test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar post-dev blog reactions (Feedback)

stonedpenguinstonedpenguin Member Posts: 57
edited August 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Oh God Shes beautiful!

5:22 - Tholaron weapon.

GIMMI NOW!

EDIT: Guys, I am going to use this thread to collect all of the Scimitar feedback. We already have the Blog thread, so we don't need a dozen different pre-release feedback threads unless there's something really specific and different to talk about. ~ Bluegeek
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Join the queue! :D
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it me or did the narrator just nerdgasm when the wings collapsed?

Turn rate doesn't seem to bad either, with the upcoming dili mine armor/turn consoles.... my Romulan Sci may lose her Fleet D'D for a Scimitar. All depends on layout now. :)

Turn rate may seems low for a cruiser, ala D'D... but is the same as the lance heavy bortas and the vo'quv.
    Hangar will make turnrate a non issue (vo'quv captain here yo) If it has two, so much the better.
    It DOES have thalon weapon. Being a three pack and singularity power means it will have some subspace ability.
    The hull rate is quite high (52,000)

In short it takes the best of all the carriers and flagships and roll them all in one. On the hand of someone that is slightly competant, it's nothing short of an "I win" ship. The only reason it's balance because technically it is on both factions.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited June 2013
    Coming to your friendly neighborhood lockbox soon! Get out your credit card kiddies. :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited June 2013
    jestersage wrote: »
    You remember how earlier when people complained "There's no reason to roll a KDF / Fed?" well, in terms of carrier / cruiser dreadnought gameplay, there will be none once it comes out

Turn rate may seems low for a cruiser, ala D'D... but is the same as the lance heavy bortas and the vo'quv.
    Hangar will make turnrate a non issue (vo'quv captain here yo) If it has two, so much the better.
    It DOES have thalon weapon. Being a three pack and singularity power means it will have some subspace ability.
    The hull rate is quite high (52,000)

In short it takes the best of all the carriers and flagships and roll them all in one. On the hand of someone that is slightly competant, it's nothing short of an "I win" ship. The only reason it's balance because technically it is on both factions.

Iconic Trek Ship + P2W + Nerd lust + Lockbox = Profit! ;)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Coming to your friendly neighborhood lockbox soon! Get out your credit card kiddies. :D

Except that it is going to be C-store, not lockbox.
    edited June 2013
    edmundduke wrote: »
    Except that it is going to be C-store, not lockbox.

Because Cryptic can always be taken at their word right. :rolleyes: Even if it is it will be a $50+ dollar 3 - pack. That's about half way to lockbox costs.

Do the math yourself. Buy key ... sell exchange ... buy ship.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • edmunddukeedmundduke Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Free for me. I've had a lifetime sub since near game launch. Got lots of saved up Zen and plenty of Dilith that I can convert. XD

But yeah, it is a three pack. The other two ships are variants of the Scimitar.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <shuffles his 5x 1k Zen chips in his fingers>

Who cares about Risa when this "Thing" is coming? ;)
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So...complete the joke.

A Scimitar, a Thunderchild, and a Vo'quv walk into a Borg STF Invasion...
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The tholaron weapon appears at 5:20ish mark in video it powers up at 5:25 and fires at 5:38 give or take a second. So minimum of 12 second charge up and fire and 14 seconds on the maximum end. That is a long time >.< and if you can't use buffs during that time... You can be killed easily. Tac team only lasts 10 seconds and other buffs may not be enough to save you while you're charging up.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's much better looking than the horrible NPC model my faith is restored.:cool:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macronius wrote: »

I have this idea, that this will be a C store ship, but also a lockbox one. you will have to get the permission to buy it from the C store, out of lockboxes.

the droprate for the permission will be the same as the ultra rare ships.
    there will be a higher chance of drop a permission to buy each ship individually, but the prize is the 3 pack permission (or the individual ones could go to the lobi store, but only permission, that is a key here!)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I wasn't going to roll another romulan unless I could get a hold of a scimitar, I better get those Dice rolling :) . I like me big ships too! sold :)
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    O M G!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    So...complete the joke.

A Scimitar, a Thunderchild, and a Vo'quv walk into a Borg STF Invasion...

Everything dies (?) ;):rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...my favorite part - when your friend was wondering aloud if she had the Thaloron Weapon...and then...like the pilot was listening he triggers it.....awesome.....

Maybe you should get your friend to wonder other things aloud.....
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    Is it me or did the narrator just nerdgasm when the wings collapsed?

He wasn't the only one. :)

I simply must fly that ship. I had both Tal Shiar ships waiting for me when i hit VA, now i dunno what to do with them :)
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    I have this idea, that this will be a C store ship, but also a lockbox one. you will have to get the permission to buy it from the C store, out of lockboxes.

the droprate for the permission will be the same as the ultra rare ships.
    there will be a higher chance of drop a permission to buy each ship individually, but the prize is the 3 pack permission (or the individual ones could go to the lobi store, but only permission, that is a key here!)

So a box that would be completely and utterly useless to current Romulan players? Are the Odyssey and Bortas also going to be available to Romulans?
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pssst, the Scimi 3-pack isn't going to be the Romulan flagship. That will be a whole other ship. ;)

What the Scimitar 3-pack does do is provide a dreadnought carrier for Romulan/Reman players...which also provides the ship to both main factions in a sense. :D
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tastes vary, obviously, but I'm not loving what they released today.

I think the whole Romulan aesthetic leans towards HUMONGOUS and scary. Doesn't do much for me personally.
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    varnoukh wrote: »
    Tastes vary, obviously, but I'm not loving what they released today.

I think the whole Romulan aesthetic leans towards HUMONGOUS and scary. Doesn't do much for me personally.

Yeah, even with the consoles, I'm guessing this thing is just going to be a big floating target, although the Drone pets do have some impressive abilities. Not sure what their hull and shield stats will be, though. I'm guessing they'll be the Romulan equivalent to the Klink Carrier BoPs.

In other ship news, any info or details on the Romulan 1000-day Vet Ship yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already have a name picked out for my Scimitar in honor of the Ur-Quans overlords from Star Control & Star Control ][.

"Launch Fighters!"
    "Launch Fighters!"

Big old dread launching swarms of drone fighters and the ship is armed with a slow charging giant fusion cannon. I loved that game.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My plan is to equip it with cloaked tractor mines, deploy them and cloak nearby.

Then watch the face of the poor TRIBBLE who get caught in them, and sees me appear and start charging my thalaron pulse!

(Plus, if this plan works even once, it will probably be the best moment i will ever experiecne in this game!)
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Explosion animation ?:D
    2010 is my join date.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Customizable hull that allow us to put something like the D'Deridex or Valdore "head" on the damned thing (I know, I know, should not be possible).
    I really would like it to look "Romulan".
  • stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't shoot me, but I always loved one particular capital ship in the Star Wars universe. It was the Interdictor class cruiser. It used four gravity well projectors to nab hapless starships out of hyperspace and then let tie fighters beat them down for boarding.

I want my science captain to use the dreadnought warbird to just that. While cloaked, drop a gravity well, slap a tractor beam on the enemy and let my drones tear it to pieces while my cannons are keeping their shields down.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That it puts an end to the "I want my Skimmitar naow!!!!!" threads.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    That it puts an end to the "I want my Skimmitar naow!!!!!" threads.

Ah, but it opens up so many possibilities!!!

"Scimitar should fire under cloak"

"Scimitar shouldn't fire under cloak"

"Nerf the Scimitar"

"Buff the Scimitar"

...you get the picture... :P
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I look forward to the point after sales die down and Cryptic decide they need to adjust the ships' stats so it's more "balanced". :P