yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and now stuck at
    'connecting to login server'
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    duntyrduntyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got to watch it happen in game. One by one different systems stopped working then I was all alone on DS9, except for a couple of pets left standing around waiting for their masters. It was pathetic.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So how long this time ?

I'm thinking about an hour for them to respond officially, another hour of "We're investigating the problem", then two hours emergency maintenance.

Sound about right?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm starting to think that they take a crazed monkey and give him a staple gun and a roll of duct tape and just let it go nuts on the servers.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    etherbunny66xetherbunny66x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the hell does this game not have a simple timer to let you know when the server will go down.

How hard is it really? :(
  • Options
    cranmerepsiloncranmerepsilon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ukomega wrote: »
    "We're sorry tom40s. The Concierge is in another Server"

Anybody else now finding this 'Tedious' ?
    site goes down for patch at 3.00pm tues, just as I log on.
    Site goes down for patch 3 p.m. Thurs, ditto.
    Site crashes at 2.00 a.m. friday.
    Since the upgrade, there equipment just cant handle it.
    More than half shutdowns are no notice jobs.
    Presently I wouldnt want my c.v. to include this bunch, as they are now ranking
    'Strictly Amature' . .
  • Options
    mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mcluvin2 wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/ now says that the server is down.. hopefully that means they're aware and working on it

This is how they fixed the server stability issue. now no one is playing, no issues lol :D :eek: :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sapyroth wrote:
    Are any of you by any chance not subs or lifers? Cause I ain't and I got the same issue.. Just wandering if they are bouncing us for that reason alone to make room for the "VIP" lol...

I'm a lifer and having this issue, so it's not that.

Was beaming to my ship from DS9, and my character model disappeared but left me still on the station and able to run around.

Thought logging out and back in would solve it. Joke was on me now that I can't even get past the Retrieving Character List message.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hell, forum is lagging too. get ready for it to crash too!

Do we need to fund a Kickstarter for this company to get a decent server? What the hell are they doing with all the money they get from us?
  • Options
    nivek224nivek224 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But this is getting to be Ridiculous!! Come On Guys!! Get the stuff working!!! AHHHH!

yep there it goes again. Was powering through levels with my Romulan and boom goes the dynamite
  • Options
    nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep... one should almost plan some family time after the weekly patches lately, it seems.
    I am beginning to wonder about the quality of equipment being used...LOL

Several TRS-80s in series. 8" floppies hold the entire game. ;)
  • Options
    sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have been timed out as well
  • Options
    horkathanehorkathane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Guy Who Uploaded The Video Said This:

"i Used A Program Called Vreveal Which Can Convert Sd Video Into Hd With A Variety Of Enhancements. Then I Ran The Output From Vreveal Through The Virtualdub Filters Auto Levels->warp Resize->msu Smart Sharpen->2:1 Reduction High Quality. The Source I Used Was Just A Mediocre Quality Internet Clip (the Same Clip That I Originally Posted And That This Was A "video Response" To) So It Would Have Come Out Even Better Working Directly From The Dvds."

Nice!..........................................................................................................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Legendary Horka Thane
    1999 Tribes 1
    Infamous TurreNt Camp ( if you dont know you are not Legendary )
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why is he in the netherlands

Duno but hes gone to NL then hes going to UK in London and then i think Scotland. Work related i think like PWE officers in Europe or something.

Least thats what hes been up to when reading his twitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No update? No official word on Status? Come on Guys! Twitter trekonlinegame no update last 2 hours???
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at last the server ball turned red, think that woulda happened sooner.
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this whining. Would you guys like some cheese?

Seriously though, this kind of instability is to be expected with a major release like LoR. When Blizzard launched Burning Crusade the servers were dodgy for months. So don't pretend that this is somehow outside the norm for major MMO releases. As many different machines as interact on an average MMO it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to predict how they will react to each other.

So go read a book, write your senator reminding them that the 4th Amendment isn't just a good idea, kiss your girl/boy friend, grab a bite to eat, visit the head, go to a movie, or any of a million other things that you can do besides whinge about STO being down. Is it frustrating? Hell yes, I'm only a few hundred marks from my OMEGA torp launcher. Is there anything you can do from in front of you computer to help? Not really.

I am ****ing sick and tired of people who want us to give these incompetent *******s who call themselves a design team a god dam brake just cause they're tired of seeing the rest of us "whine" about the BS that should have been fixed over a month ago. The reason I say these people are incompetent is because they don't learn from their collective mistakes. Hell put a mouse in a maze with a piece of cheese in the middle and I guarantee that mouse will learn from its mistakes and find the cheese faster than the entire Dev Team for Cryptic put together.
  • Options
    etherbunny66xetherbunny66x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now I have no idea if the mission iv been working on for the past hour will reset or not .. :(
    I put in so much work danm it
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The software engineers they hired from the local high school need more edumucation.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Initially stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" ...
    then received "Login failed for unknown reason".

[Wasn't there a patch note saying there should be
    no more "unknown reason" messages?]

Attempted to shut down and restart the launcher.
    Stuck at "Connecting to the login server..."
    followed by "Connection to the login server timed out".

This is NOT what I call progress. *sigh*
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    don't you think maybe you would change the wording on that message from ' login failed for unknown reasons' to "unknown login failure" or something just so people would say " hey its worded differently maybe its a new problem and not the exact same one"
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    F-U-C-K YOU CRYPTIC! Bunch of wankers! :mad:

Ahhh I feel much better now.

C-U-N-T-S!!! :mad:

Pfew glad I got that out...

Pweez don't ban you B-I-T-C-H-E-S!:(
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or Maybe the engineers can unplug the server for 30 seconds and then plug it back in:D
  • Options
    caulkliquorcaulkliquor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in the UK and branflakes is visiting the Netherlands, Amsterdam. His current timezone is gmt +1 which is one hour more than mine in the UK. So his time is 3:30 currently. He is not in the USA u know. ;)

caulkliquor and cptskeeteruk at El-Adrel
  • Options
    orvidororvidor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The same thing is happening to everyone else .. Their serevers must have crashed again ..
  • Options
    borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it says the server is down. what is going on????

One would assume the servers being down is "whats going on".
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... I log off for 2 hours and.... someone breaks the game. :(

Ahhh this is starting to feel like a re-run.
  • Options
    sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    Did the engineers try turning the server off and then on?

Hold the power button down for a few seconds, reboot it..gank the F8 button and get safety mode up and running...wipe the STO female reman pics off their Hard drive and restart...i'm pretty sure that'll do the trick!

~Sereneia
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • Options
    thedarkone198thedarkone198 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same thing happened to me and before that,I was playing my Klingon and got stuck at a loading screen with the "server not responding" message. I eventually got sick of waiting after over 2000 seconds had passed,so I did a task switch so I can access the task bar icon and did a right click>close. Now I come here to see the server down. I guess I have to find something else to do tonight :(
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Excuse, hell i posted a ticket before checking here ( I know, stupid right? ) and they got right back to me by e-mail with the usual TRIBBLE about it being a known issue and having to co ordinate departments to fix it.... however it was nice of em to unilaterally change my ticket status to "solved". If it's solved then why the hell am I still here on the forums and not playing the game :mad:

Lol swept under the rug eh.... beware they wont admit they have a problem so it is fixed... you are having the problem not them!!!!
This discussion has been closed.