What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg come on i want to play sometime this century !!!!!! (today i mean )!!!!!
  • Options
    xvleonbxvleonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is broken. Can you make it go?
  • Options
    jamesmcalisterjamesmcalister Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeyj13 wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, the final boss of the internet has finally show up at Cryptic's HQ...
    Thanks, bro. Just spit water everywhere. Made my day.

10/10.

But no seriously what the hell cryptic
  • Options
    resurgent1resurgent1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never had this problem till the latest patch....it let me on, then when i switched chars i started to get the log in fails
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as for others saying to keep trying, thats fine and all but we shouldn't have to keep trying.

It JUST patched, and its down, honestly I don't complain much about anything but this isn't cool, no one should have to KEEP trying to log in.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    cabalsupremecabalsupreme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to log in last night just fine, now I am unable to login at all whatsoever. I hope pwe reads these things, I would really like to play now.
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost got in now. It kept stalling at retrieving maps. I got the safe login option, tried it. Didn't help. Right before I should be in game I get the "Login failed for unknown reason" message.
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Snap!!! Seems to be happening on a daily basis for me :(
  • Options
    teufelhunden0317teufelhunden0317 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, if this would have happened in the Corps, I'd have NJP'd your TRIBBLE for being a TRIBBLE up... seriously. What the hell takes you 2 and half hours to do, and you STILL jack it up. Hell, Hire me to do it...I have very little experience, I could at least do the same for less money.
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's baaaaack...
  • Options
    cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now I'm getting the "unknown reson" too as soon as I choose a character. Great job, guys. -.-
    pTTNy7x.png
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    congratulations cryptic... no allow me to rephrase that. Craptic.

You say you resolve one thing, but the same thing happens again. get a grip for god sake your company is failing by wasting resourses on neverwinter. how many people actually play that god awful excuse for a game anyway?
  • Options
    belomosbelomos Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here....Login failed for unknown reason......
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this as well. slow character selects and login failures. I logged on to my kdf fine to begin with. I tried switching to my Fed and now this.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    damac001damac001 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only I cannot log in but the website and forums seem to be running really slow also. I am getting the same message as everyone else and have tried at least 10 times already
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get to retrieving characters screen then it times out come on man!!! Why say the server is up when clearly it is not. Some players... lol Crytpic its a lot!
  • Options
    dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really again! Login in failed for unknown reason, you must be kidding me. If you guys don't know how not to break something then don't play around with it. This is just nothing but a joke at this time. I totally understand why everyone is a little PO'ed. You guys seem to break everything that you touch and at this point its just funny but yet very sad. If you are really this incompetent in your job, then maybe you should be looking for a new job. Get with it and do it right the first time. I understand that there will be issues when a game has new content, but I have never seen a MMO have this many issues every. Hurry up and fix what you have broken so the rest of us can enjoy the game and our time today. And don't say that you have resolved the issue if it hasn't been resolved, that's just stupid and dumb all rolled into one!!!
  • Options
    antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep yet again i get "Login failed for unknown reason"
    -
    Come on guys whats going on? servers came up at 8pm GMT/BST on 21st and i didn't get on till 11:20pm GMT/BST due to que and kicked out of game and this issue now. 22nd i spent 11 hours in que on and off for 30 minutes of game time. bought sub even though i was hoping to not have to till i bought lifers in 3-4 weeks. 23rd actually played the game with no issues at all and enjoyed everything about it besides not being able to delete mails in game. enjoyed playing till servers went down today and waited patiently till they came back up, it's now 18:11pm GMT/BST and i can't get in yet again because of this current error.
    -
    I for one would appreciate the ability to play a game which is pre-ordered, paid for quite some time, invested in cryptic points followed by zen, purchased the full Legacy pack and am purchasing the lifers soon.
    At least give subscribers and those who've purchased one of the packs something back for all this downtime, 100 zen a day for inability to play would do the job as it's a little less than what can be made dailly via dilithium exchange.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    ironclad321ironclad321 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just loaded the game after the shard maintenance now the game won't load or even log in with out saying disconnected from sever or log in failed for unknown reason and when it does load the game i only clicked the cross on a pop up and it said the server timed out what the TRIBBLE going on with this game its only been doing this since the most recent updates :mad:
  • Options
    raegnarrgaelraegnarrgael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also getting this error for the first time. Does anyone know if some people are making it online?
  • Options
    lomartaelomartae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just came back after a break because of this problem thought it might be fixed by now but hey look ... the very next day ... bam! log in failed again :mad:
  • Options
    cyberpenguin73cyberpenguin73 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If my department had server problems like you guys do we'd be out of a job so GD fast it wouldn't be funny. Do you guy do any type of testing or have servers with the last revision you can roll back to for god sake. :mad: You guys have naked pics of the Devs or something?
  • Options
    mendariemendarie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to take a long time for characters to load then I get an error about maps, it game me the option to use a "safe" map or a normal login. I choose safe..... didn't help.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh you've got to be kidding me...

Everything worked fine for me before the patch. All 9 of my characters were ok. Now, after the patch, I get an absurdly long loading of character selection screen, and I cannot load any of them because of the "login failed for an unknown reason".

Also, everything seems to work fine on tribble. No issues like this. I even copied one of my characters there just now and loaded it fine.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    zhiftfirezhiftfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue very annoying saying the maintance is going great and then it won't even start up
    way to go
  • Options
    sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also getting the Log in issue, I get all the way to the loading screen and I get the log in failed for unknown reason, hope it's fixed soon
  • Options
    kheldornkheldorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here. Yesterday i had no problem, but today after the patch it started.
    I only ever had it once or twice before and never continually over x tries. 2 Times i got to choose my char and (after a couple of minutes loading it) got to start the game but got booted out with the same error message.
    Most tries i just get kicked while loading the char list.
    Please fix the asap cryptic, it gets tiring to have server problems after so often after maintenance.
    In german we call that "verschlimmbessern"....

p.s.: i noticed both the hp and the forum are EXTREMELY slow at the moment. Loading the path was quite fast but forum/hp takes forever. Maybe even longer than right after the launch of the addon, which makes me wonder.
  • Options
    xonkersxonkers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I thought it was just me like I missed a patch or something...
  • Options
    todolocatodoloca Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well another mess up, before it ran like my old pickup truck, now i cant even get it in first gear, legacy of TRIBBLE up, its ok one of this days is going to run like my corvette, i hope.

same as every one else, cant get in.
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh...

can i haz my money back on months gold i got on weds? ill wait till stuff dies down and everything's fixed to level my toons... :(

we might have the solution to the problem by the way....

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1350073600/hEF5E4AAD/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
This discussion has been closed.