test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 11, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 11th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (7/11 @ 9:37am): We're going to extend our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (53 minutes from now).
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Better check the update thread, the patch on tribble is making the problem worse.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Better check the update thread, the patch on tribble is making the problem worse.

Mail is separated by shard now (e.g. Holodeck, Tribble), so you shouldn't see your (new) Holodeck mail on Tribble, and vice versa. I think that seems to be what is causing the confusion with those looking on Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited July 2013
    Mail is separated by shard now (e.g. Holodeck, Tribble), so you shouldn't see your (new) Holodeck mail on Tribble, and vice versa. I think that seems to be what is causing the confusion with those looking on Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OK, so maybe I misunderstand how the tribble test is supposed to confirm the mail fix works, are there any tribble testers that have had mail go missing because of the new attachment limits ?

I didn't see any posts in the tribble patch thread confirming their missing tribble attachments got returned back to the mail, only the one guy who found 'bonus' stuff in his inventory. If ITEMS are being returned to players inventorys, how does it work if the inventory is already max capacity before the patch returns them ?

:confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK, so maybe I misunderstand how the tribble test is supposed to confirm the mail fix works, are there any tribble testers that have had mail go missing because of the new attachment limits ?

I didn't see any posts in the tribble patch thread confirming their missing tribble attachments got returned back to the mail, only the one guy who found 'bonus' stuff in his inventory. If ITEMS are being returned to players inventorys, how does it work if the inventory is already max capacity before the patch returns them ?

:confused:

My guess would be the inventory overflow container is going to get flooded.

Of bigger concern is how doffs will be handled, as to my knowledge there is no overflow mechanic for them.
    edited July 2013
    I agree, because returning stuff thru the mail as originally planned could either circumvent the new limit, or cryptic will once again be holding our mail hostage until we free up attachment space in the new system. Either way an overflow bag with possibly hundreds or thousands of items in it may cause new issues, and allows a new way to 'game' the system.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the mail fix also restore missing mails that did NOT have any attachments?
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great finally a fix to the TOS uniform pallete, thanks. I didn't see the clipping issues the uniform has in the notes, hopefully that gets fixed next.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the Flying High event be extended? I may not be able to complete it since getting the bug on my character since I have not been able to run it for a week or so.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, because returning stuff thru the mail as originally planned could either circumvent the new limit, or cryptic will once again be holding our mail hostage until we free up attachment space in the new system. Either way an overflow bag with possibly hundreds or thousands of items in it may cause new issues, and allows a new way to 'game' the system.

I may be mis-remembering this, but wasn't there a server-breaking issue not so long ago that had to do with the overflow bag? It was the reason the weapons in Colliseum were made unsellable...

If so, that really doesn't bode well for tomorrow.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    * Items that were attached to in-game mail that were lost should now be back in your mailbox.
    * The TOS Romulan uniforms should now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items should now match each other.
    * Completing Rank 5 of the Nukara Reputation now directs the character to report to the Nukara base camp, where the commander will provide a significant reward.
    Thanks for your efforts on these particular updates. The latter only affects (so far) one of my toons, but I look forward to the "significant reward" on others in the coming weeks. If you guys have actually/satisfactorily fixed the first two items, you've just sold a TNG Romulan Costume set. :D

That being said, I have to echo the concerns being raised by LordMalak1 and Stirling191. Can we please get an official Dev Response explaining what exactly this fix does, what we should expect, when/how we get our items back, etc. It would be ideal if that post also OFFICIALLY acknowledged the new 100-item Mailbox limit and gave some explaination on the thought process behind it, and why it was released stealthily.

Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited July 2013
    I may be mis-remembering this, but wasn't there a server-breaking issue not so long ago that had to do with the overflow bag? It was the reason the weapons in Colliseum were made unsellable...

If so, that really doesn't bode well for tomorrow.

Ya, I've never played a game where I was afraid to logon and play.
    :rolleyes:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ya, I've never played a game where I was afraid to logon and play.
    :rolleyes:
    <humor type=dry, dumb, sarcastic>
    I thought Klingons didn't know fear...
    </humor>

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited July 2013
    <humor type=dry, dumb, sarcastic>
    I thought Klingons didn't know fear...
    </humor>

:P

Everybody with any sense fears god (in this case, the Devs).
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -the Subspace Party Amplifier Can No Longer Be Activated In Combat, And Will Vanish Immediately If There Is Combat Nearby.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about a fix for the people with lockbox ships who are not allowed to purchase the hangar pets and weapons that go with their ship? Is that being looked into yet? My friends have bug reports in, but I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes about it, unless I missed it...
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had lots of fun making the Borg ground bosses dance, lol.
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will this patch allow my liberated borg romulan beach comber outfit to stop giving me invisible legs, and let me go barefoot?
    Belief manifests reality
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That being said, I have to echo the concerns being raised by LordMalak1 and Stirling191. Can we please get an official Dev Response explaining what exactly this fix does, what we should expect, when/how we get our items back, etc. It would be ideal if that post also OFFICIALLY acknowledged the new 100-item Mailbox limit and gave some explaination on the thought process behind it, and why it was released stealthily.

Thank you.

Signed.

(Not that I lost any mail - I hope - but an official post explaining the intended workings and limits of mail as it is now is long overdue.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Thank you.

/signed

Also, I checked my Tribble mail - there were mails with items returned from the Exchange in there, (accompanied by the annoying duplicate mail with no item attached). These were return mails from Holodeck, which were in my mail when I copied the character. I have never mailed myself anything from Tribble. I posted longer explanation in the Tribble Patch Notes thread

Bottom line - I can't verify player-to-player item attachments on Tribble, due to not having sent any items on Tribble. But, I thought all my mail, including those with attachments, existed on Tribble when I made the copy. If that is correct, then nothing was returned to me.
    Will the mail fix also restore missing mails that did NOT have any attachments?

No, they lost all the messages. Only the items remained because they were in a separate database. See the thread referenced in my sig for the ongoing saga & details :)

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You fixed the Scimitars shields but what about the other reported bugs? I have to admit it does seem a little squishy.
    Please scale the KDF lore and dilithium mining missions appropriately to match their lower level now, would like to start getting accolades and dilithium at a lower level instead of having to grind a new character to start another grind.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any news on when KDF will have the fireworks back?
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    • The Captain's Table will now properly gate access based on veteran or lifetime status.

Does this mean the CT will start becoming useful again? How's about adding a deep discount commodity/device vendor for rep stuff? Or a vendor that sells dual-use ship devices? That would drive traffic up!
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    notes wrote:
    The Subspace Party Amplifier can no longer be activated in combat, and will vanish immediately if there is combat nearby.

no more dancing Armek? :(

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    no more dancing Armek? :(

"Captain, it would appear that he boogie-oogie-oogied 'till he just couldn't boogie no more."

"How astute."
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No department head fix.... :(

Thanks for the fixes! Keep them coming!!! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please don't restore my mail. I had thousands of exchange mail and it would cause major lag and cause my screen to constantly start flickering black. I don't care about the items I lost, they were worth the sacrifice. That glitch was the best thing to ever happen to me :(
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nice good updates to some peoples complaints but the game is too squishy with all the bugs u havent fixed yet and because of random people still having that dc/lag problem
  • spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can someone have a look at the IDIC tribble buff?

The buff as it is currently now only applies when you are out of combat - as soon as you jump into combat, the buff disappears till you leave combat
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • superderksuperderk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaguaro70 wrote: »
    Will the Flying High event be extended? I may not be able to complete it since getting the bug on my character since I have not been able to run it for a week or so.

Same here, i have 2 toons with this problem, one of which will not have time to complete the event and get a ship because the problem started on the second or third day of the event.
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have 74 attachments total in emails dated after May 20th which is below the 100 limit. I cannot send nor receive emails, with or without attachments, on any character on the account. Is this patch going to fix my issue?
This discussion has been closed.