Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• magicalrainbowsmagicalrainbows Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep posting don't stop.
  • dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    F*CK F*CK THIS!!! I created a second character got to level 10 this time and bam server not responding error and can't get past 94%. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • razorwingangelrazorwingangel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tech support people at least had the decency to tell me in my support ticket that this is a known bug that they're working on, so that's something. On the other hand, marking my ticket as "solved" when the problem persists across multiple sets of hardware and regardless of any of the suggested solutions seems a bit... optimistic.

Any information about causes, progress, attempted solutions, etc would be very much welcomed.
  • burnzy1985burnzy1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having trouble with "Server Not Responding" as well for the past several weeks.

I log in, start playing and BOOM, instantly get the "Server Not Responding" in red at the top of my screen, then it kills my Internet connection for a minute or so. :(

Very annoying and frustrating.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tech support people at least had the decency to tell me in my support ticket that this is a known bug that they're working on, so that's something. On the other hand, marking my ticket as "solved" when the problem persists across multiple sets of hardware and regardless of any of the suggested solutions seems a bit... optimistic.

Any information about causes, progress, attempted solutions, etc would be very much welcomed.

This is why mi sig is now...
    /Floozy
  • thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble! Rabble Rabble!!!
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May 24th Maintenance for Server Stability? All of this started to happen as soon as they put that Neverwinter game on the same server, we know what's to blame.
  • classic25classic25 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE poor service.
  • hullkenhullken Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there's service? where? I must have dozed off and missed it.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, just calm down.

If you rush them, they will rush the job and it will not be good. If you be patient and give them time, it will be fixed, and stay that way.

Just chill and have a cold one. It's not worth swearing at those you don't even know.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • jash0416jash0416 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes just give them the time to fix it. Just look at how smooth the game ran before this problem.

That was in my sarcastic voice.
    edited May 2013
    Keep the spam rolling!
  • tiger4195tiger4195 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep the spam rolling!

There are enough people having this problem that the posts are still rolling in. There's no need to spam.... >.>
    edited May 2013
    Im just working the night shift, got to keep the posts rolling, keep this top thread on the general page so everyone sees it and its a big deal.
  • hullkenhullken Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look out! Got a reply from tech support only 14 hrs after submitting ticket!

Followed their intructions to the letter and nothing works, now for their last option.

Reinstall

Took 4 tries to get a launcher, but that's better than it's been all day. Currently at 2.2% patched so I'm going to bed.
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hullken wrote: »
    Look out! Got a reply from tech support only 14 hrs after submitting ticket!

Followed their intructions to the letter and nothing works, now for their last option.

Reinstall

Took 4 tries to get a launcher, but that's better than it's been all day. Currently at 2.2% patched so I'm going to bed.
    Reinstalling won't work. Several in this thread have already tried it. It's not a missing file on the client side.

For example, my character's stuck trying to find Delta Volanis. My other characters can get to DV. If it was a missing file, none of them would be able to load the map.
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May 24th Maintenance for Server Stability? All of this started to happen as soon as they put that Neverwinter game on the same server, we know what's to blame.
    Plot twist: The issue gets "fixed", and all the stuck characters load into Baldur's Gate :P
  • woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well bugs do happen, if our characters are lost for good at least tell us so we can move on. Oh well we won't recieve any word for at least the next 3-4 days so lets juts chill.

I don't accept that and would be f*****g livid If my toon is lost for good, cryptic will be getting a rather large bill from me, this is the toon I have played with since day1 week1 of this game(beta tester) and I have spend 100's if not 1000's of dollars on acquiring all of the lockbox ships and other items, so NO it's not acceptable to have this toon lost :(
    edited May 2013
    Woh, for some reason the server is not responding, what do?

Rabble!!!
  • somberrepentancsomberrepentanc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never before have I seen such calous disregard for a games player base, this isnt some obscure problem, people cant use their characters. Its pathetic.
  • classic25classic25 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never before have I seen such calous disregard for a games player base, this isnt some obscure problem, people cant use their characters. Its pathetic.

you are god damn right.
    edited May 2013
    Hey, this is not on top? Let me fix that for you.

REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOO!!!
    edited May 2013
    Starting Star Trek Voyager, season 1, episode 4. Not sure if watching Star Trek is a good idea when i want to play Star Trek.. Perhaps i should watch south park?

Rabble! Rabble Rabble!!!
    edited May 2013
    Hey, this is not on top? Let me fix that for you.

REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOO!!!

Who's that?
    /Floozy
  • beel7beel7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the initial character selection screen when its loading I get the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" message. This is on my federation character which I have spent a lot of time on.
  • teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

is just ridiculous , even after 4 days the same message and nothing happends
    when will finally actually something happend with it :confused: :mad:
    edited May 2013
    beel7 wrote: »
    After the initial character selection screen when its loading I get the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" message. This is on my federation character which I have spent a lot of time on.

Wow, You actually can get past(!) the character selection-screen? /Lucky you, i CTD before that. Why, You've got half a game more than me. Unfair. Stop complaining. :D:rolleyes:
    /Floozy
  • reminat0rreminat0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm adding myself to the list of people not able to play their main character since tuesday ... I hope I'll be able to play her again, but I'm beginning to think the opposite ...
    I don't know what's hapening on the servers, but a little bit communication from Cryptic/PW would be nice, just for us to know they're working on it ...
    Anyways, in the mean time, I've done a Romulian, and I must say the expension is pretty good, but I still wanna play it with my FED character ... Patience, patience ....
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone tried turning off on-demand patching?
    edited May 2013
    Everyone should feel free to add themselves to this thread, the more community the better! Stand up and be heard brothers and sisters!

Rabble! Rabble Rabble!

The Alamooo? I think its a cow, one that died. That is why we remember it. It is perhaps a companion of Geronimoooo?

Alas i fear i must sleep and thus this may fall to the second page. I can but hope others step forward and spam in my absence. May the power of the Rabble be with you, and we will never be silenced! With our Rabble complained... Captain Rabble, he's our hero, gunna take polution down to zero!

Shiiiiit.. :(
This discussion has been closed.