test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar post-dev blog reactions (Feedback)

15678911»

Comments

• aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I haven't been flying the Scimitar that long and I have all three of them on my Reman.

As a Reman, I wanted the Infiltrator trait for extra defense when de-cloaking, together with Romulan ambush it can become quite the predator.

I can understand some peoples frustrations of it's ability to stay afloat, like doing the Pulse trying to tank that 12 seconds load time.

I can safely say that you'll probably have to go for the Engineer route on this bird. Also, you need to learn how to fly the beauty. It's not straight forward, de-cloak and fire until dead. Rather, the Scimitar is a bird that power-slides in and out of combat.

Set yourself up for the Pulse whilst in cloak, prepare your engineering skills to boost defense and Tactical Team to redirect shields.. set up the secondary shields and do a cloak barrage before showing yourself to the Choir-boys. Once de-cloak immediately start your Pulse.

If it's needed, once the pulse has ended, forward shield will be rather critical, but not gone. I haven't even set-up the Scimitar yet and had Uncommon junk on it and still managed to do eSTF's tanking Borg Cubes. My only problem is the damage output as I couldn't even get rid of probes (at first).

Once you get through the reputation grind to at least Tier 4, go for whatever fits your style set-wise. Get the rest of the stuff, like consoles and weaponry. I can say that it's a beast once I get there.

It's kind of hard to stick to a build with this bird because it's so versatile that not one person will probably have the same build, thanks to the universal BoFF slots.

The 3 universal consoles give you that extra predator feel at a price, but a tactical price. You want less cloak and dagger, more straight forward pew-pew.. don't get the full set and stick with what fits your class and buff that baby up. Otherwise, it's probably not for you.

As for the energy.. Haha, I laugh at those who complain. My Scimitar does just fine with his Reman Engineer. Heck, sometimes all my power-levels are almost to the max, about 100-ish on all systems, except maybe Aux.

Now I just need those tiers and gear and I'll probably be more then happy with this bird.

P.S. KEEP YOUR CREW ALIVE ...... You have consoles for that, no? Silly people.. No crew = No ship upkeep
    giphy.gif
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My sequence to activating the Thalaron beam is to activate the engineer power skill EPS power transfer III, followed by the Singularity battery capacitor, and a shift to full aux. This gives me a power rating of 125 to aux and shields and weapons and 110 to engines.

Then for defensive purposes, Secondary shields, tac team and quantum absorption. This gives me 17k shield plus a second shield and hull coverage from the quantum absorption before my main shield and hull gets fried.

Last is to activate my offensive protection. Beam fire at will, scatter volley and torpedo spread to intercept any high yield torps.

If you fire your weapons then activate the Thalaron weapon, you will be firing weapons for the first 6 seconds of the charging anim.

You can also set your pets (mine are advanced Romulan drones) to intercept mode to give another layer of protection.

My Thalaron blast does anywhere from 30k to 75k with 40-45k on the average. this plus the same damage again as a dot is very effective. Note my highest ever damage was 92k but that was a fluke as someone hit the tac cube with the omega graviton attack.

Immediately after the thalaron attack i usually cloak and use cloaked barrage with offensive buffs to do damage and heal without being targeted. All your skill bar is active when you use cloaked barrage so you can do all your healing/buffing/ect while attacking under cloak. The NPCs can't see you.

Once the cloaked barrage is over i can do my second set of offensive buffs and decloak for extra damage. By this time the target is either dead, badly damaged and usually targeted on someone else. :D

As for crew I usually activate brace for impact is i see a big attack coming, but usually I have a zombie crew with around 300-500 survivors. Lol once i was goung around with half my crew dead (as in grey colored) and only 30 people alive. everyone else were orange.

ehh i got used to it. Hazard emitters work to keep my hull up. that and miracle worker.

As for my Scimitar loadout:

Romulan Engineer
    Fore weapons:
    3x Dual Polarized Disruptor beam bank mk XII
    Bio-Molecular Warhead Launcher Mk XI
    Rapid Reload Transphasic Launcher Mk XI

Rear Weapons
    2x Disruptor Turret mk XII
    Kinetic Cutting Beam Mk XII

Borg Space set (shield/engines/deflector)
    Field Stabilizing Singularity Core Mk XII with :
    +15 Particle Generator
    Improved Singularity Jump +100% Accuracy debuff
    Singularity Battery Capacitor +30 Aux Power

Consoles:
    Borg Assimilated Module
    Plasmonic Leech
    Advanced Scimitar Systems (all 3 scimitar consoles)
    2 Warhead yield chambers (boosts all torp damamge)
    3 Disruptor Induction Coils (boosts Disruptor damage)
    Advanced Romulan drone.

I'm using a Tac on the Lt Commander Uni and a Eng on the Ensign station.

All in all I'm happy with my build. I also have a Tulwar rigged as a Jemmy Tank and a Falchion as a Heavy Torpedo Boat.
  • v0thv0th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is the layout I'm currently using on the Scimitar variant:

Reman Tactical Captain

All BOFFs have Superior Romulan Operative.

Fore Weapons:
    4x Advanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [CrtH]
    1x Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [CrtH]

Aft Weapons:
    2x Advanced Fleet Antiproton Turret Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [CrtH]
    1x Kinetic Cutting Beam Mk XII [Dmg]x3

Deflector:
    Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [ShdS] [SIF] [Stl] (Gives 35 to Starship Shield System and 26.2 to the other two.)

Impulse:
    Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines Mk XII (I'd rather have the +weapons power than +engines or sector speed.)

Singularity:
    Advanced Fleet Hyper-Stabilizing Singularity Core Mk XII [SingC] [Res] [ACap] [SSS] (Getting an Elite in a couple days so I wasn't too picky on this.)

Shields:
    M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array Mk XII

Engineering Consoles:
    2x Console - Engineering - Enhanced Neutronium Alloy Mk XII [+Turn]

Science Consoles:
    Console - Tachyokinetic Converter
    Console - Universal - Assimilated Module
    Console - Universal - Secondary Shields

Tactical Consoles:
    4x Console - Tactical - Antiproton Mag Regulator Mk XII (+120% Antiproton damage.)
    Console - Universal - Singularity Distributor Unit

Hanger:
    Hanger - Elite Romulan Drone Ship

I know I should tweak a few items, but so far this setup is giving me:
    - 38% average crit rate.
    - 135% crit severity.
    - 8,500 DPS average overall.
    - 19.8 deg/sec turn rate (29.8 deg/sec cloaked).
    - 11,927 each shield face.
    - 54,956 hull.
    - 35.6% all energy/kinetic damage resistance (55.6 Plasma resistance).

I only have 25% bonus accuracy listed, but so far both parcers I use show that I'm landing approximately 92% of my shots including torpedos.

With my turn rate, I still grin watching my fat boy slide sideways while powering up abilities just before decloaking to attack, and I can dogfight nearly anything. I also plan to replace one of the Engineering consoles for one of the Mk XII threat reducing Science consoles that will also give all my weapons the Plasma proc once my fleet unlocks it.