Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 31, 2013) [Complete!]

123457»

Comments

• Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And again, upgrade for stability of a permanent bugged game !

Dont worry, we still keep the game bugged as we could. Every day you could appreciate how we work.
    We hope you have spend a good 10 days until the famous : 21may 2013 !

We still trying to give you our best.
    Come tomorow for the next coming patch !

And dont listen the trolls, they just want a game who works, we, we want a constant patching game for a permanent maintenance.
    You got lifte-time account ? you are lucky :) You dont ? Trick : go buy it between 2 maintenance, you never regret that !
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Assuming they were wont to reinvest so much as a penny of that on improving their product and service.

well whats the point of spending $199 on a life time sub if their not going to do the work we are paying them to do??
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mine like that on and off :(

this is happening to me too on some of my toons so i think theres some sort of issue with it. branflakes, can u relay this department head issue to the people who need to know about this?
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this game and hope it won't go to waste because of customers losing patience and quitting. Never before have I actually paid real money on any other online game except this one. I still hope to be playing here in 10 years time. So please give us some funds here PerfectWorld so that Cryptic actually has something to work with and give us decent service before it is too late! You make good money from this game so give something back!

I wholeheartedly concurr, this is the only online game that i can truly say i was compelled to spend real money on and will in future as long as they continue to bring out things and improve things in the way they have.
    PerfectWorld should surely see the love and passion poured into the game and a need to further stabilize certain elements of the company, particularly anything that is mandatorially needed in the electronics department, as cryptic are part of PerFectworld's bread n butter after all... ;)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't sh*t on BranFlakes for all these troubles. He's just the messenger. I think the problem is with PerfectWorld not prepared to invest more money into this game. It's all about greed. The guys at Cryptic probably don't have enough resources to make everything work smoothly and would probably love getting some cash to invest in better hardware too. They have to work their a** off because of lack of resources.

I love this game and hope it won't go to waste because of customers losing patience and quitting. Never before have I actually paid real money on any other online game except this one. I still hope to be playing here in 10 years time. So please give us some funds here PerfectWorld so that Cryptic actually has something to work with and give us decent service before it is too late! You make good money from this game so give something back!

I totally agree with this. PW isn't giving them the resources they need because they're using them to pay the execs or something.

Branflakes is just the messenger, stop shooting him, he can only tell you what they tell him.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well whats the point of spending $199 on a life time sub if their not going to do the work we are paying them to do??

Makes you wonder why they're repeatedly shoving Lifetime offers and Legacy Pack 'last chance' sales at us, no?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Naw, they still don't hold a candle to EA :D

EA has customer service???

But seriously, I got a gold membership to reward them for the cool LoR expansion (even though I haven't rolled a romulan yet)... But it looks like that will be a one month deal, all of this garbage is pretty embarrassing...
  • Options
    viathingdviathingd Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope tehy get the mail bug fix soon i hate not being able to delete all of the mail i have plus a number of exchange items i had for sale that expired that were supposed to be sent to me never were so i losted them all :( I have to admint i am loving the romulan stuff you all did good there give you major props for that wish though that more story arcs that have been left open on the fed side were adddressed to with a few more missions and same wih klingons there are a number of fed story arcs that really do need closure or advancement so I do hope that more stories are on the way soon i don't like grinding missions much more of a story man myself luckily foundry has a lot
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Stability maintenance IS doing something at least. I've had better connectivity this past week, but compared to year-round server performance, it's not an improvement.

<shrug>
    I haven't had any connectivity/lag/stability issues at all since last Thursday (a week ago) but everyday a new patch.

I saw the login que once for about 5 seconds tho.
    :cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why they're repeatedly shoving Lifetime offers and Legacy Pack 'last chance' sales at us, no?

yeah i hear that brother i love the game but the down time, bugs, sever faults are getting everyone down
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EA has customer service???

But seriously, I got a gold membership to reward them for the cool LoR expansion (even though I haven't rolled a romulan yet)... But it looks like that will be a one month deal, all of this garbage is pretty embarrassing...

Eh - as frustrating as it is - this is fairly typical from my experiences in MMORPGs. Heck some are even worse - I remember when WoW came out with their first expansion it was numerous "emergency maintenance" and reboots every day for about a month (at least we're getting some head's up about it - over there is was just a "Coming down in 5 minutes" notice), and that was after taking down each realm for 3 days of maintenance to "get them ready" for the expansion. And that was for a game where you had to not only pay for the subscription, but also the software and the expansion....

This too shall pass... Maybe not as quickly as we would like, but it will...
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    It's funny. All this maintenance is literally causing people to lose their minds, either berating Cryptic for the short daily downtime or defending them for trying to fix things. :P

Yin vs Yang
  • Options
    kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the into the hive the unimatrix lance weapons where being fired in rapid succession
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there is anything that can be said to be true in any Engineering field, it's a simple law...

"The larger the scope and number of changes to a system, the longer the list of faults and probability of errors in calculation that will enter into the resulting system and the greater the task of correcting them once actual implementation of the changes shows what was missed."

Or, to quote a certain well-known Engineer...

"The mur they o'erthink th' plumbin', th' easier it is t' stop up th' drain."

Given that they basically overhauled half the game with LoR, it's not surprising they are finding tons more things to fix than with past updates, and their servers are having problems dealing with a three-way faction split after being designed for only two.

Look at it this way. Most game companies would have simply let the instabilities and broken code go until the next scheduled maintenance period, with players possibly losing all progress between the fixes due to database resets, or wait a couple of days to see if people just wouldn't notice. Instead, the Devs are trying to immediately crush the problems as they come up.

Lastly, if quite a few of the server issues are things that would allow game exploiting bugs in the economy system, the Devs wouldn't exactly be doing anyone any favors telling people about them until after the fixes are done.

I'm not saying alot of this should not have been caught on the test server if it had been set up properly, but that the shear scale of change to the game with LoR practically ensured we'd have at least 1-2 weeks of undependable gametime while the changes were put into actual service.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm also one of the people who hasn't had much difficulty playing the game. I've experienced some lags, and getting kicked from PvEs and I had to find a workaround (thank you whoever posted to hit randomize) so I could customize my Commander's starship without paying 750z when it was supposed to be free.

I'm still learning as I go, and when I can't figure something out for myself, Google is my best friend (so to speak).

Really, complaining about this or that won't make things go any faster and doesn't do anyone any good.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    supremeheretic36supremeheretic36 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Branflakes, kudos for doing the best you can to temper everyone's rage.

Personally, maintenance downtime doesn't bug me simply because every major content launch almost on this game since I started playing the first week of season 1, has had crazy issues and lots of "maintenance".

So "server maintenance" is a way of life to folks who've been around since the olden days. We just shrug it off until the server is up, and are used to not hearing anything about it. Lol
    Lifetime subber and former STO player from when it didn't suck.

Fed: Astarsha, level 60 tactical officer

KDF: K'tana level 54 tactical officer
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best $124.99 I never spent and it hurts to say that :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ^^Posts 198&199

Totally agree. I spend the downtime in the announcement thread to see who comes in and repeat-complains.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    egaloisegalois Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play this game now since two weeks and i love it. But! I never saw so much bugs, lags and server downs in other games bevor. Fix it! There are always possibilities - Spock.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! We were able to complete maintenance ahead of schedule. STO is back up! Thanks for your support, and we'll see you in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.