test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by skotte1
    queue getting bigger - and i see this post gonna get massive
    ---
    just wait anout 20 mins and queue will hit 20k, an hour later it will be 50k

---
    massive. I love the conspiracy theory though.
    ---
    "The que is fake, its just to make people buy a subscription
    This is my theory anyway..."
    ---
    haha and this one too,
    ---
    "i wish there entire boardroom would commit seppuku together, at once"
    ---
    *puts tin foil hat on* YOU CAN NOT READ MY BRAIN ALIENS AND GOVERNMENT WORKERS!!! x0ligy
    ---
    I think a server has fallen over. That would explain how nobody is getting in.
    ---
    "She cannae take much more o'this, cap'n! We dinnae have th'power!" acylion
    ---

the shard will be coming down shortly for emergency maintenance
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh how sweet did you think you were special?

not special but i pay for a service and therefore i wanna use it. F2plers are using a places on the servers which are paid by ppl like me. so ppl who pay to play should get prefered entrance and ppl who doesnt pay should be kicked in situations like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    min patch time *does the mini patch time dance*

I wouldn't mind the mini patches if they were actually mini.

They're not.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    smallbrainfieldsmallbrainfield Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    "She cannae take much more o'this, cap'n! We dinnae have th'power!"

Ha ha ha, you just reminded me of this little gem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7PW8qGFFi4
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had high hopes for LoR, I was expecting teething issues but this is just stupid now. 2 weeks before and now a good few days after.

Boll*ks to it. Im not even gonna try now.
    Tbh I cant be as*ed with being fooled about with bug after bug and glitch after glitch, patch after patch that just screws the game further.
    I may not be a LTS but like many, I have put a big wedge of cash on to this game in the past, all I wanna do is just be able to play the stupid game that many of us (LTS and non LTS alike) have poured funding into.
    My patience is wearing really really thin now. A fortnight now I and probably others hasnt been able to reliably play the game.

PW, Cryptic or whoever insists on TRIBBLE the game up, pull your heads out your as**s, use that money that you make on in game sales and actually get this game running as it should.
    Its embarrassing to see a small unheard of Russian company make a game with more players and get it right after one patch.
    Or a company that has released WoT and got that right after only one patch (that also has more players.)

Ive been far more patient than many others have.
    That only lasts so long though.
  • Options
    dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing like having the queue back, sitting at 6261 out of now 11,000+ and now receive a message that the shard is coming down for emergency maintenance and the website is also slow as hell. Hoping that you guys actually fix what is wrong and don't break anything else. Just fix it.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeoman85 wrote: »
    ah in the time it took to write the last post - they have noticed and the shard is coming down ;)

yeah same here just noticed the message to guess i'll go mow the lawn for the hour most likely the server well be down :P

• Options
    millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gonael77 wrote: »
    not special but i pay for a serviceand therefore i wanna use it. F2plers are using a places on the servers which are paid by ppl like me. so ppl who pay to play should get prefered entrance and ppl who doesnt pay should be kicked in situations like this.

seriously that's not a clever idea, most silver players buy more zen than lifers i would guess.

the community would mostly die as well. some people go silver just to fund buying zen as-well, i've done that in the past as I'm sure i'm not the only one
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Erm.. Think we broke teh forum servers too... oops...
  • Options
    innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ever since pwi took over management of the game , its done nothing but gone down hill , i am very disappointed but hey what can you expect from a cheap company. they never fix anything unless it stops them from making money , i am a Trekkie and i love this game , but sadly since the patch has coming out , i have already stopped myself from getting LTS , and am considering just uninstalling the game and giving up on it , pwi cannot do patches properly , was never a que from my experiences before pwi took over the game. so all in all if pwi doesnt get thier TRIBBLE together they are going to loose ALOT of players and ALOT of cash.
  • Options
    briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I last looked I was in position 341 of 6886, I then thought "meh, I've got dinner soon, then an ARMA2 game with the clan I'm in, then a mate's birthday night out to turn up to, so STO can wait for another night".

I'd been sitting in the queue for 1/2 hour, as a LTS. :(
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not special but i pay for a serviceand therefore i wanna use it. F2plers are using a places on the servers which are paid by ppl like me. so ppl who pay to play should get prefered entrance and ppl who doesnt pay should be kicked in situations like this.

Anyone who has bought ANYTHING in this game is a customer.

I'm lapsed gold, I guarantee that in my 2 years in the game I've spent at least $1000. No, Free players should NOT be kicked, quit being an elitist pratt. You're already queued ahead of the F2P players (WHen there's a Queue) those people infront of you?

Yeah those are other subs/LTM. You are not a special snowflake, you are not the sole source of income for this game.

CALM. THE. HECK. DOWN.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is "free" so what do I expect, actually nothing really, its inconvenient yes, but as opposed to paying a monthly fee, its something I can deal with, I can understand the life time members feeling cheated in this regard, but again the core of the game is F2P now
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that most everyone that was in the game or waiting in the queue are now trying to get on this forum, it will soon have a queue amd have to come down for maint.
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lol, what exactly do you think you paltry sub pays for? 15 barely pays for 2 hours at min wage. and without f2pers, who have to buy extra bank slots, inventory slots, and zen. farm dil to buy zen on the exchange, they spend more than you do...and you get a stipend.

LTS and subbers are more of a drain on sto than f2pers. you get for a small sum things they have to buy piecemeal. and that stipend of zen. they keep the dil/ec/zen economy in game flowing.

don't feel special, no matter what your parents told you you aren't. sto's ancient model repeated by some other mmo's is no longer viable. subs don't pay enough to keep a game running, LTS don't pay enough to keep a game running. requires f2pers who pay randomly on stuff you get as part of your sub/LTS.

subs/LTS look good on pape, they don't pay the bills by themselves though...or sto and all the other mmo's would never have had to go f2p.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except it's advertised as a feature to have priority login for gold and lts members. Not abiding by that is a breach of consumer laws due to false advertising. Whether it's the right thing to do to put f2p players second is another matter entirely.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ more. Welcome to STO.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really? i find the new content repetetive, ground centric, overly tuned in difficulty, repetetive, uninspired, repetetive.

Sorry you're not enjoying some of the content.

I agree that the new content is ground centric, but I personally really enjoyed the ground missions, specially that Nimbus mission that ended up in the night club.

Repetitive ? Maybe, but It's a break from the STFs and handful of Rommie rep missions I've been doing for the past few months.

Personally, I'm lovin seein warbirds everywhere. :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comparing crytic to Stalin? That's a tad over the top.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • Options
    frankythefly1frankythefly1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm wrong but I heard a rumor saying the Queue is caused by people using Steam to download the LoR patch. Apparently Steam need to ... ** cough**... LOGIN.... to update... so you can imagine that the 20 000 player that where in a queue last week wasn't in reality PLAYERS, but was the amount of REMOTE CONNECTION generated by Steam during the download of the patch.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lifetime membership giving me priority access of 3401. I stayed at 3401 for 5 minutes before I gave up and canceled and exited out of the game. Good job!
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You think THAT'S getting bigger...
  • Options
    jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LTS member, stuck waiting in the queue as well, however I am not complaining, just explaining.

1. There is a new Expansion out.
    2. It is a US Holiday weekend.

This means that everyone should expect a much higher than usual load on the servers, log in times, lag, etc. because there are going to be thousands of more players trying to all get into the system because of 1 & 2 above.

This also means that issues that normally wouldn't happen with the fewer log ins are manifesting themselves, and the techs are having to deal with them frequently. (the down times and ER maintenance).

A royal PITA, yes, but most certainly not unexpected.
  • Options
    buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comparing crytic to Stalin? That's a tad over the top.

I guess you missed the post from the player who bought the romulan pack, didn't get the romulan pack, disputed the transaction with PayPal and was banned by PW for it.

No, I don't think comparing them to Stalin so far fetched at all.
  • Options
    verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buzzout wrote: »
    I guess you missed the post from the player who bought the romulan pack, didn't get the romulan pack, disputed the transaction with PayPal and was banned by PW for it.

That's because as far as they know the charge was disputed because the paypal, credit card, what have you that used to buy it was stolen, and the rightful owner disputed. Its also something that can get fixed, might require some proving who they are, and some work, but its that or they potentially let someone use their game to run rampant with someone elses bank account.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Riiight When PWE starts mass murdering it's player base, than you can compare, till then pick up a book and read up on the guy, and how censoring a privately own forum is not the same at all.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering that a lot of the posts in the forums lately has been harsh attacks on Cryptic, the devs, threats against them with respect to lawsuits, or that they should essentially commit suicide, and such, I can understand them removing such threads. The Forums truly show the WORST in people.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    Considering that a lot of the posts in the forums lately has been harsh attacks on Cryptic, the devs, threats against them with respect to lawsuits, or that they should essentially commit suicide, and such, I can understand them removing such threads. The Forums truly show the WORST in people.

Anonymity = ***hat behavior.
  • Options
    briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Except it's advertised as a feature to have priority login for gold and lts members. Not abiding by that is a breach of consumer laws due to false advertising. Whether it's the right thing to do to put f2p players second is another matter entirely.
    From what I can see on the LTS section, haven't checked the "Features Matrix" yet. But I think they may have removed that feature as it's not advertised there.
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i'd ban that idiot also. i'd ban them so bad they couldn't play any of my games on any server anywhere.

also its pretty super cool awesome to only listen to one side of the story isn't it. you have no idea if this ANON idiot is even telling the truth.