Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 31, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    The day there isn't "server stability" maintenances is the day you start worrying something is really wrong.

I was thinking more a crate of beer and wondering what button did what as i flew my assault cruiser :D
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we can get a dev to come in and list the bugs they know about and are fixing?

Would probably settle quite a few....

The stf's and events are borked, and the queue's themselves are not working properly.

Pve missions across the board are being affected by the uber npc problem, and the list goes on..

Lets hope this can get sorted soon, as haemorrhaging players isn't good for the long run.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dramaus wrote: »
    Of course, there will still be those who expect perfection for nothing.

For nothing?! Occasional dry-spells notwithstanding, I easily spend several hundreds of dollars on STO in a good month. And for that kind of money, I don't expect 'perfection' at all: just people who test their new stuff first before bringing it online, and actually fix the mail, 3 weeks after they have been informed of the issue. Instead we get the vague 'stability issues' daily-downtime finger from PWE.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    naval10naval10 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another one!?!? what is going on? Now everyday we have a "maintenance"
  • Options
    captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Any chance we can get a dev to come in and list the bugs they know about and are fixing?

Lets hope this can get sorted soon, as haemorrhaging players isn't good for the long run.

no it wont settle a lot of players
    i can understand unexpected stuff happening but there is a repeated pattern here with them and patches
    every content patch they have this same problem, as i have said before the anniversary events first week was just like this too
    it happens over and over

they need to prevent this stuff... largest patch ever and only in open beta for 1 week.....

this is
    Star Trek Vista
    darn the bugs and full speed to market Mr Gates

i really like this game, but they have to increase quality control
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • Options
    mnemonicmachinemnemonicmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Nope, at least not right now.

This is what I figure. Cryptic just launched NVW. And as has been said in this thread, Cryptic is a small company. i.e. not a huge dev staff. It seems as though STO is low priority for Cryptic right now. STO has an established, loyal playerbase. NVW does not. So right now the devs are working on making sure NVW is working they way they want it to before they get to STO. Or, at the very least, they don't have much resources devoted to it right now.

The attitude seems, in my opinion, to be: "STO players aren't going anywhere, where else can they get Star Trek? NVW is one amongst many fantasy MMORPG's, go fix that first."

NVW has had patches and bugfixes on 5/23, 5/24, 5/27, and 5/29. Now I don't play NVW, but I haven't seen any downtime notices on the forums over there. No "stability issues".

If there's a problem with my logic, feel free to let me know (as if you need my permission lol).
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Listing the bugs would take too much time, plus people that have been here for years would go "oh yeh i remember that bug from the beta days! Plus it would just show how buggy the game is, which isn't good for any company they like to get players in, get them to spend and then find the bugs for themselfs.

Also not all the bugs would be listed becuse soem would be forgotten about and others they just would not list for "security reason" or "abuse" i mean i mailed support about a bug a few weeks back where all my items was displaying the wrong values and by the time they had replied i had already fixed the problem with three year old information but, support said it was a new bug. Maybe i didnt explain it right? But you would of thought that "runabout bug" was a HUGE clue lol
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ........ ya know I have been trying to be positive about this.........
    but come on guys at least give us some info we have put alot of time and money into this game and while I understand about the bugs they happen please tell us when and if you are gonna fix them "server stability" tells us nothing we have all experianced bugs some of which are annoying like how you auto retarget fighter or heavy projectiles when you trigger a heal and then you blow up cause you are healing a damn heavy plasma torp.

While I love the expansion and the game you guys gotta keep us in the loop about these bug fixes please.
  • Options
    williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be interesting to see if never winter was offline the same time as STO

Neverwinter offline 2hrs for patches
    STO offline for stability

Reality sto offline so they can patch neverwinter whilst not fixing known sto bugs

Now as I don't know if neverwinter has been offline at the same time I'm just playing the guessing game...
  • Options
    sterlingwarbirdsterlingwarbird Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how the sever always goes down on either a mirror event or bonus marks. One would think we may be surpassing Cryptic's expectations too quickly. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    drysyndrysyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how the sever always goes down on either a mirror event or bonus marks. One would think we may be surpassing Cryptic's expectations too quickly. :rolleyes:

coming down again? seriously devs spend a week writing the code to create stability and fixes then deploy it once, ppl will respect you more than if you if you bring the servers down several days in a row to perform small amost meaningless patches
  • Options
    drysyndrysyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Stability maintenance IS doing something at least. I've had better connectivity this past week, but compared to year-round server performance, it's not an improvement.

better connectivity... lucky you i just DC all the time mainly in the middle of STFS or a long mission like colisium....
  • Options
    captsxcolcaptsxcol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok chaps - I think most of us understand that this work needs to be carried out - but all the dev guys and management must see how this looks to the customers. We're getting down time after down time with little in the way of communication about what's really going on and it's impacting big time on the EU players.

At least you need to throw us a bone - a nice bonus item for everyone who played since Legacy went live (thinking pick of a lock box ship)? Maybe a DXP event?
  • Options
    chushachusha Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being a subscriber to Star Trek Online since beta I would like to thank the Star Trek Online staff for a most wonderful time playing. Thank you for your hard work and dedication and despite trying times like these you all manage to work a miracle like Montgomery Scott.

So loyal players, lets hoist a mug of coffee (or other caffeinated brain cell stimulating beverage) and give three cheers for the Cryptic staff!
    Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
    ██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
    ██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
  • Options
    thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am beginning to think they issue a daily server reboot because they run out of resources.
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • Options
    pel2pel2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you PLEASE fix THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hrmmm everytime i come here looks like your doing "maintenance"
    oh well off to other games
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 real downtime again ... cryptic ur a bunch of incompetent jokers and u all should be on foodstamps instead .
  • Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, this is day, what?, 5 of "server stability" updates? I'm getting really POed at cryptic/pw for not being able to maintain their servers. I have barely any time so when I get the chance it's always down for maintenance. Can't you do the updates offline then take the server down for a few minutes to upload the new updates?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another downtime wtf ? , we know the work needs doing but everyday is a little much tbh
    There are no patch notes for this maintenance other than "Server stability updates."

with how many of these there has been it should be the best running server in the world but it is not , what are you doing guys/gals ? . as with no patch notes what is the 132mb we download ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quoted from earlier post:
    "BranFlakes...

You have my heart-felt condolences as to all the TRIBBLE You've had to put up with so far..."

and what about ALL THE TRIBBLE WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH???
  • Options
    azure1986azure1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I see on this forum right now is Moan moan moan the game is down agian cry cry.

all I say to that is grow the hell up, I am a LTS and I am not complaining, I fully understand why it is needed as the servers are still slightly laggy and i would rather them fix it now, it means that we dont get to play the game for 1 hour 30mins, OMG the world will end........ nope it just means less time to level our charcters and Fleets.

Why not during the down time go out and enjoy the sun and fresh air, or read a book?
  • Options
    kezzinkezzin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitova wrote: »
    To be honest a more detailed explanation of the problem(s) being encountered would probably silence a lot of the complaints and allow for a more understanding response from all players

Nothing will ever silence complaints in the forums... :D
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zachy011 wrote: »
    So, this is day, what?, 5 of "server stability" updates? I'm getting really POed at cryptic/pw for not being able to maintain their servers. I have barely any time so when I get the chance it's always down for maintenance. Can't you do the updates offline then take the server down for a few minutes to upload the new updates?

No, beacause all they are doing is restarting the server every day so it doesn't crash. And even then, sometimes it crashes anyway.

As far as patching the game goes... they already got everyone's money from LoR related ship and service sales, they don't care anymore. If the sales were bad, you can be sure they would patch broken stuff ASAP.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to your new game, Star Trek OFFline.
  • Options
    gazvickersgazvickers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting beyond a joke now and turning into a farce, Daily maintenance that never works or fixes anything. Not to mention the fact of the times they do it at. it's not 7am everywhere CRYPTIC GET A GRIP. for instance here in the UK all this "stability maintenance" occurs between 1 and 5 PM the middle of the day, weekly maintenance isn't too much of a hassle but this is every day and nothings getting fixed.

Why not fix some S**T then you wont have to annoy us on a daily basis.

:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azure1986 wrote: »
    All I see on this forum right now is Moan moan moan the game is down agian cry cry.

all I say to that is grow the hell up, I am a LTS and I am not complaining, I fully understand why it is needed as the servers are still slightly laggy and i would rather them fix it now, it means that we dont get to play the game for 1 hour 30mins, OMG the world will end........ nope it just means less time to level our charcters and Fleets.

Why not during the down time go out and enjoy the sun and fresh air, or read a book?

people are moaning as you put it because the repeated downtime and the problem still happens or don't you understand that ? , also the devs saying nothing also bother's people who pay for subs . understand now or am I not speaking good enough English ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dramaus wrote: »
    This sums up what I was going to say. We just want to know what's happening. Of course, there will still be those who expect perfection for nothing.

I do not expect perfection for nothing. I do expect the game I FRAKKING PAY FOR to run for more then 2 days in a row without downtime...
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • Options
    marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me that anytime you undertake changes of this scope, you will run into problems. Yes the new bugs are a little annoying, but I am having way more fun playing my Romulan character than I ever did playing my Federation or Klingon characters. I trust that the bugs and instability are more of a nuisance for them than they are for us, so I have been trying to keep it all in perspective. Kudos on all the new content!
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the upside, there's now plenty of time to go and purchase a Legacy Pack as Cryptic repeatedly asks you to do in the face of all of this downtime. :rolleyes:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.