What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm chilled...it just gets annoying after a while when you add it to the fact that almost every day I try and play I get periods where I get bumped off every few minutes, and I even have two different pathways to the internet; the first is through the router in my house and the second uses my 4G Verizon Jetpack. I'm retired and I play this for fun and I've put a lot of money into it. There are stability issues that need to get fixed.

There was a everyday this happened to everyone when LoR was launched with daily stability improvements which to my time on here I've not seen any changes with stability. As for your "bumped off every few minutes", I've not had that at all and running on 4mbps download speed.
  • Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not exactly sure what you are doing every time you do a server maintenance when the only patch notes are Server Stability but,... It doesn't appear to be working.

but they are working look at how much more stable the servers are now that no one is on
  • Options
    hosmericahosmerica Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    C'mon, devs...there are fireworks waiting at Nimbus III...I can make it rain energy credits for the right show. :P
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't pay attention to the forums. For some strange reason, these forums are a hotbed of people wanting to kvetch and yell about every tiny nitpick. Don't let my latest GP article linked in my signature turn you away, either. It's the last in a series lead up (though totally go there and read all my STO articles :P)

The game is fun. You'll have fun if you like Star Trek. I'm sorry about th ebad timing, that really sucks, man.

I would agree with that most of the time we are only on here when the server is down.... the game is great or we wouldnt still be here complaining about it. all in all the game play is great and story line is decent. the fact that there is so much server problems is a downfall but it happens alot in many other mmo's. maybe a little more here but all in all the game is worth a play especially if you have a fall back game for server outages.
  • Options
    chrls63chrls63 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I don't understand is why they don't either either expand the capabilities of the log-in server, or maybe have a second server. The lag never used to bother me...now however it's getting bad, especially on weekends.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic's official line on the server outage?

*the sound of crickets chirping*
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xD I love mantances... Maybe
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone else getting that feeling of deja vu? or maybe deja moo the feeling you heard this bull before?
  • Options
    lmdklingonlmdklingon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aww well least i can kill time with bad jokes from you lot and Deep space 9 on dvd ive recently rewatched up to season 7 .. im on episode 2 of season 7 now. sigh.. there needs to be another series for tv based on the new films that would be interesting..
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lagunad wrote: »
    Apples and oranges.

Bioware is a professional game producer.

What do you mean ??? That Cryptic is a bunch of amateurs, wanabees ??? I believe that they, personel, are hired to do their jobs professionaly, or not ?
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hosmerica wrote: »
    C'mon, devs...there are fireworks waiting at Nimbus III...I can make it rain energy credits for the right show. :P

Sweetheart, you had me at hello

-Terms & Conditions apply-
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warlordch wrote: »
    Quit yer whinging and be patient or do something else.

To whine about whine is fine
    To whine about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whiners
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiners did a little whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to play for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no comments on twitter about the outage except from followers. made now over an hour ago
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    What do you mean ??? That Cryptic is a bunch of amateurs, wanabees ??? I believe that they, personel, are hired to do their jobs professionaly, or not ?

"Not" would be the answer.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the hell does this game not have a simple timer to let you know when the server will go down.

How hard is it really? :(

IDK - I've been supporting servers for 25+ years, and I don't know of ANY software that can countdown to an unexpected server crash (IE I don't think they took the server down, it crashed.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe it was said that they are not run on the same server(s), but that they share networking equipment.

Probably some code that all of PWE's games share. Write once, crash everywhere.
  • Options
    archer8472archer8472 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Do the words "Beyond a joke" or "Incompetence" mean anything to the folks at Pakled World?

Cryptic: We look for things that make us GO :o
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I dunno if anyone reposted this but here you go...

Cryptic QA Hologram ‏@CrypticEQAH 11m

Holodeck's gonna have a short emergency downtime here. In the meantime, why not come over to Tribble and get a #hortafordoff ?

https://twitter.com/CrypticEQAH

REPOST
    /10char
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What the deuce? Still down?

:mad:
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can bake them a blackberry cobbler if you think it will help. :P
    lagunad wrote: »
    Apples and oranges.

Bioware is a professional game producer.

This same Tech also has a couple other contracts, London Drugs being one of them. They have the Blackberry setup for their Server Catalog...LoL:P
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jahmus wrote: »
    okay...that just made my day
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    bob2531bob2531 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    like to know if I should bother to try to play tonight as no eta is given on resumption of play
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this games is owned by perfect world now so wouldnt it be perfect world devs working on the problem????
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm.. Holodeck is down.. need something to do..

Er.. What did the Gorn say to the Creeper from Minecraft?
  • Options
    otm5000otm5000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everytime I think about buying a lifetime subscription something like this happens.
    <
    Puts credit card back in wallet.
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kenshi6767 wrote: »
    Ahh, Ohio. The center of the Internet.

There are trunks that run through Columbus. I digress though. Could be a power outage. That storm did cause some damage. 60 mph wind gusts and felling trees.

I was in the out part (thankfully) but it was brutal.
  • Options
    shad0wfxshad0wfx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no please feel free, perhaps if we all chant it maybe the server guys will wake up, although I'm sure they are doing their best.
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YES...and OF COARSE they are going to PASS THE BUCK and try to say it's OUR fault, it's your system, it's your files, it's YOU not doing some thing right> QUIT PASSING THE FRIGGIN BUCK AND FIX THE FRIGGIN PROBLEMS....YOU HAVER THE CASH, GET IT DONE CRYPTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

your wiring is erattic!! try your own whine and cheese before you comment. you might find out its nothing but bitter grapes.
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    What do you mean ??? That Cryptic is a bunch of amateurs, wanabees ???

If the shoe fits...
This discussion has been closed.