test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where'd all the RP go?

Comments

• vizh20vizh20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And who are you to decide what does and does not constitute as "RP"? Did you write the the RP Rulebook? Are groups not allowed to have their own events?

This thread brought up the issue of the dwindling RP and we can see why it is dwindling. It is because of all these bloggers, haters, and just plain online bullies harassing one of the great, if not the greatest, fleet in Star Trek Online. We are a pillar of the RP community.

Not to mention the new instancing, which prevents people from meeting to socialize.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a matter of fact, I run my fleets RP Division, I'm not an expert, but I have a general idea of what RP is, you are using Role Play as an excuse and nothing more. I have never seen members of SFD doing any of the things that more normal RPers do in this game. When I see a bunch of Starfleet Dentists chatting at the bar about their latest RP exploits, I might by them a drink, but what I see them usually doing is not what I call RP.

Talk about calling people out, highly placed members of that fleet have PMed me with hate-speech that I cannot repeat on this forum, simply because I politely asked them to stop bothering me.

If you're wondering why I'm not being so polite now, that's why.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop feeding the trolls.

Will you people will never learn?
  • frostyjonesfrostyjones Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a matter of fact, I run my fleets RP Division, I'm not an expert, but I have a general idea of what RP is, you are using Role Play as an excuse and nothing more. I have never seen members of SFD doing any of the things that more civil RPers do in this game.

Talk about calling people out, highly placed members of that fleet have PMed me with hate-speech that I cannot repeat on this forum, simply because I politely asked them to stop pestering me.

Then the question stands: What gives you the right to dictate to others as to what constitutes RP?

I am also going to call out these "PMs from 'highly placed' members" provide the evidence and I will make sure that they are properly disciplined.
    edited May 2013
    As a matter of fact, I run my fleets RP Division, I'm not an expert, but I have a general idea of what RP is, you are using Role Play as an excuse and nothing more. I have never seen members of SFD doing any of the things that more civil RPers do in this game.

Talk about calling people out, highly placed members of that fleet have PMed me with hate-speech that I cannot repeat on this forum, simply because I politely asked them to stop pestering me.

You never started out being civil, you simply came out the gate with libellous accusations from the very start.

Again you're basically proving the point we are making with what you're saying. You have your own personal definition of what "RP" is an wish to impose it upon other people, all social areas, and the general public without their consent. Being a member of a fleet with some ceremonial position over certain aspects of gameplay does not make you an authority on anything. Full stop.

I also detect a complete lack of details and specifics again, perhaps because you know that they are not violations of the terms of service, or even violations of polite conduct. Your accusations are merely that with nothing to back them up, you make no case, you simply screech "troll" over and over again with absolutely nothing more to it. It is simply a litany of illogical hatred.

If you feel that the messages you received (if in fact you did receive them, which I highly, highly doubt) were actually offensive (and if you did receive messages, I doubt they were), then you know you should be reporting them to the GM. Of course, I do not see any of my fleetmates getting banned, so I really doubt your reports are honest. They're simply attempts to demonize people who refuse to be your marionettes while you take over social zones.
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    Stop feeding the trolls.

Will you people will never learn?

We're simply fighting against a campaign of misinformation and propaganda, and although yes, that is responding to the trolls, you'll see the "reputation" we have garnered has been entirely due to that campaign. We can't stay silent forever while our good name is tarnished again and again.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vizh20 wrote: »
    You never started out being civil, you simply came out the gate with libellous accusations from the very start.

Again you're basically proving the point we are making with what you're saying. You have your own personal definition of what "RP" is an wish to impose it upon other people, all social areas, and the general public without their consent. Being a member of a fleet with some ceremonial position over certain aspects of gameplay does not make you an authority on anything. Full stop.

I also detect a complete lack of details and specifics again, perhaps because you know that they are not violations of the terms of service, or even violations of polite conduct. Your accusations are merely that with nothing to back them up, you make no case, you simply screech "troll" over and over again with absolutely nothing more to it. It is simply a litany of illogical hatred.

If you feel that the messages you received (if in fact you did receive them, which I highly, highly doubt) were actually offensive (and if you did receive messages, I doubt they were), then you know you should be reporting them to the GM. Of course, I do not see any of my fleetmates getting banned, so I really doubt your reports are honest. They're simply attempts to demonize people who refuse to be your marionettes while you take over social zones.

I never said I was being polite now, being called certain words by people tends to put a damper on that, and I did follow the proper procedure to file a GM report against the individual at the time, although I did not personally keep evidence from that particular incident.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Talk about calling people out, highly placed members of that fleet have PMed me with hate-speech that I cannot repeat on this forum, simply because I politely asked them to stop bothering me.

Why do people always lie about this sort of thing? They can never produce the PMs in question when requested for them either. :rolleyes:
    I never said I was being polite now, being called certain words by people tends to put a damper on that, and I did follow the proper procedure to file a GM report against the individual at the time, although I did not personally keep evidence from that particular incident.

Hahahahahahahahaha
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
    edited May 2013

So you're admitting you're being immediately hostile to a complete stranger because they're affiliated with a group? That sounds a lot like irrational hatred to me.

I also see that it seems the GM disagrees with your perception of events, as we have had no members banned in a very long time. Our organization has very strict rules about following the TOS, especially the parts pertaining using appropriate language. With the absence of evidence either provided by yourself or from my knowledge of events (I asked), you're very clearly attempting to publicly smear a group because you want the game to specifically cater to your personal wants in an entitled fashion.
    edited May 2013
    yeah, those "dentists" scared all the RPers away. Heck, I rarely go to Drozana now unless I have to for a mission, because the "dentists" are so annoying, and I'm not even an RPer.

Wait wait wait wait wait waiiiiit......

Caught this gem from earlier in the thread.

So you're not an RPer but you're the head of RP for your fleet? I'm seeing some major contradictions here. This certainly points to a dishonest smear campaign.
  • kregorkregor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    Graphic public ERP displays in a game which children play is not acceptable behaviour. It's always a good thing to help keep this game child safe.

It's not acceptable behavior in ANY game.

That kinda tripe needs to be kept to private channels, or out of the game entirely.
  • nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's RP in STO?

I haven't found it ... ever.
    First you redefine trolling. That in itself is trolling. You are attempting to ruin this thread by derailing it.

You are throwing your toys out of the cot because people are wearing EV suits? And fire extinguishers? All of which are normal gameplay equipment.

Fire extinguishers, party poppers, balloon blowers or any non-combat noise makers are disruptive no matter how you go about it. I fail to see how any 'RP' would necessitate some goober hammering the fire extinguisher non-stop for ten minutes anywhere, especially around public locations where people are going to be doing their game activities re: Exchange, Bank, or the like.

They're not RP'ing, they're just trying to be childishly annoying - and succeeding.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... I've never met this "dentist" fleet... but the way its members are conducting themselves in this thread makes me hope I never will.

I expect they're just trying to get a rise out of people, but if they're not, if they really want to look like a decent group in public, I'd suggest they change their tune.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First you redefine trolling. That in itself is trolling. You are attempting to ruin this thread by derailing it.

You are throwing your toys out of the cot because people are wearing EV suits? And fire extinguishers? All of which are normal gameplay equipment. Do you get angry about people using phasers on their ships?

You statement saying that you don't think anyone should control the entire environment. This is ironic as you are trying to control how people roleplay, how people play the game. You are speaking out against your own behaviour. At this point it's obvious you are trolling and attempting a derail. The moderators will tell me off for responding to you anymore.

there is 1 difference between phasers on a ship, and a fire extinguisher on "old" drozana.

the phasers on a ship are for combat, it has a purpose,its to kill and/or disable an enemy in the gameplay. when there is no combat, the phasers are disabled

except for 2/3 missions, the fire extinguisher doesnt have a purpose, on 'old 'drozana it got no purpose, because there werent any fire's.the purpose that some people have given it, isnt what its ment to do,so in that case, running after people using that device, is very likely to be considerd trolling.

when people wanna roleplay thats fine,but its the way they roleplay, keep roleplay to the people that do it, and dont follow people around, or "harrass' people near the exchange,because they are not likely to engage in rp that moment.

if in youre roleplay there is a fire,why does the fire have to be near that person?why does that device needs to be used so often?

i mean you can also say : "stops the fire with the fire extinguisher ,woosh woosh"

and you say that he redefine's trolling, wich is according to you, trolling itself.

may i remind you,that he got the qeustion what he thinks that trolling means?
    and that he answers the qeustion.
    does that make answering a qeustion trolling also?

and getting a "name and shame" isnt something people give/do in 1 day.
    before people 'name and shame"there must be a considerble amount time of behavior that people find inappropiate. so there must be a small or bigger amount of truth in it.

roleplaying isnt forbidden,but may i know,why people dont stop if someone does say a couple time's he and/or she doesnt like that someone is following him/her?
    is it so hard to leave people, who dont roleplay,dont show interest,are busy with something else,or ask multiple time's to stop alone?

lets make 1 thing straight, i dont "hate"roleplay,i dont roleplay either, for me you guys can ofcourse roleplay,but the thing for me is please people keep it civilized,show some respect for each other, and listen to people if they ask you kindly to stop.... thats all.

PS: you may replace you with they or that, english isnt my main language, so this is the only way i can put it,it may also contain typo's,also didnt put this up to "troll"myself, or to make people angry, if you or anyone else feels that i disrespect him and/or her, i appologize,keep in mind that i did write this as neutral as possible, thanks in advance
    edited May 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Well... I've never met this "dentist" fleet... but the way its members are conducting themselves in this thread makes me hope I never will.

I expect they're just trying to get a rise out of people, but if they're not, if they really want to look like a decent group in public, I'd suggest they change their tune.

Would you mind being more specific? How is anyone conducting themselves inappropriately? They're simply responding to a very small minority of the STO community who have taken it upon themselves to spread disinformation. You saw yourself if you've read the entire thread that our main detractor here was lying the entire time about their identity and grievances. This was proven.
    edited May 2013
    there is 1 difference between phasers on a ship, and a fire extinguisher on "old" drozana.

the phasers on a ship are for combat, it has a purpose,its to kill and/or disable an enemy in the gameplay. when there is no combat, the phasers are disabled

except for 2/3 missions, the fire extinguisher doesnt have a purpose, on 'old 'drozana it got no purpose, because there werent any fire's.the purpose that some people have given it, isnt what its ment to do,so in that case, running after people using that device, is very likely to be considerd trolling.

when people wanna roleplay thats fine,but its the way they roleplay, keep roleplay to the people that do it, and dont follow people around, or "harrass' people near the exchange,because they are not likely to engage in rp that moment.

if in youre roleplay there is a fire,why does the fire have to be near that person?why does that device needs to be used so often?

i mean you can also say : "stops the fire with the fire extinguisher ,woosh woosh"

and you say that he redefine's trolling, wich is according to you, trolling itself.

may i remind you,that he got the qeustion what he thinks that trolling means?
    and that he answers the qeustion.
    does that make answering a qeustion trolling also?

and getting a "name and shame" isnt something people give/do in 1 day.
    before people 'name and shame"there must be a considerble amount time of behavior that people find inappropiate. so there must be a small or bigger amount of truth in it.

roleplaying isnt forbidden,but may i know,why people dont stop if someone does say a couple time's he and/or she doesnt like that someone is following him/her?
    is it so hard to leave people, who dont roleplay,dont show interest,are busy with something else,or ask multiple time's to stop alone?

lets make 1 thing straight, i dont "hate"roleplay,i dont roleplay either, for me you guys can ofcourse roleplay,but the thing for me is please people keep it civilized,show some respect for each other, and listen to people if they ask you kindly to stop.... thats all.

PS: you may replace you with they or that, english isnt my main language, so this is the only way i can put it,it may also contain typo's,also didnt put this up to "troll"myself, or to make people angry, if you or anyone else feels that i disrespect him and/or her, i appologize,keep in mind that i did write this as neutral as possible, thanks in advance

Thanks for your well-thought out reply, I can see you're just giving your own two cents (although we may disagree, which is fine.) and not attempting to smear anyone, and I really appreciate that.

The fleet in question is actually roleplaying. It might be sillier, "wackier" roleplaying, but the group of players are generally a bunch of fun, light-hearted people who don't take things too seriously. Old Drozana was a dangerous, poorly-maintained Ferengi station, the extinguishers were there because the place was continually (in RP terms) bursting into flames due to the bad repair state. The general RP of the fleet has been about taking particular Star Trek tropes and finding the lighter side of them for mutual amusement. They pretend to be safety officers because even in spite of the futuristic technology, Starfleet really didn't seem to follow OSHA regulations, and to us, that's really, really funny.

You may be surprised to learn that the definition of "following people around" is pretty loose when we're discussing the kind of people who have been levelling the accusations made in this thread. "Being in the same instance with the wrong fleet name" is following to them. Anything is a provocation to them. I have personally received hatemail and abuse just walking to the dabo table or exchange. Of course I reported it to the GM and left it at that without taking to the forums, since I understand that there may be some mental instability at work, and I feel sorry for such people.

Taking your suggestion, we have now made "Woosh Woosh" part of our lexicon. Congratulations!

I can see you're taking all of the arguments in good faith, and that's all right, but you need to understand that we're not taking that individual at his word because

a) he lied about his identity and involvement in roleplay
    b) he falsely accused us of actions we never did

He (or she, I guess) was engaging in an attempt to give us the reputation you mentioned. It's a small but very vocal number of people who are going around the forums on multiple accounts spreading lies and misinformation. We get the "name and shame" you mentioned because we roleplay humourously. We dance, we tell jokes, and they hate that. They want STO to be a serious roleplay game about how they're a special snowflake who was first in their academy and had a love affair with Riker (or his kid since it's years later I guess) and it's all about them. The "disruption" the other posters mention are basically us "ruining their immersion", that is to say we're having our own fun in the same instance as them and they don't think we should be allowed to.

To them, we are just background characters in their own Mary Sue fanfic, and if we do anything that stands out, that's "trolling". They want to control the environment, and that means you too, they don't want you jumping over a table to get to the exchange faster, that's trolling to them. They want you, personally, to serve them. They want to control you.

Of course that's not every roleplayer, not even close to it. Heck, our biggest PVP rival is basically a roleplay fleet and we've got fairly good relations with them. We exchange a lot of trash talk, but they certainly don't go around the forums demanding we be banned or blaming us for every gameplay trend, bug and server outage. Seriously, do a search of the fleet name on the forums, look at the stuff we get blamed for. It's insane.

The smears are from a very small number of people, but they're loud and widespread enough that it really has given an undeserved reputation to the fleet.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your well-thought out reply, I can see you're just giving your own two cents (although we may disagree, which is fine.) and not attempting to smear anyone, and I really appreciate that.

The fleet in question is actually roleplaying. It might be sillier, "wackier" roleplaying, but the group of players are generally a bunch of fun, light-hearted people who don't take things too seriously. Old Drozana was a dangerous, poorly-maintained Ferengi station, the extinguishers were there because the place was continually (in RP terms) bursting into flames due to the bad repair state. The general RP of the fleet has been about taking particular Star Trek tropes and finding the lighter side of them for mutual amusement. They pretend to be safety officers because even in spite of the futuristic technology, Starfleet really didn't seem to follow OSHA regulations, and to us, that's really, really funny.

You may be surprised to learn that the definition of "following people around" is pretty loose when we're discussing the kind of people who have been levelling the accusations made in this thread. "Being in the same instance with the wrong fleet name" is following to them. Anything is a provocation to them. I have personally received hatemail and abuse just walking to the dabo table or exchange. Of course I reported it to the GM and left it at that without taking to the forums, since I understand that there may be some mental instability at work, and I feel sorry for such people.

Taking your suggestion, we have now made "Woosh Woosh" part of our lexicon. Congratulations!

I can see you're taking all of the arguments in good faith, and that's all right, but you need to understand that we're not taking that individual at his word because

a) he lied about his identity and involvement in roleplay
    b) he falsely accused us of actions we never did

He (or she, I guess) was engaging in an attempt to give us the reputation you mentioned. It's a small but very vocal number of people who are going around the forums on multiple accounts spreading lies and misinformation. We get the "name and shame" you mentioned because we roleplay humourously. We dance, we tell jokes, and they hate that. They want STO to be a serious roleplay game about how they're a special snowflake who was first in their academy and had a love affair with Riker (or his kid since it's years later I guess) and it's all about them. The "disruption" the other posters mention are basically us "ruining their immersion", that is to say we're having our own fun in the same instance as them and they don't think we should be allowed to.

To them, we are just background characters in their own Mary Sue fanfic, and if we do anything that stands out, that's "trolling". They want to control the environment, and that means you too, they don't want you jumping over a table to get to the exchange faster, that's trolling to them. They want you, personally, to serve them. They want to control you.

Of course that's not every roleplayer, not even close to it. Heck, our biggest PVP rival is basically a roleplay fleet and we've got fairly good relations with them. We exchange a lot of trash talk, but they certainly don't go around the forums demanding we be banned or blaming us for every gameplay trend, bug and server outage. Seriously, do a search of the fleet name on the forums, look at the stuff we get blamed for. It's insane.

The smears are from a very small number of people, but they're loud and widespread enough that it really has given an undeserved reputation to the fleet.

i'm glad you take it as i meand to express it.

i have seen the roleplayers myself in drozana sometime's,and i must say, i dont feel that they are trolling me,i can understand that this experience may be different for everyone,but personaly, those guys look like a happy crowd,having fun together to me.wich is totally fine,but again, other people can see and feel it different.

i think we can all agree,even if it may be on different "levels" that there are much forms of roleplaying.

the serious one's.
    the 'wackier"one's
    the canon one's about captain jerk on the enterprize. (j/k)
    and erp

i also think that we all can agree that erp can only be done by adult people,with a good amount of caution.
    i did see the people from that fleet having a conversation about erp in general, so i know that some people do erp.
    personally i think its fine to erp, with adults only, in private.

thanks to the great amounts of forms to roleplay, people have created a image of what is good, and what is bad roleplay, in there eye's.
    this doesnt mean we are all sitting on the same line or amplitude.
    but thats where the humanity come's around.

i'm sorry to hear that you recieved hatemail and being abused for just walking to the exchange, this clearly make's the people who are "calling name's and shame's" not better as the people recieving the name's.

people give name's to fast, well i dont know that fleet and its people personally, i do recommend to others to just talk to them,even if you dont rp youreself,listen to there story.
    and decide then for youreself if the name they have is corecctly,or doesnt apply at all to them, i did spend a couple houre's on drozana, and i did see them roleplaying, as i already stated before,they never trolled me.
    but i did find there way entertaining,even if its 'different"as what most people understand under roleplaying.

i assume you are from the fleet?based on the knownledge you have and the way you response to people?

dont get me wrong on that,but i feel that you are "defending 'them against the name,and people only defend what they love/like/are.with wich is,ofcourse nothing wrong.

about the individual, i do not know him,or his/her fleet,so i cant tell if he/she is lying or not.
    about that i cant state a opinion,because i dont know enough to have a solid base/proof.

i do know that there are a lot of so called trolls,with mutliple accounts,doing different stuff,i also do know that people easily believe things if the 99% says so.

again,i dont choose a side,or defend a side, i must say both side's have there points,and have the right to voice there thoughts i just wanna say that people dont need to base there opinion on what everyone else says, i know that being different is difficult,based on rl,and that people easily make you out for weird,but i also know that having youre own voice,and dont going with the crowd has its uses,i would reccommend that people tlak to them,so dont call name's/trashtalk/smear people, talk to them,play with them,even roleplay with them,if you in to it,and make youre own opinion with what you have seen with youre own eye's.
    edited May 2013
    beside's that,ingame we can be any race, but at the end of the day,when we switch the power flip,we are all humans again,with feelings,most people forget that there is a human lifeform behind the screen on the other end of the cable.
  • captainwexlercaptainwexler Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. The "Naming and Shaming" continues against a fleet that's done nothing wrong. Once again, a group of totalitarian extremists have decided anything that isn't being a "background extra" in their own personal Mary Sue fanfic is "trolling" or "harassment". The libellous smear campaign by a small group of unhinged, control-obsessed individuals continues.

No, the fleets mentioned did not "kill" RP, although I imagine there are a lot of people just itching to say so. What "killed" RP (or reduced it) was the changes to the instance system. The 45-person instances are too small to have people randomly encounter each other and interact, especially when most players are only in social zones to use the bank or exchange. I'm not sure if the devs decided to lower the instance number to either "appease" said unhinged totalitarians by making social zones into ghost towns, or if it's just a way to increase stability while the bugs get worked out of LoR, but blaming a single fleet because you need to feed your insane, delusional persecution complex is simply ridiculous.

They are a big fleet. A few goons being disruptive in a trade hubcauses folk to think they are a hive minded swarm or something.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are people going to learn that the only way to deal with the Something Idiots is to not deal with them? Let them have their fantasy, taking it away from those who have so little else is just cruel.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    edited May 2013
    When are people going to learn that the only way to deal with the Something Idiots is to not deal with them? Let them have their fantasy, taking it away from those who have so little else is just cruel.

It's funny you are accusing people of trolls while verbally abusing them when they're speaking politely.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny you are accusing people of trolls while verbally abusing them when they're speaking politely.

Sorry pal, that might work on some about here, but a few of us have prior experience. TTFN.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our fleet (Romulan fed side) has a female member (real female ) who is basically fairly new .
    She in the course of a mission got LOST in Drozana and asked (politely) for directions to the objective (contraband crate).
    Two complete morons in ev suits then spent ten minutes following her around being childish.
    The young lady is 14
    her character is conservatively dressed and normally proportioned

that was basically harassment.

and all for the question "can someone direct me to the ferengi contraband crate please im near the bar"
    Live long and Prosper
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Our fleet (Romulan fed side) has a female member (real female ) who is basically fairly new .
    She in the course of a mission got LOST in Drozana and asked (politely) for directions to the objective (contraband crate).
    Two complete morons in ev suits then spent ten minutes following her around being childish.
    The young lady is 14

and all for the question "can someone direct me to the ferengi contraband crate please im near the bar"

How is that harassment exactly? how does following her around in ANY way impede her?

And if they where making comments there is a very effective 'ignore' button...
    edited May 2013
    Sorry pal, that might work on some about here, but a few of us have prior experience. TTFN.

No "game". I am simply pointing out the utter hypocrisy on display when you accuse people of trolling by engaging them with insults and verbal abuse. It's frankly appalling and perhaps indicative of the causes of any negative interactions you may have had with players in the past.

Edit: sollvax: If in fact this really did occur (such reports are almost always lies by an army of sockpuppets that a few obsessed individuals cycle through), I would really like the names of the players involved so that they can be confronted with that. Myself of Nbreeki would be happy to discuss it and take appropriate action.
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    The young lady is 14

So you saw two people goofing off and are calling that harassment? Ok. :confused:
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The 'fleet in question' also went out of their way to disrupt a roundtable event held between the RP community and the Devs, to the point that the Devs took notice. That isn't roleplay, and was clearly emphasized on the disruption and desire to destroy, not promote the point of the event. Any claims to the contrary are simple falsehoods to avoid responsibility. I also disregard anyone who claims those who choose to associate with such people should not be considered as at fault when they choose to continue to associate with them knowing what they do.

Enough said on that subject.

As far as RPers go, I am part of a multi-fleet RP group that does some open-world RP. The actual locations where these happen vary, depending on where the RP participants happen to meet (hey, maybe how it actually happens in Star Trek?) or where someone wants to set up the event. While there is plenty of RP within the Fleets, there -are- people who do this kind of unscripted/open RP.

As others have said, I suspect the drop noted has more to do with alot of people playing through an entirely new part of the game, and it will pick up again once those who are leveling new characters reach a point where they are comfortable RPing alongside all the Rear Admirals and Generals standing around the Command Levels of the various stations and planets.

My two cents.
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaitu wrote: »
    Is everyone cloaked?

I know drozana was a popular haunt, but now it's so instanced it doesn't work so well. Where's everyone hanging out these days?

DS9 and Bajor continue to be the RP hubs. I've seen a few players try New Romulus and Nimbus III for their RP.

A point to note: because everyone is digging into the new content provided by Legacy Of Romulus, you're not going to be seeing people standing around in one spot as often for a few weeks anyways.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe that is the reason why chatting in general is so dead. Everyone busy rushing through new missions.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I see tons of people everywhere, especially in ships clustered about mission planets.

If you're wondering why nobody is idling in a social zone to play bartender with you, its because they're out enjoying the actual game. :D
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22