test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 31, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really tired of you ****ing whiners, why don't you get off you TRIBBLE and apply to do the fixes then you lazy ingrates oh but wait that would mean yo have to WORK, all you people yelling this sucks fix this **** and so on, do any of you have a clue of how things really work any clue of HOW MUCH CODE needs debugging that take time so shut the hell up and think maybe it could be YOUR computer that sucks **** and YOUR internet connection that causes lag. IN closing to use the words of William Shatner "GET A ****ING LIFE!" it is the same group of TRIBBLE whining about the same thing but i fear i am wasting my breath cause trolls will be trolls.

And to the people fixing this issues to witch i have not really seen cause i have a good computer and some of the best connection speeds in the world keep up the good work
    I think you trekkies whine way to much, peace and chillax, its a FTP game, What did you expect?

It can be played f2p but it is also still a subscription service, as such those that pay have a right, to demand service or their money back.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please just once have the maint Later or earlier
    just for a change
    Live long and Prosper
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server maintenance. . Pfft, When are the Patch ups for bugs going to come in?
  • viperttvipertt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes me too! I really wish they would fix this!
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey completely unrelated question - any Gold members seeing the monthly charges going up? Mine started, as stated, at 14.95, but the last 2 months it has been going up slightly - this month was like $15.70
  • mango6645mango6645 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Command we have problems...."

"We are aware of the problems, we will advise..."

"Advise??? Command, mail is not functioning, PVE events not functioning, there are crashes, we have tray issues, we still have the same bugs from before the new content... command what do you mean you will advise?..."

"We are aware of the problems, we will advise..."

"Command, please clarify..."

"Static....."

"Command?"

"Static..."
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey **** YOU, I am Canadian don't call me a ****ing YANK again!

Oh, you little yank, trying so hard to be something else.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clannmac wrote: »
    "This downtime will allow us to prepare for tomorrow's "scheduled" maintenance downtime to prepare for the downtime on Sunday, which will be to further increase server stability..."

With so much being put into "server stability" the thing should be ROCK solid by now, shouldn't it?

This is incredible.

Rock Solid does not mean 'invulernable to wear and tear' and if you think about how many players you see in any sector at any given moment or at any one location at any given time...than one can assume we put a quite a load on even the best server architecture.

That said, this seems like they found something that was wrong in their work yesterday or something gave out and they need to replace it.

If Branflakes could provide us all a little more info on why they need a 90 minute maintenance after yesterdays...I think that would silence a fair portion of the whiners.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    It's funny. All this maintenance is literally causing people to lose their minds, either berating Cryptic for the short daily downtime or defending them for trying to fix things. :P

i dont wade into that TRIBBLE, it really doesnt matter one way or the other and people should just let it be. besides, there is a bug fix patch coming, and one of these features could be a more permanent server stability fix.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope you fix the mail as i still cant delete anything from there and i cant finish the tour the galaxy mission for the second time in a row i have to drop the mission at earth space dock and then talk to yim again to restart.
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • ceanlron1ceanlron1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give up..dailiy downtime and usually falls in the times I am actually able to play...all Cryptic games are this way..Neverwinter is a nightmare right now..they take those servers down sometimes 2xs a day..you would think by now they would have a better plan of attack but basicly they are just spinning tires..me I will be back to the Cryptic games when they actually work again..they better hurry tho Rift Goes F2P june 12 and Elder scrolls is on the horizon..lots of completion on its way...
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having the problem that changing scenario, i mean, in sector space entering a system, or sytem to planet, or vice-versa, while loading when reach 36% happens the red "server not responding" and then goes to the login? like 70% the times i pass through that loading part

this was yesterday evening, not before
  • borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    11 days of maintenance, 11 days since LOR release... to me, LOR stands for long on repair. Shoddy, simply shoddy Cryptic, plain & simple.
  • drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, May 31st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. We expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

There are no patch notes for this maintenance other than "Server stability updates."

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

And lemme guess, theres going to be the same 132 MB patch afterwards, none of the bugs will be fixed, none of rampant glitches and errors and TRIBBLE-ups dealt with, and... the servers will not be any more stable than they were before.

I think this downtime is just a force-log so that when the servers come back up there will be less people playing and it will *appear* like they did something.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is a bug fix patch coming, and one of these features could be a more permanent server stability fix.

you cannot be talking about STO then :P:D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't sh*t on BranFlakes for all these troubles. He's just the messenger. I think the problem is with PerfectWorld not prepared to invest more money into this game. It's all about greed. The guys at Cryptic probably don't have enough resources to make everything work smoothly and would probably love getting some cash to invest in better hardware too. They have to work their a** off because of lack of resources.

I love this game and hope it won't go to waste because of customers losing patience and quitting. Never before have I actually paid real money on any other online game except this one. I still hope to be playing here in 10 years time. So please give us some funds here PerfectWorld so that Cryptic actually has something to work with and give us decent service before it is too late! You make good money from this game so give something back!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • electrobrownieelectrobrownie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is rediculous. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE award goes to not so Perfect World. I WANT CRYPTIC BACK. These guys never say what they are doing, the server has been down multiple times daily, there is crazy huge lag spikes and still cannot log in sometimes. And with all of this they are not even working on known bugs. Thank god this is free now because I would have quit (again). It's bad enough when these guys took over that many accounts were lost (including my main) and not so much as a reply as to what happened to it to begin with. All I get from them is a pre-scripted message saying to reset my damn password. THE PASSWORD IS FINE IT'S THE ACCOUNT ITSELF THAT IS NO LONGER THERE! Now I have a "new" account and all the premium items I once had like the digital deluxe special items and the c-store stuff I had bought are all gone.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't sh*t on BranFlakes for all these troubles. He's just the messenger. I think the problem is with PerfectWorld not prepared to invest more money into this game. It's all about greed. The guys at Cryptic probably don't have enough resources to make everything work smoothly and would probably love getting some cash to invest in better hardware too. They have to work their a** off because of lack of resources.

I love this game and hope it won't go to waste because of customers losing patience and quitting. Never before have I actually paid real money on any other online game except this one. I still hope to be playing here in 10 years time. So please give us some funds here PerfectWorld so that Cryptic actually has something to work with and give us decent service before it is too late! You make good money from this game so give something back!

if i started having a go at pwe it will only make troubles worse, i used to do it all the time and picked up infractions all the time. the only one who can do something between the community and the taskmasters is branflakes. who else can we complain to if there is a problem? telling PWE directly wont help.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited May 2013

not being funny but the amount of money people spend on the i.e key, ship, outfits ect ect they should have more than enough to fix the bugs and severs
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • bramble23bramble23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't knowifitsme or anyone else has been having it but my boffs are bugged ie the dept heads on the duty officer tab only shows 1 in the dept i.e science engineering tactical also the list on the side in character status is bugged aswell i.e showin my boffs in different colours
    edited May 2013
    bramble23 wrote: »
    don't knowifitsme or anyone else has been having it but my boffs are bugged ie the dept heads on the duty officer tab only shows 1 in the dept i.e science engineering tactical also the list on the side in character status is bugged aswell i.e showin my boffs in different colours

mine like that on and off :(
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well...time to get some work one in the one and a half hours that I can't play STO.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not being funny but the amount of money people spend on the i.e key, ship, outfits ect ect they should have more than enough to fix the bugs and severs

Assuming they were wont to reinvest so much as a penny of that on improving their product and service.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viathingdviathingd Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bet they know what the problem is and just dont have the money to fix or replace the harrdware and are just patching i together i could be wrong though they could be adding a load balancing server or replacing a bad raid drive
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is rediculous. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE award goes to not so Perfect World.

Naw, they still don't hold a candle to EA :D
  • celticursecelticurse Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found a work around for deleting the mail, though it does require having either champions online or beta testing neverwinter, just go to one of those two games and delete your mail (but obviously you want to be able to delete stuff that comes with items and such, but still better then nothing right?)
  • pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And again, upgrade for stability of a permanent bugged game !

Dont worry, we still keep the game bugged as we could. Every day you could appreciate how we work.
    We hope you have spend a good 10 days until the famous : 21may 2013 !

We still trying to give you our best.
    Come tomorow for the next coming patch !

And dont listen the trolls, they just want a game who works, we, we want a constant patching game for a permanent maintenance.
    You got lifte-time account ? you are lucky :) You dont ? Trick : go buy it between 2 maintenance, you never regret that !
    NO to ARC
    edited May 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Assuming they were wont to reinvest so much as a penny of that on improving their product and service.

well whats the point of spending $199 on a life time sub if their not going to do the work we are paying them to do??
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mine like that on and off :(

this is happening to me too on some of my toons so i think theres some sort of issue with it. branflakes, can u relay this department head issue to the people who need to know about this?
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I wholeheartedly concurr, this is the only online game that i can truly say i was compelled to spend real money on and will in future as long as they continue to bring out things and improve things in the way they have.
    PerfectWorld should surely see the love and passion poured into the game and a need to further stabilize certain elements of the company, particularly anything that is mandatorially needed in the electronics department, as cryptic are part of PerFectworld's bread n butter after all... ;)
This discussion has been closed.