test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• harmvanriskharmvanrisk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cmdrj323 wrote: »
    You mean to tell me this has been going on for three days????? I come back after a week to find this happening when I try to get into the Sol System to put some inventory into my personal and fleet banks, and find this thread and find out it's a THREE DAY ISSUE. What the hell???

Welcome to the party ha ha
  • classic25classic25 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My character is still stuck on the loading screen between ESD and Sol system. This started on monday and STILL hasn't been fixed. What is going on!??
  • cmdrj323cmdrj323 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the party ha ha

Good thing I got other games to turn to because this is rather ridiculous. I have limited spare time to get on like I want to as is and this is not what I needed to see. And they're doing a life time subscription sale on top of this? Yeah right.
  • thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble! Rabble Rabble!!
    edited May 2013
    Oh a launcher update.. *Holds breath*
    edited May 2013
    91.84.... *Stops responding* Noooooooooo

Rabble, Rabble Rabble!!!
  • general444general444 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a 94% load then the server is forever not responding. Anyone else getting this yet ANOTHER server problem???

yeah ive had the problem all day
  • llyinllyin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i feel ya mines the same way, I can play any other toon just not he one I want to....
  • classic25classic25 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had this problem since monday. where the hell is this fix theyre supposedly working on?
  • woodrandywoodrandy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok. I hav e verified that 38.111.40.114 is a sever owned by Cryptic in Boston MA and that is as far as my tracert goes. It then ends up in a hop count that hits the max of 30, so the message is generated "Server not responding" as the client does not get a return message.

If I am at a cryptic server, why does it appear that the transmission is still trying to do somewhere and then it fails?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Admiral Randy Wood (UFP) - 1st Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Womek (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Renan Wartok (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Raynal Waton (UFP) - Temporal Operations Group
    General Kragh (KDF) - House of Ta'al
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can this issue still be going on? I thought this was a network load capacity problem solved by the queues
  • fascinofascino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep... I get to 94.07. Aaaaaaand nothing happens. No weekend for the techies!
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    classic25 wrote: »
    I've had this problem since monday. where the hell is this fix theyre supposedly working on?

To be fair, and I will note that I too am suffering this issue as well, the code for this game should be fairly vast, and it could be something as stupid as one wrong character typed in one place that causes a cascade of errors. Following that line of errors back to its source would be a massive task that would, in all likelihood, take days to track down.

My biggest issue isn't that the error exists, but rather the lack of communication between Cryptic and the end consumer. Merely posting platitudes and insulting quips about "top men" isn't what I expect from a company in this day and age, and certainly not from a company that I have given money too.

The problem seems to be that companies that operate exclusively online seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking that because they have an EULA and are essentially "faceless", that they are somehow exempt from interacting with their customers in a timely and efficient manner. Were Cryptic operating in the same way as a supermarket, car dealership or any other "face-to-face" business, they would surely have had some extremely angry customers literally beating their doors down.

For my part I will keep close tabs on their efforts and, for now, give them a break and hope that this and all the other issues are resolved as quickly and professionally as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • azpatraoazpatrao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least I managed to create a Romulan character and play with him, so I'll have something to do while I wait for this problem to be resolved :)
  • wnxkrowwnxkrow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I received the tweet a few minutes ago stating this issue may be resolved but I am experiencing the same result. Fortunately it is happening to only 1 of my 6 captains.

"Server not responding" indefinitely.

I thank you guys at Cryptic for all your work.:)

To those unable to log in like myself, I'd like to share something.

:mad:At this very moment, no one is able to log into "Need for Speed World" for the past 2 days.
    We all get this message "SERVERERROR_FATAL_ERRORCODE_5".

Anyone familiar with NFSW would know about the "Treasure Hunt" daily event, you supposedly get better items the more days you have accumulated in a row without interruptions, should you miss one day, you must pay 500 Speedboost.

I am currently on day 385, that is over 1 years of logging in daily to maintain the streak. Now with EA/NFSW having Technical Difficulties I have 1 of 2 choices;

Restart my daily Treasure Hunt and save the 500 SB
    or
    Pay the 500 SpeedBoost and maintain the streak.

Furthermore is you reach 500 days on your streak, you get a free car pack worth 1,950 SpeedBoost.

I have 3 drivers on my NFSW account so their Technical Difficulties are gonna cost me $5.00 today.
    :mad:

So lets all be grateful to Star Trek online, Cryptic and Mr. Branflakes for all their efforts which will not cost us anything unless you are paying monthly for the game and one of your Captains is inaccessible. at least it's not the ENTIRE community getting ripped off.

Don't get me wrong, this is a slight inconvenience for me as well but I could not be happier with Star Trek Online and this coming from an expert gamer with 2 decades of hardcore gaming experience. I currently play over 6 games on a daily basis.... DAILY. and none are as great as Star Trek Online. I mean seriously, Anyone know about a game better than STO? F2P, can exchange Dilithium for ZEN! New content, periodic EVENTS!

BTW get the Star Trek Online lifetime membership, It's a great deal! I personally love it!

Thank you STO and keep up the good work.:)
  • spaciumindagatorspaciumindagator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wnxkrow wrote: »
    I received the tweet a few minutes ago stating this issue may be resolved but I am experiencing the same result. Fortunately it is happening to only 1 of my 6 captains.

"Server not responding" indefinitely.

I thank you guys at Cryptic for all your work.:)

To those unable to log in like myself, I'd like to share something.

:mad:At this very moment, no one is able to log into "Need for Speed World" for the past 2 days.
    We all get this message "SERVERERROR_FATAL_ERRORCODE_5".

Anyone familiar with NFSW would know about the "Treasure Hunt" daily event, you supposedly get better items the more days you have accumulated in a row without interruptions, should you miss one day, you must pay 500 Speedboost.

I am currently on day 385, that is over 1 years of logging in daily to maintain the streak. Now with EA/NFSW having Technical Difficulties I have 1 of 2 choices;

Restart my daily Treasure Hunt and save the 500 SB
    or
    Pay the 500 SpeedBoost and maintain the streak.

Furthermore is you reach 500 days on your streak, you get a free car pack worth 1,950 SpeedBoost.

I have 3 drivers on my NFSW account so their Technical Difficulties are gonna cost me $5.00 today.
    :mad:

So lets all be grateful to Star Trek online, Cryptic and Mr. Branflakes for all their efforts which will not cost us anything unless you are paying monthly for the game and one of your Captains is inaccessible. at least it's not the ENTIRE community getting ripped off.

Don't get me wrong, this is a slight inconvenience for me as well but I could not be happier with Star Trek Online and this coming from an expert gamer with 2 decades of hardcore gaming experience. I currently play over 6 games on a daily basis.... DAILY. and none are as great as Star Trek Online. I mean seriously, Anyone know about a game better than STO? F2P, can exchange Dilithium for ZEN! New content, periodic EVENTS!

BTW get the Star Trek Online lifetime membership, It's a great deal! I personally love it!

Thank you STO and keep up the good work.:)

Barely a good comparison, EA has the worst online support in history.
    edited May 2013
    Want to play, what doooooo?!
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually 3 days seems the middle road some are saying 5 days and running. Given they have known about this issue going back to beta and given that they seem to not be able to do an easy fix. I think we are in for a long wait. It is just not effecting enough people, sure we are vocal but we are still a minority.
  • balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Actually it does have something to do with this thread. I mentioned that the screen displays 'server not responding' even though the server is responding while it is downloading data in the background to patch up.

If the server is not responding for you on a load screen it could very well be that a piece of data you are missing hasnt been put on your computer correctly for one reason or another and so a force verify may even correct this, all assuming you do have patch on demand disabled. Of course if patch on demand is enabled then that is even more of an issue since the servers are currently so laggy, especially the patch servers, that your data may not be downloading at all.

We have re installed multiple times, force verified and done every other suggestion known to man... none of them have worked. I do appreciate your help though, Truly. The frustration level is quite high at this point.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just find it frustrating as hell that here in the 21st century we have this problem. I would appreciate a update from cryptic every few hours to tell there customers that we are top priority and something will be done...
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • paulvbpaulvb Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, exciting news! I checked the integrity of the game files via steam (not the launcher) and found 4.6GB needed to be updated. HOPEFULLY this will give a fix, but I'd bet $10 that it wont do ****.

I post this to give at least some puny, pathetic shred of hope to all of you.

we'll see in about 40 mins I guess
  • zenobios2zenobios2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My brother got me into this game. He has little to no issues logging in or staying connected. I just started play but a week ago now i believe. He's a paid account. Im still free-ballin it for now. I guess if I pay for it my problems will go away? Hope they dont have to many headaches and long nights workin out the bugs.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a bunch of us in the same boat. I can't access my main character at all with about 1000 other ppl. Welcome to hell...
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    edited May 2013
    paulvb wrote: »
    Hey guys, exciting news! I checked the integrity of the game files via steam (not the launcher) and found 4.6GB needed to be updated. HOPEFULLY this will give a fix, but I'd bet $10 that it wont do ****.

I post this to give at least some puny, pathetic shred of hope to all of you.

we'll see in about 40 mins I guess

Progress report, i demand progress report!!!
  • aristotecharistotech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still locked out of my Romulan and still no real news from STO about this issue.
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woodrandy wrote: »
    ok. I hav e verified that 38.111.40.114 is a sever owned by Cryptic in Boston MA and that is as far as my tracert goes. It then ends up in a hop count that hits the max of 30, so the message is generated "Server not responding" as the client does not get a return message.

If I am at a cryptic server, why does it appear that the transmission is still trying to do somewhere and then it fails?
    Progress report, i demand progress report!!!

Bran has gone home for the holiday. We are left to a no play weekend
  • ginjahkingyginjahkingy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And still no Main fed.. 95% server not bla bla

some people happy to wait and play with alts and new roms
    but god dam it.. some of us wanted tio enjoy the new toys and missions on their bloody main toon.... which PW best fix and get it back safely

great launch PW
    maybe next time you should use that bloody test server and test this
    so things like this might get fixed before a launch
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, and I will note that I too am suffering this issue as well, the code for this game should be fairly vast, and it could be something as stupid as one wrong character typed in one place that causes a cascade of errors. Following that line of errors back to its source would be a massive task that would, in all likelihood, take days to track down.

Is the code vast? Probably. But this error is incredibly specific. It's character based and occurs at 94% loaded. So the first place to look is where those two factors intersect. Persisting through logout is also probably a hefty clue. It's not like they're just randomly selecting lines of code and hoping to find the error based on luck... I hope.
  • dantherulerdantheruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look it is important to take a breath walk away and get the proper perspective here. Our issue does not really effect the devs or most of the player base so it doesn't rank that high on their priority list. Their goal is to make sure most of their customers are happy and since there is just not that many of us it is not a pressesing issue. Lets just relax give them a few weeks and I am sure they will get around to it.
This discussion has been closed.