coping well feel free to have a look around once you have your elite pets, or just ask for an invite to have a look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    I'll give you a 3/10 for originality, but your execution was a bit lacking.

By all means, play fire at your own risk. Cryptic is a for profit company. If some fleet is giving open door to anyone who asks, it defeats the purpose of their reputation system - a big money maker for them and one of the main tool to keep people playing STO - which is centered on people log on as often as possible. They react slowly but this is their game - if they decide to ban you for whatever reason even if it's totally unreasonable and unfair, you can only cry.

To be clear, I have no dog in this fight as I have no KDF toon. And I don't know Starfleet Dental or House of Sono, fleet politics doesn't interest me at all. If anything, I am more likely to be aligned against the House pre-ops M->F since I battle their "girls" all the time in PvP, they hate me and I hate them.

From a business standpoint, what you are guys are doing is problematic and they don't need any rules to stop this. And the decision will likely come from a lot higher than branflakes, since he is just a PR guy, from the bean counter.

My advice is : Don't play with fire, be prudent. There are other ways to get even with that House that no one likes. Why don't you ask Cryptic, give them a heads up in writing and see what they say? If they o.k. it on writing, then you are home free. You don't want this to come back and bite you from behind.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013

On the other hand there might be players who buy dilithium like crazy to purchase everything they can from the stores because this is a limited time event. So maybe they are making a lot of money because of this.
    In the end it does not matter either way I would say. Great event.

Also one should add: there is free bloodwine on the starbase. It is a shame if you go there simply to buy without drinking a bit.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2013

In the first place . . . never mind, not worth the effort . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited July 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    Also one should add: there is free bloodwine on the starbase. It is a shame if you go there simply to buy without drinking a bit.

There are a lot of other resources as well. Just hinting that if you look around a bit other stuff is available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    On the other hand there might be players who buy dilithium like crazy to purchase everything they can from the stores because this is a limited time event. So maybe they are making a lot of money because of this.
    In the end it does not matter either way I would say. Great event.

Interesting point, which I am sure the bean counter will consider as well in their deliberations. Someone once estimated the cost of building a Starbase from scratch to T5 is comparable to a house. The question then becomes is the dilithium conversion coming from existing money (2nd hand zen) or new new money (new zen)? The second hand zen is of no value to Cryptic, just as a used car doesn't incur sales tax to the government. Each elite hangar costs 45K dil. whereas to get a Starbase to T5 will cost astronomically more per person in each fleet. Without getting into a lot of complicate math, my opinion is that that there wont' be a lot of new money and the loss in revenue will be far greater on many level such as player on time, in-game spending and etc.
  • shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ill pass, i know what dentals all about and want nothing from them free or otherwise.

all this is is a PR stunt. when its over they'll go back to bothering players any way they can. you ppl who praise them and think they're cool....they're not
  • pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations again to Nerds of Prey for their accomplishments!

On the contrary to all the trolls around and all the spammers from the greedy competition, i have been treated very business-like by NoP. The only issue is trying to get the invite while all the HOBO like ppl are spamming the representatives of NoP.

Once on their SB i was kindly pointed the way to the nice stacks of elite pets where i purchased some very nice elite BoPs :) I am very satisfied with both my purchase and the way i was treated.

Now if i could just track down this representative from the House of Shoo :cool:

In the end, congrats again NoP and a big thank you!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013

LOL :D What are you going on about, I'm sure Cryptic is in fact loving this. :D This gets the small fleet players off their backs for a while due to NoP opening a possibility for them to get top gear for free and giving them a fighting chance to be on-pair with the players from the large fleets. I even hear that House of Snoo has joined on the action.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited July 2013
    shaitan100 wrote: »
    ill pass, i know what dentals all about and want nothing from them free or otherwise.

all this is is a PR stunt. when its over they'll go back to bothering players any way they can. you ppl who praise them and think they're cool....they're not

Question? Why do you people hate the Dental so much? I mean I only run into a few times to times, never interact per say. What's "wrong" with them?
    edited July 2013
    shaitan100 wrote: »

Actually this is a HOBO PR stunt. We're celebrating your starbase achievements by throwing a fleet party in your honour. I find it unusual that you're spamming channels about this. Why aren't you happy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    LOL :D What are you going on about, I'm sure Cryptic is in fact loving this. :D This gets the small fleet players off their backs for a while due to NoP opening a possibility for them to get top gear for free and giving them a fighting chance to be on-pair with the players from the large fleets. I even hear that House of Snoo has joined on the action.

What will likely happen after this is a lot of abandoned fleets. It's a pain to level a fleet up and the only thing realistically interesting beyond T4 items is the hangar pets. Why would any small fleets in their sound mind continue to level their fleet up painfully when some of their members already got what they want and afk? Understandably, not everyone will be able to take advantage of this short window of opportunity so say a small fleet of 35, of them 10 people got all they wanted and left or stop contributing. What is the other 25 going to do? It's hard enough as it is.

The bottom line is you can't possibly know for sure how the company feels about this. Many people did things that they were sure their company would approve, only end up getting fired over it.
    edited July 2013
    Nice one fake manager. The number of people using their new hangars has got a lot of people playing the game. Hopefully the pve queues are full of people with decent hangars to help you get your marks/gear/dil faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.