What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground PVP Concerns Directory 1.0

Comments

• Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is it 13% of the STO community PvP? That is a small number which relates to small revenue. The loss would be minimal and probably already surpassed any loss with LoR. All this whining and complaining causes more loss in revenue so they can wipe the little noses of the whiners and complainers when they could be fixing other issues in the game.

You'd be surprised at how much pvp'ers spend money in games. Even if your guessed percentage is low, from what I hear from my friends, a single pvp'er can spend more money than all pve'rs combined. And most of the money I used to spend myself in this game was because of pvp.

As in wanting a doff that helps me, this is true. Case in point is the doff that decreases consumable recharge. If you think about it, a hypo will recharge in 15s instead of 30s. It's still a large interval, helps even out the field across different careers, and does not break the game. It is fair and balanced around the fact that it does not turn you into god mode, unlike the last Security doff.

There might be some exceptions, like the Melee Crit doff that has been around. But I honestly can't think of anything else. I stand my point that doffs (before this last pack) are far to be the main issue with ground pvp.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tk79 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at how much pvp'ers spend money in games. Even if your guessed percentage is low, from what I hear from my friends, a single pvp'er can spend more money than all pve'rs combined. And most of the money I used to spend myself in this game was because of pvp.

As in wanting a doff that helps me, this is true. Case in point is the doff that decreases consumable recharge. If you think about it, a hypo will recharge in 15s instead of 30s. It's still a large interval, helps even out the field across different careers, and does not break the game. It is fair and balanced around the fact that it does not turn you into god mode, unlike the last Security doff.

There might be some exceptions, like the Melee Crit doff that has been around. But I honestly can't think of anything else. I stand my point that doffs (before this last pack) are far to be the main issue with ground pvp.

I will throw another wrench into the money aspect of this though. Pretty much all pvpers are also experts in this games economy. I never once nor anyone that I have ever talked too spent any real money to aquire doff packs in hopes of winning certain doffs. We all tend to just buy them on the exchange for energy credits.
  • Options
    alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will throw another wrench into the money aspect of this though. Pretty much all pvpers are also experts in this games economy. I never once nor anyone that I have ever talked too spent any real money to aquire doff packs in hopes of winning certain doffs. We all tend to just buy them on the exchange for energy credits....and most of the time some of us buy keys that cost zen and sell the keys for energy credits so we have the EC's to spend on the exchange for doffs and other stuff

adding to your post

....and most of the time some of us buy keys that cost zen and sell the keys for energy credits so we have the EC's to spend on the exchange for doffs and other stuff
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    radkip wrote: »
    Chain knockback is officially here to stay; The "Knockdown Immunity" buff you get when someone knocks you over is now gone on Tribble. And no, Surefooted does not make people immune to knockback like it is (was?) supposed to.

Sure-footed is also supposed to grant immunity to roots while in aim-mode. Is this also broken? According to the following post in the Tribble forums, the creative trait does not apply to engineering kits:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9963431&postcount=285

What other ground traits are currently broken?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    dixiemonroedixiemonroe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alax2011 wrote: »
    adding to your post

....and most of the time some of us buy keys that cost zen and sell the keys for energy credits so we have the EC's to spend on the exchange for doffs and other stuff

And that amount don't come close to what person a company has to allocate(pay them) to the 13%. If it was a profitable venue yes but the money flow is not there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And that amount don't come close to what person a company has to allocate(pay them) to the 13%. If it was a profitable venue yes but the money flow is not there.

How can you tell? I'm not sure were you're getting your numbers from, but mine are from friends and fleetmates that actually tell me real values of their monthly costs with the game. Keyword is MONTHLY. I am definitely sure there is a money flow there, as the numbers they tell me make me quite envious.

On the other hand, most of my pve fleetmates are occasional buyers. A ship here, a costume pack there. A large part doesn't pay at all, and I'll hardly see a non-pvp player with a gold or LT subscription. This is my experience in a large fleet that runs a variety of events including PvP.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From the Tribble patch notes:
    Duty Officers
    Resolved an issue where the DoT from Security Officer's Ambush Active Roster power would benefit twice from damage-increasing buffs, powers, and skills
    Resolved an issue where the DoT from Security Officer's Ambush Active Roster power would ignore resistance to Physical damage
    The DoT from Security Officer's Ambush Active Roster power can now be removed by healing at least half of the afflicted target's maximum health. It can also be cleansed by any powers which remove Physical DoTs.

It's great and refreshing to see a PvP related fix going live so fast (just one week after the release) and I as many other serious pvpers are grateful for this.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    From the Tribble patch notes:

It's great and refreshing to see a PvP related fix going live so fast (just one week after the release) and I as many other serious pvpers are grateful for this.

Though testing will still need to be done to see if these things are actually in-line and still not overly ridiculous.

I wonder if they know that they also are ignoring dodge chance or not as well.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Though testing will still need to be done to see if these things are actually in-line and still not overly ridiculous.

I wonder if they know that they also are ignoring dodge chance or not as well.

This balancing act is going to make little difference. There is still a way to get very high one tick kill damage off these doffs. One that will most likely never be fixed since it's cousin hasn't been fixed yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This balancing act is going to make little difference. There is still a way to get very high one tick kill damage off these doffs. One that will most likely never be fixed since it's cousin hasn't been fixed yet.

I'm curious what you mean by 'cousin'. Probably another DOFF or combo that is still gonna keep this DOFF wicked-strong, like melee DOFFs, or maybe something else.

Still, bug fixes are bug fixes, and we'll find out how it's changed when this fix goes through on Holodeck.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Hmmm... plasma proc from weapons?
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    dixiemonroedixiemonroe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You can still stack them get a high tick one kill. DoT weapons actually I got a higher than elite fleet weapons.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps this has been mentioned in another thread, but if not I'll post it here as it can relate to Ground PvP:

The "Warrior" trait does not show an increase in CritD after trait is selected. This may simply be the counter not showing it and it DOES register in the background, but it has no noticeable effect.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You can still stack them get a high tick one kill. DoT weapons actually I got a higher than elite fleet weapons.

Of course you can still use 3 doffs in this class but that's not what I am referring too. And elite fleet weapons will make no difference with this tactic. Advanced fleet weapons are superior to and elite weapon on ground both on the fed and kdf side.

Advanced weapons give higher base damage (fed and kdf)

Elite weapons fed lower base damage with a potential useless shield heal proc that can be washed away in less than one shot in most cases

Elite weapons kdf lower base damage with a potential proc to vaporize a target that is going to be dead in the next shot anyway

Save your credits and dilthium. Buy advanced or even mk 12 weapons off the exchange with the right mods can be just as deadly as anything from the fleet system. In fact no class can go wrong with the crtd times 3 mod adding 60 percent severity on as critical hit.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps this has been mentioned in another thread, but if not I'll post it here as it can relate to Ground PvP:

The "Warrior" trait does not show an increase in CritD after trait is selected. This may simply be the counter not showing it and it DOES register in the background, but it has no noticeable effect.

I don't think soldier adds any severity either. You start out with 50 base severity when your toon is born and it stays at 50 after soldier is taken. The damage mod part of it works at least.

There are actually lots of things wrong with this game that have been lingering for ages. I am going to get on and start submitting tickets saying I died a few times in an stf and I almost had the borg killldeded. If my soldier trait was working those few critical hits he would be dead instead of me. I am gonna go roleplay somewhere else until you fxtestst this bug man.. Pouts and walks away!
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is this the right place for this? Not sure. But I don't even gpvp. I am on spvp teams and spec max space, therefore min ground. The skill points need to be even for all players in space ground. I would like to vive it. Go but space skill points and traits are my bread and butter.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Went back to try again Ground PVP.
    A Reman useing knokback bug remember me why I should stay away.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think soldier adds any severity either. You start out with 50 base severity when your toon is born and it stays at 50 after soldier is taken. The damage mod part of it works at least.

There are actually lots of things wrong with this game that have been lingering for ages. I am going to get on and start submitting tickets saying I died a few times in an stf and I almost had the borg killldeded. If my soldier trait was working those few critical hits he would be dead instead of me. I am gonna go roleplay somewhere else until you fxtestst this bug man.. Pouts and walks away!

Soldier does work Biggles, the +10% critical damage bonus is just added like a [CritD] mod to energy weapons. Take a white weapon and equip it to a character with the soldier trait. Next roll over the fire weapon button for the tooltip, you will see the +10% critical damage listed.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wdoc wrote: »
    Not all doffs need to go, the latest pack seem to be the ones that need retuned. I want to see people building skill and tactics on then ground. This cant happen when the tactic is go up to the bridge...omega cloak...ambush...secondary on the spilt beam and hide. Then repeat as needed, while talking in zone chat about how overpowered it is?

I was using covert distortion field ambush with doffs and splitbeam on the bridge too, but what are you supposed to do when going up against people that will make you spend entire match knocked down with melee. Its not only new doffs but these old ones too, I am thankful these new ones at least give something non melee can use against these people.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The chain knockback is something that most ground pvpers think is broken. There is no resistance from getting knocked down. There are a few small amount of people using it. Usually there is just one or 2 a night using it and when they do it is away from their team and they are easy pickings. Its still annoying, but in order to fix certain things in ground pvp... I think its going to take a major wipe and engine change on it.

I would say a good 50% of the time...its one or 2 people on a team that cause issues. Example one person on the team running into a group of 5 trying to uncloak and getting killed repeatly and they still do not listen or change strategy. I beam when I see this...its no fun trying to keep the same person alive or spending the whole match in team chat saying STOP.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, looks like some good stuff coming up. As I saw on tribble, plenty of changes.

In particular this caught my eye:

Orbital Strike: Fixed a bug that would prevent this power's reticule effect from playing for Federation and Federation allied Romulan characters.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wdoc wrote: »
    The chain knockback is something that most ground pvpers think is broken. There is no resistance from getting knocked down. There are a few small amount of people using it. Usually there is just one or 2 a night using it and when they do it is away from their team and they are easy pickings. Its still annoying, but in order to fix certain things in ground pvp... I think its going to take a major wipe and engine change on it.

I would say a good 50% of the time...its one or 2 people on a team that cause issues. Example one person on the team running into a group of 5 trying to uncloak and getting killed repeatly and they still do not listen or change strategy. I beam when I see this...its no fun trying to keep the same person alive or spending the whole match in team chat saying STOP.

Actually everybody is using it, but mostly Tacts. When someone uses Lunge + Secondary Fire of a Shotgung on you, they're using it.

You are on the floor unable to do something because of the Lunge and immediately you receive a second knockback and you're on the floor again. In the past, an experimented Sci could tank and run away from 3, maybe 4 people, now you can't tank more than 2, because of the Knockback issue, you're on the floor unable to heal yourself and then you're dead.

The whole Knockback issue didn't exist before Season 7, so assuming that an Engine change could fix it's wrong. Someday we will see a fix.
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Well, looks like some good stuff coming up. As I saw on tribble, plenty of changes.

In particular this caught my eye:

Orbital Strike: Fixed a bug that would prevent this power's reticule effect from playing for Federation and Federation allied Romulan characters.

Indeed.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Actually everybody is using it, but mostly Tacts. When someone uses Lunge + Secondary Fire of a Shotgung on you, they're using it.

Not neccessarily.. i don't know about you, but my victims are usually defeated on the followup shot before the kb if one actually happens.. shotgun kb's are a chance afterall.

Theres quiete a difference between someone exploiting the sword chain knockback bug knocking their victim 5 to unlimited times on the floor to land a kill versus someone using a lunge+shotgun combo which gets em one guaranteed knockback and the ocassional followup one.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    Not neccessarily.. i don't know about you, but my victims are usually defeated on the followup shot before the kb if one actually happens.. shotgun kb's are a chance afterall.

Theres quiete a difference between someone exploiting the sword chain knockback bug knocking their victim 5 to unlimited times on the floor to land a kill versus someone using a lunge+shotgun combo which gets em one guaranteed knockback and the ocassional followup one.

Of course, but still it's part of the issue.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hazard System Officer (Ground): Your Fuse Armor has a chance to deal double damage.

You can only use one hazard system officer doff and with the selection of other engy doffs this one will have zero room in the engy's active roster.

You can slot more than one. But Fuse Armor's tooltip only shows one proc chance.
    http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto_fusearmordoff.jpg

Anyway, Fuse Armor is barely useful for damage since its duration is countered by Willpower. That was a very poorly designed DOFF, although the intention was good.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tk79 wrote: »
    You can slot more than one. But Fuse Armor's tooltip only shows one proc chance.
    http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto_fusearmordoff.jpg

Anyway, Fuse Armor is barely useful for damage since its duration is countered by Willpower. That was a very poorly designed DOFF, although the intention was good.

If iwllpower restsists that, then that must be the only thing that will power resists now.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If iwllpower restsists that, then that must be the only thing that will power resists now.

And all science holds. Try using stasis field, lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You guys thought that I was giving up on this? AH!

NO!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The biggest issue in ground PvP aside from chain knockback is the disable effect from the Tier III Nukara Passive "Cryo Immobilizer Module" and the Omega Autocarbine's 15% disable proc. If a full team uses the Cryo proc and/or the Omega gun, the disables become a permanent stack. Both procs need a 30 second immunity period after the duration ends, and stacking should be prohibited. This "immobilize" proc is basically a ground version of the old Subspace Rupture Elachi console that got fixed this last week for space. I've now tried twice to make threads for a fix on this issue, but still there hasn't been enough attention paid to it. Here's hoping the third time is the charm.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well there are a very few people that care about the state of Ground PvP, you can count them (us) with just 1 hand and sadly this is related to the quantity of people playing Ground in general, not just PvP.

Folks love to do Space and the vast majority of them don't even touch Ground, ergo, you have more people doing Space PvP and caring about it.

For Ground if it's not something that kills you faster (like the last DOFF) then it's not a problem for most of the folks.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com