What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 31, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    sheridantovisheridantovi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really tired of you ****ing whiners, why don't you get off you TRIBBLE and apply to do the fixes then you lazy ingrates oh but wait that would mean yo have to WORK, all you people yelling this sucks fix this **** and so on, do any of you have a clue of how things really work any clue of HOW MUCH CODE needs debugging that take time so shut the hell up and think maybe it could be YOUR computer that sucks **** and YOUR internet connection that causes lag. IN closing to use the words of William Shatner "GET A ****ING LIFE!" it is the same group of TRIBBLE whining about the same thing but i fear i am wasting my breath cause trolls will be trolls.

And to the people fixing this issues to witch i have not really seen cause i have a good computer and some of the best connection speeds in the world keep up the good work
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps I should have said running well for me then. I am sorry but I hardly ever see a disconnect, maybe once a day. That also goes for my fleet mates, we do three hours of events every evening and I am yet to see one of them kicked or DCed since LoR began.

Perhaps it is different in different countries, perhaps people are getting DCed depending on their own hardware. One thing we know is a reboot of your router/modem clears up a lot of DC/connection issues.

There certainly are a lot of bugs, I have contributed at least 10 to the consolidated bug list so far, but I am confident these will be addressed, however as previously stated it takes time.

Cheers
    Matt

* Rant off * Sorry about the tone of my last post Matt :o

I'm in the UK as well and have contributed to the bug list,but my patience is being sorely tested at the moment.I'm all for server stabilty but the lack of fixes for this update is just unacceptable in todays MMO climate,not to mention the complete lack of info that is currently not coming from these games developers.

Brans cut and paste comments are just insulting,how do they think we are going to voice our disappointment at the state of the game after this large update?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really tired of you ****ing whiners, why don't you get off you TRIBBLE and apply to do the fixes then you lazy ingrates oh but wait that would mean yo have to WORK, all you people yelling this sucks fix this **** and so on, do any of you have a clue of how things really work any clue of HOW MUCH CODE needs debugging that take time so shut the hell up and think maybe it could be YOUR computer that sucks **** and YOUR internet connection that causes lag. IN closing to use the words of William Shatner "GET A ****ING LIFE!" it is the same group of TRIBBLE whining about the same thing but i fear i am wasting my breath cause trolls will be trolls.

And to the people fixing this issues to witch i have not really seen cause i have a good computer and some of the best connection speeds in the world keep up the good work

your post made me laugh :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    your welcome, I have found that all the ******** takes place when they ANNOUNCE they down the downtime and not during the down time so that means you all read the forums all day everyday and troll so when do you all play STO then? not during the down time for sure and if your ******** about bugs and the down time when the game is up how do you all know that game if full of bugs and ****? please answer me this.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in middle Europe, and this downtime happens in the midle of the afternoon.

While I'm unemployed I am not at work/coming home from work at this point, I find this is a good time for a film, an afternoon nap or some reading.

However Asian players are getting the bad end of the maintance, since it hits their evening play time when most people are surely home from work/school.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    krenzikkrenzik Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How long has your husband been a dev for sto?
  • Options
    azure1986azure1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    people are moaning as you put it because the repeated downtime and the problem still happens or don't you understand that ? , also the devs saying nothing also bother's people who pay for subs . understand now or am I not speaking good enough English ?

oh I do understand that, but moan it will not change anything, I for one use the downtimes, like watching a film, reading a book and the such, also compared to some games I know of WoW for one, this lot of Devs seem to be doing stuff to make the game stable, I know as a programmer, that is is a lot of trail and error to make things work as they should, and to me making the game stable is more important than that of the bugs currently, once the game is stable you can be sure that they will fix the bugs, there is a priority to this sort of thing.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny. All this maintenance is literally causing people to lose their minds, either berating Cryptic for the short daily downtime or defending them for trying to fix things. :P
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No I'm sorry, I may not be one of the main whiners, but you gotta understand people react different, you apparently react by kneeling down in front of the dev team and all of cryptic and doing your best seal impression.

These people have a right to be annoyed, if your mobile phone service has this kind of downtime you'd be demanding your money for an entire month.

And if i'm honest, i'm starting to find the whole thing tiresome myself.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2013
    uhmm.... how to put this.... again no patch note's but "server stability improvements"and another day in the row with downtime?

sorry to say, but people loose there patience,and like to see repairs of the B-U-G-S.

but good luck,dont break anymore plz

If "server stability" means I can actually join a mirror universe event without watching 20 other people warp in and out, or watching myself warp out or get a map error, then I'll be happy.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If "server stability" means I can actually join a mirror universe event without watching 20 other people warp in and out, or watching myself warp out or get a map error, then I'll be happy.

That is not what "server stability" means...sorry.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try throwing water on it.

Maybe that'll work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No I'm sorry, I may not be one of the main whiners, but you gotta understand people react different, you apparently react by kneeling down in front of the dev team and all of cryptic and doing your best seal impression.

These people have a right to be annoyed, if your mobile phone service has this kind of downtime you'd be demanding your money for an entire month.

If the mobile phone service had that downtime, I would be the happiest person on that day.

Mobile phones may be good for an emergency or a work related call, but otherwise they are annoying since 95% of calls is trivial social nonsense that just bothers you.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    azure1986 wrote: »
    oh I do understand that, but moan it will not change anything, I for one use the downtimes, like watching a film, reading a book and the such, also compared to some games I know of WoW for one, this lot of Devs seem to be doing stuff to make the game stable, I know as a programmer, that is is a lot of trail and error to make things work as they should, and to me making the game stable is more important than that of the bugs currently, once the game is stable you can be sure that they will fix the bugs, there is a priority to this sort of thing.

Ummm I am male and neither me or my wife are a dev of any kind at this time, but are familir with the job, you see i have been in tech support for major software and debugging for them took time and we are talking smaller programs than an online MMO, though with all that i have said a little more out of the devs would be nice, but then them taking time to tell us what they are doing with words that may confuse some of us takes time out of doing the work to find and fix issue, it is one thing to know of a bug it is another to FIND it is trillions of lines of code then hope that fix dose not break something else code is like DNA change one thing and you cause got form monkey to say snake.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the mail going to be fixed? 80% of my messages are from the exchange and I can't delete them. :mad:
  • Options
    dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm Disappointed. I think that in general, the servers are relatively stable (aside from a few extreme cases).

If your going to take the servers down, at least attempt to fix some of the problem bugs like the mail and MUI/SB24/minefield disconnect issues. :confused:
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ummm I am male and neither me or my wife are a dev of any kind at this time, but are familir with the job, you see i have been in tech support for major software and debugging for them took time and we are talking smaller programs than an online MMO, though with all that i have said a little more out of the devs would be nice, but then them taking time to tell us what they are doing with words that may confuse some of us takes time out of doing the work to find and fix issue, it is one thing to know of a bug it is another to FIND it is trillions of lines of code then hope that fix dose not break something else code is like DNA change one thing and you cause got form monkey to say snake.

I think your biology is a bit bugged. But yeah, I know coding is hard business. Still the 5 seconds pve kickout bug is a serious one that needs the fix badly.
  • Options
    tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please go away. You're not helping.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I never said i was not annoyed, been a player of STO since it launched in 2010 maybe not right at launch but still very early, I am but i understand what gets me is the same **** being said by the same ppl, I at least understand, but humans need to whine ***** and complain about something.
  • Options
    azure1986azure1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Aye I do agree with you, sorry if what I said didnt make that clear like I thought it did :)
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the amusement. Both your content, grammar AND spelling gave me great cause to laugh.

Fixing the code may be hard but it's their job. It's what they're supposed to do because they were selected out of many applicants owing to their skill and programming prowess.

I find plumbing to be hard so if I needed the pipes in my house fixed I'd call a plumber and I wouldn't accept him needing to come over day after day after day to fix a problem.

When a service provider consistently fails to do their job you fire them and get someone else. The player base is in the unfortunate position of not being able to get someone else for our Star Trek Offline fix. As such we're well within our rights to complain. I'm a paying customer, after all, and I want satisfaction for my hard earned money.
  • Options
    patcrowpatcrow Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now if you can tell them to fix the foundry and put User Content back in the game, we'll call it even.
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wow. Whiners. Look at yourself mate. Responding to what, in your mind, aren't constructive criticism and then start the name calling are just as much a whiner than everybody else.
    This is not us that need to perform the duties of the development team. It's the Dev's. No matter how much work, (and I DO know what kinda work it is) this is horrible support. I have paid real life money in expectations to get support and development to the game. Sure, I now got LoR. But that is kinda useless to me as the bugs are destroying my game play.

There have been no patches to compensate some of these massive bug issues. All we get are ''Server stability''. But what good does that to any of us when the bugs does more damage to their image than a little lag on the servers.

All in all they should simply use a little more time responding to communities criticism of their duties. If they can provide us with a satisfying answer, I would be the first to shut up as you so gracefully put it.

That is all it takes, but something they do not do.
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whining about the "whiners"
    I going to go out on a limb and guess that sheridan is an yank, given the American pre-disposition to having irony deficency
  • Options
    lsloan31lsloan31 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the amusement. Both your content, grammar AND spelling gave me great cause to laugh.

Fixing the code may be hard but it's their job. It's what they're supposed to do because they were selected out of many applicants owing to their skill and programming prowess.

I find plumbing to be hard so if I needed the pipes in my house fixed I'd call a plumber and I wouldn't accept him needing to come over day after day after day to fix a problem.

When a service provider consistently fails to do their job you fire them and get someone else. The player base is in the unfortunate position of not being able to get someone else for our Star Trek Offline fix. As such we're well within our rights to complain. I'm a paying customer, after all, and I want satisfaction for my hard earned money.

This. Who cares about giving the devs sympathy, they're paid to do a job and they're doing a bad one at that. We all expected bugs but there are clearly some fundamental flaws is daily maintenance is needed. Should have done a proper job with the coding in the first place so we had small niggles instead of ridiculously widespread and severe bugs/server issues.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is customer service?
    Downtime AGAIN during Europe primetime, like ALWAYS
  • Options
    thelordkruxthelordkrux Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you trekkies whine way to much, peace and chillax, its a FTP game, What did you expect?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long live the Tal Shiar, Long Live Sela!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    azure1986 wrote: »
    Aye I do agree with you, sorry if what I said didnt make that clear like I thought it did :)

Thanks, I just hope some people after my rant at least have a better understanding of why it ay take a while from my point of view, some of the issues that i had when the game was new in 2010 are no longer in game witch is good cause some of them made my not play form months and back then it meant the game losses money because it was pay to play, now it is FREE TO PLAY and yes I am a lifer now but that was before it went free now i just enjoy the extra **** i get that others don't like my FED Chimera ship i love it you only get it as a lifer or paying a monthly sub for a 1000 days so cause of things like that that they game dev's don't have to do, so i quietly put up with the few hours i cant play, it is called being adult, i have better things to do with my time then whine on here about down time. Now I will fade back in the background.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dantivirus wrote: »
    I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.

:D lol - this made my day :D
    server_hamster6.png
This discussion has been closed.