test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• paulvbpaulvb Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same thing only it stops loading at around 91%

honestly all I want at this point is for someone at craptic to say SOMETHING other than "we're working on it"
    seriously, tell us the details.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can log into my Fed toon no problem, but... I got a B'rel. I actually WANT to play my Ferasan ;_;
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • elnorelelnorel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Repost from other topic that is related.

Same here.

My main char got stuck in the "crappy malfunctioning database" dimension.

We all know how their support is.
    ? First they copy/paste some unrelated drivel along the lines of "try this...." replies in hopes they have gotten rid of you for a day, until the REAL techs come to work.

? Then they send you some other unrelated "try this and that TRIBBLE a baby can look up in google in the first place" answers to your problem.

? Then they pass your problem to the big honchos who are busy with other stuff totally unrelated. They look into the database,.. scratch their head,.... few days pass. They scratch some more,... some more days pass.

? They then contact you apologizing "citing workload etc. etc.... blah, blah, blah" *puke*, until you're absolutely furious and you call them over the phone.

? Then you call their support and maybe you start to have some one to one conversation with the person that actually knows what is going on, but even he tries to diffuse the issue as he is powerless and awaiting the devs solution to the problem same as you are.

? You slam down the phone, open a beer, utter some vulgar curses under your breath and create a new toon you can actually play. (cursing all the way up to lvl 20+). Checking this forum thread every 3 hrz or so.
    edited May 2013
    keep this thread at the top guys. lets see how far we get. I'd bet $10 that we'll get to 1200 posts before someone from cryptic responds. never mind a solution, it'll take them that long to tell us anything
  • woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes; only I've gotten my server not responding up to 7000 before finally givign up

im sitting at over 10000 lol
  • njgounjgou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ha!, I had mine close to 9,000.... Made some food, used the bathroom (#2), watched a little TV etc....
    Click Me!

Just to be clear, this is what everyone's loading screen looks like?

Yep, mine looks exactly like that.

Only on one character, my Main Fed toon with all of my zen invested -_-

ah well, time to go outside I guess.
  • vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    njgou wrote: »
    Yep, mine looks exactly like that.

Only on one character, my Main Fed toon with all of my zen invested -_-

ah well, time to go outside I guess.

Same here, one of them. Mine is the new Romulus character I made, got to lvl 11 and now stuck.
    Click Me!

Just to be clear, this is what everyone's loading screen looks like?
    Change your timezone here.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    yes, my avatar is my tattoo
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    used the bathroom (#2),
    You have 2 bathrooms? :cool:
  • jesterpc238jesterpc238 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue as everyone else, just on my new fed. I played the first year or so STO came out (bought a CE at launch), but I wanted to start over to see how things have changed. My old character can get in just fine, but my newer one (the one I want to play) gets stuck at the loading screen. I logged him out outside of Earth spacedock, maybe that has something to do with it?

At any rate, this is extremely frustrating. It was one thing when the servers were too overloaded for an evening and no-one could get in. At least that got fixed within twelve or so hours. As it stands, I can't get into the character I want to play on a holiday weekend. That's a major bummer. Some kind of estimation about this problem from the devs would be nice.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides me, does anyone else experience their server not responding every couple of minutes?

Also, it says thay the ' "Login failed for unknown reason" error' has been resolved, but sometimes I keep gettin it after I log in.

I sometimes also get a "timed out" message before I enter the choose character screen.
  • somberrepentancsomberrepentanc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look guys the devs are gone for the weekend and won't be back until Tuesday. They really have other more pressing bugs to fix atm, many are complaining of uniforms not properly fitting their characters. Once the other major bugs are fixed they will make sure we can play or at least tell us our characters are lost forever so we can start over. In the meantime lets just open a cold one and relax.

More important than people being unable to log in? are you just a moron or did you not realize what you typed
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going into a big weekend too. Lots of time to level my rommie. I am so far behind my fleeties now I will be solo leveling. Perhaps they will help me on occasion, but that wont be as fun because we are not going through it together.

Being not too terribly savvy on computers, servers, and programming, why not just give us a new toon with the same accolades, gear and progress. Isn't everything a database entry anyways? I feel like they work on final solutions only and not immediate work arounds like I see at work all the time. Our IT gives us a less than optimal work around and works on the fix once we have some functionality back.

Does that apply to this sort of thing?
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More important than people being unable to log in? are you just a moron or did you not realize what you typed

I thought that was heavy sarcasm for the most part.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • destahddestahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty annoyed ...

I bought a lifetime sub on Wednesday.

On Thursday my main, Fed dude got locked out due to this problem.

Same spiel from support, waste of money them... Cryptic, same the wages you're paying them and invest into the game.

Just now, my Romulan captain got locked out as well, same problem.

Sour taste doesn't begin to describe how my mouth tastes right now.
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    destahd wrote: »
    Same spiel from support, waste of money them... Cryptic, same the wages you're paying them and invest into the game.

Agreed with this.
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am interested to see how many pages this thread gets to before the devs return from the weekend. More players seem to be falling victim to this glitch by the hour. Double edged sword there of course, more players are suffering but it increases the speed of a fix.
    edited May 2013
    Took another screenshot (Click Here!), check out the time....
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    edited May 2013
    I really hope everyone gets locked out. its the only thing that that will kick their asses into high gear. well we could form an angry mob outside cryptic world HQ.

looks like there are only about 5500 people actually playing.. anyone know what the normal server loads are? just trying to get an idea of how many people cant even play
    edited May 2013
    paulvb wrote: »
    looks like there are only about 5500 people actually playing.. anyone know what the normal server loads are? just trying to get an idea of how many people cant even play
    Where are you getting that number from?

I only ask because I assumed STO was considerably bigger than EvE (my other main MMO), which is currently sitting on 44,858. 5,500 players on a weekend for an MMO with the Star Trek name seems... well, embarrassingly small.
    edited May 2013
    Where are you getting that number from?

I only ask because I assumed STO was considerably bigger than EvE (my other main MMO), which is currently sitting on 44,858. 5,500 players on a weekend for an MMO with the Star Trek name seems... well, embarrassingly small.

from steam. it says there are 5519 players currently in-game on STO

heres a link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/9900

I assume the playerbase is WAYY bigger than 5500 considering the queues earlier this week were up to nearly 30,000.
    edited May 2013

I think that's just how many are playing through Steam, not how many are playing in total.
    edited May 2013

Thats only from Steams install side, people that don't use steam are not calculated.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    edited May 2013
    I think that's just how many are playing through Steam, not how many are playing in total.

I suppose so. anyone know how many players are actually online atm?
  • jash0416jash0416 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no answer on an ETA for this???

Top men working on this, top men.

Why cant one of these top men give us an update?
    edited May 2013
    well I guess at this point all we can do is b*tch and holler
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH, this is a perfect example why items, FC's, EC's, Dilithium, ships shouldn't be bound to character at all, but account bound, and accessable from any character on that account
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
    edited May 2013
    when I try to play by running the game exe file directly without using the launcher, I get stuck at the "connecting to account server..." message for a few mins until it times out. also the game logs record that the connection the account server fails. its defiantly the account server. lol what if all they had to do was restart the account server's machine

this is directly from the log file:

130525 15:52:38 14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.184.38:7001
    130525 15:53:35 15 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.184.38:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game client crashed while I was afk for 15 min..just sitting in sector space :eek:

now, ec transfer to account bank is taking 30-40 seconds..took 3 minutes to claim marauding t4 doff.. :cool:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • codyniz1codyniz1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was considering buying 500 zen to buy the last Fleet Ship Module I needed for what I plan to get. Now that the toon I want to play is in purgatory, I have time to keep grinding dilithium.
  • kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh dear god... We're are on 4 patches this week and the game is still having connection issues, I was able to get in fine at first but any movement of items to bank.exchange/mail was lagged by about 10 minutes and now i cant get back in... dont you ever learn your lesson Cryptic? This is seriously messed up having to deal with this many problems launch week.

I mean some issues are to be expected, but this is ridiculous, your audience can't even play the game for 5 minutes without issues.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
This discussion has been closed.