What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 11, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skonn wrote: »
    Or the unnatural female twig legs with the TOS Romulan skirt

What? You're not a fan of ridiculously MASSIVE thigh gap? ;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • langclangc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    The fleet logo designer does not display colors correctly in the middle of the top row of the color palette. If you click on a yellow color to put on your logo, it comes green instead. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

I have noticed this too. Waiting on a fix. That the mail bug has now been fixed (the biggest issue to date) gives me hope for other, more minor bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skonn wrote: »
    Or the unnatural female twig legs with the TOS Romulan skirt

Or the "armpit-less" Explorer/Beachcomber shirt on a Klingon female doing Dance (Wave Hands).
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Bran - Not to be a nag about this, but we were asked to log in to check if the mail item thing was fixed on Holodeck. There was a lot of confusion regarding the separation of mail between Holodeck and Tribble (when did that happen, btw?).

Any-who, I posted results I could verify, asked about whom the sender will be, but not sure if anyone paid any attention. There are no replies from any Cryptic people; just wondering if they've double-checked after asking for feedback, is it still going live, what should we expect to see?

I cleared my mailbox; it's completely empty. Hope to find all my stuff in there after the patch. Just some additional information so I know whether what I see is what is expected would be nice. Thx

Well GOOD LUCK, I hope the patch fixes your issue.

As I've just learned it's now IMPOSSIBLE for me to earn that Risian Corvette there's no big rush for me to get back into the game, I've rediscovered the awesomeness of co-op PvP in Black Ops on my console.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    nice good updates to some peoples complaints but the game is too squishy with all the bugs u havent fixed yet and because of random people still having that dc/lag problem

THIS

I haven't been able to play properly since after the launch of LoR. Without changing any settings, some days are fine, some days even the ground portions of regular story missions are super clippy/laggy, only to beam up and have the space portion working just fine.

At least I've stopped being kicked from the server every 10 minutes... but this intermittent lag is really a pain :/
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am very Borg right now -.- when will this patching be done?

^Joke btw I just wanted to post something
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    patch is upp apperently since i just got done patching
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    derp... 3 hour maintenance today not 2 hour
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    THIS is the biggest problem with STO: Players have come to expect to be ignored even when they have legitimate complaints or suggestions.

It might not be true that the devs and community team are ignoring us, but the "perception" among players is that we're being ignored ... and perception is reality whether we like it or not.

Even if the devs are already listening to players the devs and community team need to do a better job of showing that they are listening and taking action on complaints/suggestions.

Sure, you can blow off players as a bunch of whiny complainers (maybe most/all of us are) but as all of those whiners create a chorus of voices complaining about being ignored (both here and in the game) it really makes for an unpleasant game environment.

This ^^^^^^ `1000 times over....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Resistance is futile.

Clearly the Borg have never asked Cryptic to deal with bugs.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Clearly the Borg have never asked Cryptic to deal with bugs.

On that note, now I get sad and think of STO whenever I watch this scene from Star Trek VI where the Klingons say, "Don't catch any bugs!" and then they laugh hysterically:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgQIs5dWvE

For some reason, whenever I read a post mentioning a bug in STO I just imagine the devs sitting in a room saying "Don't catch any bugs!" and then laughing at us poor idiots forking over cash to buy Zen.

:P
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    THIS is the biggest problem with STO: Players have come to expect to be ignored even when they have legitimate complaints or suggestions.

It might not be true that the devs and community team are ignoring us, but the "perception" among players is that we're being ignored ... and perception is reality whether we like it or not.

Even if the devs are already listening to players the devs and community team need to do a better job of showing that they are listening and taking action on complaints/suggestions.

Sure, you can blow off players as a bunch of whiny complainers (maybe most/all of us are) but as all of those whiners create a chorus of voices complaining about being ignored (both here and in the game) it really makes for an unpleasant game environment.

That is a big part of what keeps me out of this game. I know some regular players that spend a lot of money in STO but are generally unsatisfied with premium content due to bugs. If players are expected to pay real money for this vanity content like costumes or ships, and whatever else is available in the C-Store. This content needs to be tested and polished before it is released. The turnaround for gameplay bug fixes and testing for those fixes needs to be improved upon as well. A happy player spends more money.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • thetruenatasthetruenatas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So par for norm, here I sit from work while another STO patch is taking place. Un-par for norm I have even more time than usual to kill as tech support calls are dwindled to a current halt, thus I take the time to actually read some of the player responses on the maintenance posting

I find myself nearly run over by the storm of Wah-mbulances as their sirens fill my eyes in text form.

I couldn't go w/out adding some of my own wails to their cry... but unlike theirs, mine is at the very drivers of those vehicles....
    Really guys? your upset because you abused the email system for the course of a 3+ year run of this game and you are angry with the dev's as they tuck their tails and submit to your demands for addressing that abuse of their system?

I even read where one Klingon even went so far as to engage in Fear, and reverencing the developers as 'God' and thus deserving of such fear. Obviously a Kling' that has yet to visit Sto'Vo'Kor...

Don't get me wrong community and providers, this game is AMAZING, the community is surprisingly helpful, open, and nearly devoid of the run-of-the-mill Trolling that most MMO's over the years have propagated.
    While you complain rant and whine over mails, event bugs, and even bugs that have been resident far too long but truly do not disrupt a player's means to enjoy the game. Heaven forbid that the greater half of those playing the game are likely doing so without subjecting themselves to actually lining the developer's pockets with any Real money for their efforts.
    Shoot this is the only 'F2P' MMO I've known of that actually allows the players to fully utilize the means of pay-to-play elements w/out ever spending an actual cent of real cash.

Sure those that Do pay for their gaming in this realm should feel they are heard, acknowledged, and most importantly answered; but then you have the Lifetime account players feeling they are just as obligated being they ponied up a whopping 200$ while a sale was active, never taking into account the fact that the monthly paying players that share in the same Veteran Reward access are the ones that invested real income into this game and its overall development.

To cry out is not unusual when we are in pain regardless of species or game, but the truth of the matter is its one thing to cry out because someone shot you, its another when you shoot yourself.
    Certainly the lack of mail regulations and specifics in regards is something that could be clearer put; but lets face it if you never picked up the mail in your mailbox in your real life residence what makes you think the post office is going to actually put as much care and concern in handling getting mail back to you that was lost from Your negligence in that situation?

I for one am BEYOND impressed with the work STO's team is doing and manages to keep doing without growing as hostile as other developers have to their players.

After decades of MMO's and MMO type games I can say without any doubt, STO has done a remarkable job under extenuating circumstances; and anyone that would say otherwise may as well request that the Dev's behave as other Dev's of other MMO's have and begin shutting doors AND windows to keep the noise to a minimum from all the sirens as more WAH-mbulances make their presence known...

While we all have frustrations when it comes to certain bugs, or needed fixes within an MMO; I for one am taking the time to instead chime my siren of thanks...

Thank you Cryptic, for providing us this game

Thank you Bran, for remaining so patient with our community

Thank you players, for reminding me this is still just another MMO ....

For awhile there, when avoiding all these comments, I started to really think I had found a window from my computer into heaven....

While the party balls may now no longer work at all times, this is one Ferengi that will Keep on Dancing!!!

'Bugs are like cockroaches in your circuitry, just getting rid of those visible, in no way means they are all gone.'
  • purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I second that, thetruenatas.
  • crapface12crapface12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its 12:30 PM where i am and the servers are still down
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So par for norm, here I sit from work while another STO patch is taking place. Un-par for norm I have even more time than usual to kill as tech support calls are dwindled to a current halt, thus I take the time to actually read some of the player responses on the maintenance posting

I find myself nearly run over by the storm of Wah-mbulances as their sirens fill my eyes in text form.

I couldn't go w/out adding some of my own wails to their cry... but unlike theirs, mine is at the very drivers of those vehicles....
    Really guys? your upset because you abused the email system for the course of a 3+ year run of this game and you are angry with the dev's as they tuck their tails and submit to your demands for addressing that abuse of their system?

I even read where one Klingon even went so far as to engage in Fear, and reverencing the developers as 'God' and thus deserving of such fear. Obviously a Kling' that has yet to visit Sto'Vo'Kor...

Don't get me wrong community and providers, this game is AMAZING, the community is surprisingly helpful, open, and nearly devoid of the run-of-the-mill Trolling that most MMO's over the years have propagated.
    While you complain rant and whine over mails, event bugs, and even bugs that have been resident far too long but truly do not disrupt a player's means to enjoy the game. Heaven forbid that the greater half of those playing the game are likely doing so without subjecting themselves to actually lining the developer's pockets with any Real money for their efforts.
    Shoot this is the only 'F2P' MMO I've known of that actually allows the players to fully utilize the means of pay-to-play elements w/out ever spending an actual cent of real cash.

Sure those that Do pay for their gaming in this realm should feel they are heard, acknowledged, and most importantly answered; but then you have the Lifetime account players feeling they are just as obligated being they ponied up a whopping 200$ while a sale was active, never taking into account the fact that the monthly paying players that share in the same Veteran Reward access are the ones that invested real income into this game and its overall development.

To cry out is not unusual when we are in pain regardless of species or game, but the truth of the matter is its one thing to cry out because someone shot you, its another when you shoot yourself.
    Certainly the lack of mail regulations and specifics in regards is something that could be clearer put; but lets face it if you never picked up the mail in your mailbox in your real life residence what makes you think the post office is going to actually put as much care and concern in handling getting mail back to you that was lost from Your negligence in that situation?

I for one am BEYOND impressed with the work STO's team is doing and manages to keep doing without growing as hostile as other developers have to their players.

After decades of MMO's and MMO type games I can say without any doubt, STO has done a remarkable job under extenuating circumstances; and anyone that would say otherwise may as well request that the Dev's behave as other Dev's of other MMO's have and begin shutting doors AND windows to keep the noise to a minimum from all the sirens as more WAH-mbulances make their presence known...

While we all have frustrations when it comes to certain bugs, or needed fixes within an MMO; I for one am taking the time to instead chime my siren of thanks...

For awhile there, when avoiding all these comments, I started to really think I had found a window from my computer into heaven....

While the party balls may now no longer work at all times, this is one Ferengi that will Keep on Dancing!!!

'Bugs are like cockroaches in your circuitry, just getting rid of those visible, in no way means they are all gone.'

/10 char

signed, stamped with "i approve" and send to chuck norris..
  • diplomat9999diplomat9999 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lotro is much more user friendly than sto in terms of bang for your buck. customer service, and honesty with their players. its a heck of a lot cheaper too.
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crapface12 wrote: »
    its 12:30 PM where i am and the servers are still down

Unless where you are is somewhere in the future then you would be able to log in But for the rest of us there's still 25 min to go.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I'm laughing at you thetruenatas for having so much spare time to compose that wall of text but not enough time to read the complaints and not enough sense to understand their meaning. If you'd used your time wisely you understand why some of us are upset about not being warned about losing our stuff that was being sent via a system that until a VERY recent change of heart be the devs, wasn't being used in an explotive manner.

I'm also laughing because I just know YOU purchased a lifetime sub and you're desperate to justify that purchase in your mind.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (53 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *blahblahCrypticDefenceForcerubbishblahblahSnip*

You're impressed by the game as it is? Good grief, how would you feel if bugs were actually fixed?! I know that right now a lot of people are not impressed, but if cryptic fixes the myriad of long standing bugs then that would go a long way towards putting things right.
    After decades of MMO's and MMO type games I can say without any doubt, STO has done a remarkable job under extenuating circumstances

I agree, they have had a rough time of it. However, STO and it's history strikes me as a project that was taken on by a team that just wasn't really big enough for the job.
    and anyone that would say otherwise may as well request that the Dev's behave as other Dev's of other MMO's have and begin shutting doors AND windows to keep the noise to a minimum from all the sirens as more WAH-mbulances make their presence known...

More CDF rubbish. Just because you have a beer, doesn't mean that others are sober.

[While we all have frustrations when it comes to certain bugs, or needed fixes within an MMO; I for one am taking the time to instead chime my siren of thanks...

Again, how would you react if the bugs were fixed and truly impressive content was release regularly sans bugs? Do yourself (and others) a favour and stop fawning over them. It's unbecoming.

That's his job. Good of him to remain professional though, that much must be said.

Trollbait. Enough said.

While I appreciate the size of the patch notes (rarely are big patch notes a bad sign), it strikes me that disco balls were thought to be more deserving of a fix than much more serious and longer-standing issues like the tailor KDF side, or the bugs on defera.
    I need a beer.

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited July 2013
    personally i think there should be a patch every day so they are small and specific and not huge patches that break to many things as they fix others

I think cryptic should say Fixed user found bug about X if it is in response to a bug report so the customers see they ae responding to us the customers

If its a bug they found then let them take credit

Almost every huge patch takes a month or more to fix with many fix bug patche's

As the patch is loading the Bug reports should be on your screen as well
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really guys? your upset because you abused the email system for the course of a 3+ year run of this game

Using an in-game system within the parameters of how the devs described it to work is not abuse.

Oh, and by the way, no matter how much you suck up to them, the devs will never allow you to sit at the cool kids' table.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 10:30am PDT (53 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well they definitely want to lose a customer. Came back last week after two years and bang, downtime 5 hours. Today another. One would think they have learned to have a different time for Europe, but no, EU prime time is the best time for maintenance... Well time to move on again it seems.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unless where you are is somewhere in the future then you would be able to log in But for the rest of us there's still 25 min to go.

Damn that Biff Tannen, I was wondering where my DeLorean went.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    please tell us why again after it took longer last week too whats the big problem ... and why 3h at all now iven 30 min more ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    embrosil wrote: »
    Well they definitely want to lose a customer. Came back last week after two years and bang, downtime 5 hours. Today another. One would think they have learned to have a different time for Europe, but no, EU prime time is the best time for maintenance... Well time to move on again it seems.

seriously it is ALWAYS you who says that, no one else, so stop it, they don't need to move their schedule around to fit YOUR timeline, no one else is complaining so just stop it...

if this is considered breaking the rules sorry I was just tired of his complaining every single patch day
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    embrosil wrote: »

i'm from the eu myself, the netherlands to be specific, this means downtime is from 16:00 to 19:00 ( as original stated in the first post) this make's that when i'm back home from work, i can wait approx 1 to 2 houre's before i can play.

yes it sucks sometime's, but are patch note needed? yes they are.

if the patch time is 1 of the reasons ( i consider you have proberly more) i wish you good luck finding a mmo that doesnt patch in eu prime time,because believe me there are few of them,i know it sucks, but we cant chance it, because it will fall in a prime time if you pick another time or not.

i rather have prime time down and be able to play with (hopefully) less bugs and problems, then play a game thats filled of bugs and problems, but doesnt patch when i'm out of work.

may you ever find an intresting game that doesnt patch in eu prime time, let me know.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh yay extended maint. Well at least they're actually fixing something this time. Hopefully they don't break everything else while doing it though.
    pvp = small package
This discussion has been closed.