test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red gift glitch

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I bought 2 red gifts for 2.7 mill each and inside 2 blue gifts, is this a glitch or just another kick to to the boys':mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    NCCKILLER wrote:
    I bought 2 red gifts for 2.7 mill each and inside 2 blue gifts, is this a glitch or just another kick to to the boys':mad:

Its another kick...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The blue gift is the most common item in the red gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's all I got in my gift recipt 5... it's why I'm not buying any from the store...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 35 red gift receipts (across several characters courtesy of the dilithium "tax") and I mostly got, if I was lucky, blue boxes. Just doesn't seem right. It's like putting a tiny crappy gift inside a big heavy box to tease people. It gets old!

It was really disappointing to lose as much dilithium as I did in exchange for these receipts that were really disappointing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    The blue gift is the most common item in the red gift.

It's ****in' sick that, isn't it? A box within a box within a box, each with a lesser chance of containing the item you want?

How so many people fell for it, I'll never know, but the important thing is that Cryptic's new parent company knows they have a viable market to exploit, if not one way then the other. And if they see that people aren't going in for the grab bag mechanics then maybe they'll offer more with a Gold Subscription, and start integrating more of the paid content into a monthly sub.

Meaning Christmas of 2012 - same shenanigans again. New Year of 2013 - who can say at this point?

CUSTOMER SERVICE: "Yeah, you got a white item, from a green box, in a blue box, inside a purple box"

ANGRY GAMER: "What??? And I didn't get no orange????"

lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    It's ****in' sick that, isn't it? A box within a box within a box, each with a lesser chance of containing the item you want?

How so many people fell for it, I'll never know, but the important thing is that Cryptic's new parent company knows they have a viable market to exploit, if not one way then the other. And if they see that people aren't going in for the grab bag mechanics then maybe they'll offer more with a Gold Subscription, and start integrating more of the paid content into a monthly sub.

One can hope?

Dream on.

They earned so much money with that that the money they DIDNT earn from those of us who didnt fall for it does not count...

When this was new the forum was full of people that were "proud of themselfes" that they didnt fall for it because... they set a limit of 40... 50... even 70 $ and stopped then.... That are the ones who believe they DIDNT fall for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dream on.

They earned so much money with that that the money they DIDNT earn from those of us who didnt fall for it does not count...

When this was new the forum was full of people that were "proud of themselfes" that they didnt fall for it because... they set a limit of 40... 50... even 70 $ and stopped then.... That are the ones who believe they DIDNT fall for it.

Ha! Are you serious? The only thing the forum was full of was threats of lawsuits and demands to know the odds, and for ships, and satisfaction...?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:

Ha! Are you serious? The only thing the forum was full of was threats of lawsuits and demands to know the odds, and ships, and satisfaction...?

That were the guys who did spend 200 - 300 $ without result on it.. and were always teased by those "bright people that didnt fall for it" with paying 70 $ for (not) getting a character only ship....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That were the guys who did spend 200 - 300 $ without result on it.. and were always teased by those "bright people that didnt fall for it" with paying 70 $ for (not) getting a character only ship....

Ah well, I've tried to stay clear of the whole thing save from tryig to point out the folly of any sort of legal contest. I've not seen any jibing by people who didn't empty out their wallets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    Ah well, I've tried to stay clear of the whole thing save from tryig to point out the folly of any sort of legal contest. I've not seen any jibing by people who didn't empty out their wallets.

I guess it is all relative. I spent $37 on it because the forums were full of people (early on) who claimed to get it in one of the first boxes, so I figured the odds were pretty reasonable. I was wrong. I should have known better and stopped at $12.50. At least I learned my lesson though. I am not going to spend a dime on ship lottery unless they are explicit about the odds.

We shall see if Kamala Harris takes an interest in this or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    I guess it is all relative. I spent $37 on it because the forums were full of people (early on) who claimed to get it in one of the first boxes, so I figured the odds were pretty reasonable. I was wrong. I should have known better and stopped at $12.50. At least I learned my lesson though. I am not going to spend a dime on ship lottery unless they are explicit about the odds.

We shall see if Kamala Harris takes an interest in this or not.

Ooh, she's pretty. She is beautiful! But do you not think she's a bit too busy being the Attorney General of California to give a TRIBBLE what some Star Trekking computer gamers are kicking up a fuss over?

As you say, it's all relative, and I just know that any luxury like a captured Jem'Hadar fighter is way off my radar atm, and accordingly I've only tried winning the item through my physical prowess in Q's Winter Wonderland race.

"Will run for 400,000,000 EC!" lol

Edit: WOW! She's 47? God damn! Looking good girl?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    Ooh, she's pretty. She is beautiful! But do you not think she's a bit too busy being the Attorney General of California to give a TRIBBLE what some Star Trekking computer gamers are kicking up a fuss over?

As you say, it's all relative, and I just know that any luxury like a captured Jem'Hadar fighter is way off my radar atm, and accordingly I've only tried winning the item through my physical prowess in Q's Winter Wonderland race.

"Will run for 400,000,000 EC!" lol

I do not expect to hear back from her office until at least January, but you never know. Normally I would not expect too much action for a civil complaint against a business unless a particular business received a lot of them (the DOJ cannot act as your personal attorney and all that jazz); however, if the DOJ feels that the criminal complaint has any merit, they might start the ball rolling.

Until then, I will just enjoy the game via my stipend instead of my paypal account.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not her office you've got to convince, it's Arnold Schwarzenegger's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    It's not her office you've got to convince, it's Arnold Schwarzenegger's.

Arnold Schwarzenegger climbed as high up the ladder as he could before he hit the constitution, said, "TRIBBLE this parchment ceiling," and went back to LA to make more "B" movies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    Arnold Schwarzenegger climbed as high up the ladder as he could before he hit the constitution, said, "TRIBBLE this parchment ceiling," and went back to LA to make more "B" movies.

No way? Arnie's not Governor anymore? What happened? :eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    No way? Arnie's not Governor anymore? What happened? :eek:

Term limits. We re-elected a governor from the sixties, the former Mayor of Oakland, Jerry Brown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    Term limits. We re-elected a governor from the sixties, the former Mayor of Oakland, Jerry Brown.

Ar man, you should get Rob Lowe. He really sells the place in those adverts he's in over here.