What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    glyons76glyons76 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Cryptic I have just started to get the "Login Failed for unknown reason" error again. I was playing and then logged out to change character and now I can not log back in on any character because of this error again.

Please fix this problem again asap.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been 93 hours since LoR launched. I and many other players can't even log-on at all for this whole time! When our game launcher tries to patch, it crashes every time and lately the Cryptic error window doesn't hang around long enough for me to write a one sentence explanation of the problem before it goes poof! And as you can see at the top of our forum page, we have nothing to fear because the problems we're talking about are fixed??? (Shaking my head in disbelief.)
  • Options
    craigrodencraigroden Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, and wait, ....and wait some more while the hosting / cloud guys figure out how to balance server load and resources.

I know it's only a game, but since i'm paying for it, I expect the service to at least be run by professionals.

Guess all we can do is keep an eye on the forums for the weekly excuse....
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Retrieving character list taking forever. Can't delete mail since LOR was released. Retrieving stuff from my bank taking 2 minutes+ per item. Equiping stuff my my inventory to my ship taking 2+ minutes per item. Selling stuff to a vendor I gave up after 5 minutes and relogged to fix it. Loading new maps takes a while while it says server not responding for 60 seconds+. When character select screen finally shows up you still have to wait for it to load that character. Then once it's loaded you sit there and wait for the play button to light up. Same thing when switching characters. This never happened on Tribble btw. The only good news is I haven't been disconnected for a couple days now which is 50 times better then previously. I don't see any lag playing the game while killing stuff or walking around. So at least two things positive here.

And now I just switched to my Romulan character after playing my Fed character and i'm in a Que of 8xx/2xxx and i'm a lifetime subscriber. WTF is going on here!!!

It was fine before the last emergency maintenance. Seems like every time it's fixed they go ahead and break it again.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    craigrodencraigroden Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craigroden wrote: »
    Wait, and wait, ....and wait some more while the hosting / cloud guys figure out how to balance server load and resources.

I know it's only a game, but since i'm paying for it, I expect the service to at least be run by professionals.

Guess all we can do is keep an eye on the forums for the weekly excuse....

Oh, and look.... now there's announcement that the shard will be brought down for "Emergency Maintenance".

It's as if they released a major expansion for a game that's based on the Sci-Fi series that has the biggest fan following....... and now PWE's hosting team is surprised that people want to play it.

Why, I'm sure PWE is totally shocked and that there was simply no way to properly plan resources for this type of unexpected server load.....

Get your act together, PWE. It's only a game for subscribers. It should be a business for you.
  • Options
    dozingdawgdozingdawg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two in my guild just got mad and deleted the game. It is a small guild and I am the only active player now left. Please get this fixed?
    Quityerbellyachin'
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been 93 hours since LoR launched. I and many other players can't even log-on at all for this whole time! When our game launcher tries to patch, it crashes every time and lately the Cryptic error window doesn't hang around long enough for me to write a one sentence explanation of the problem before it goes poof! And as you can see at the top of our forum page, we have nothing to fear because the problems we're talking about are fixed??? (Shaking my head in disbelief.)

yeup, you and me both. i updated my sig out of boredom and to remain visible so this problem doesnt keep getting overlooked.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I log on, it disconnects, either in game or right after I log on (and also when I re-log on in game). I thought it was fixed (Resolved Issues #1).

If it only happens 3-4 times, I would be fine with it. But, ever since I have been able to sit down and run the program, I have to keep logging in (maybe more than 10 x depending on the speed of the disconnect). It can sometimes happen during a mission.
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hopefully when enough of the fake STO fans leave the servers can return back to normal status of money making harmony that created this amazing expansion that the fake STO fans are trying to play currently.

STO was doing fine without all this extra attention. leave now and be done with it.
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Basically the faulty que that forces people out of game into que's then fails for unknwon reaon's has returned.

Basically same problem that STO has been having problems with over the last few days. :rolleyes:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm getting it to, was about 50 in the que before it dropped me and now i can't get in at all...... always good to see cryptic dropping the ball......
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know right but for me it was like 1000+ then it got to around 50, seemed done but then fell apart, I also noticed the website took becomes sluggish when the servers fall apart too. :rolleyes:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the title says.....
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting it also after Retreving a List of Maps
  • Options
    dragasheindragashein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the down time, I went to log back in and got the error "Failed to log in due to unkown reason" after selecting my character.

-Edit- Sorry, forgot which forum I was in, please delete this thread; I will repost to here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=719601
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah good job on whatever you people did... NOT only is the forums lagging like crazy NOW I can't even get to my characters OR if I do it takes forever to load them in and while waiting for maps.... "Login failed for unknown reason" Here's an idea..... Take the stupid server down and why not actually FIX the issues you people have had in past releases that should already be knowledgeable in resolving quickly I.E. Pve queue, Inability to turn in quests.... the mail issue is a new one to me as well as out of all my characters having one that the journal won't show anything under available tab, and the queue only shows federation minefield AND I'M ALREADY QUEUED! at level 21 I know full well there's more available than minefield! Oh while you're at it fix the issue of me not being able to collect the season 7 tribble I earned for beta testing 7 as well as a new issue of being unable to submit bug reports or even errors to GM
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums are super slow and even when i manage to get past character select screen game gives god old 'connection to server timed out' error at loading screen.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with STO lately.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    caenethcaeneth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah having issues now too. Site is lagging and when I select a character to get into game gives the unknown error that we had a while back. Good luck finding issues wish you all well :) Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the quick RE-Start fixed it :eek:
  • Options
    phyloephyloe Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing the crazy lag at login only to have it fail for unknown reason as well. I was having no issues before the restart.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this message now too. It's just time for me to go play something else for awhile until they resolve these ongoing problems. I spend more time changing screens and logging in than I do actually playing the game.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    lejtlejt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my few attempts I got few time outs on retrieving my list of characters and few "Unable to login for unknown reason".. bottom line: unable to play.. and I have LFS.. not happy.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic I would like to point you towards some useful well established policies which you seem to totally not understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_testing#Beta_testing

This is CHECK YOUR DAMN SOFTWARE before release, really you guys obviously don't bother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_control

Pretty much something you guys lack.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats so silly. You can do nothig right devs, nothing. Downtime after downtime, exploits, bugs, maintenance rofl :rolleyes:. And then again nothing happend. What get you paid for?

You didnt test that stuff long enough and 1 week closed beta and a tribble testweekend where only gold and LTM can test... you guys make me laugh. I cant keep you serious anymore. You want my money? proof me that you / the game is it worth to spend even 1 freaking cent anymore.

btw i didn't get my 500 free Zen for 2 month as an LTM i should get them.

And now after your down not down but downtime one even cant log in.
    I get stuck at retrieving charakter selection, or i can choose charakter but then i get the Login failed for unknown reason message what you know cause this is an "SOLVED ISSUE"...

No guys thats it. Take the whole game down for a week and fix it completly. Playing like this is a farce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yip,same here can't get in at all anymore . They have managed to fubar the whole thang :D

Good stuff cryp
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, that's it for me today

after the patch, several tries to get the character list, then login failed for unknown reasons.

3 times by now.

what was the maintenance for!?!

.............................................................................................
    this is a jewel of a game when it's working, PLEASE care for it!
    .............................................................................................

btw you brought me to download NW, and i deleted it after finishing the first mission.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Server not responding

login failed

forums not responding

Q's not responding

She's going down Captain. I've Done all i caNNN!!
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server not responding

login failed

forums not responding

Q's not responding

She's going down Captain. I've Done all i caNNN!!

It's dead jim
  • Options
    dragasheindragashein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Select character, "Failed to login for unknown reason." I don't even see a queue.

I think it's time for Cryptic to re-write the game from scratch; seems the best way to properly get rid of the bugs.
  • Options
    lejtlejt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give it a kick in a warp drive
This discussion has been closed.