What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep on trying, it worked for me now, but each step took about 5 minutes (login, loading a character, retrieving list of maps).

EDIT: And after I wrote this, I got kicked again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apparently this is a widespread problem as none of my fleet can log in but the servers are still up. its almost like they are mocking us.. yes the servers are up but you cant get in.
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did not get this error the last time. The only error I had before was the liberated borg skill thingy since launch. I am a Romulan liberated borg subadmiral 1. Was in a an episode when the server went down today. I have the life subscription and the legacy pack. I was in my lvl commander legacy warbird, costumized to look as the D'deridex.
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • Options
    arbiterx51arbiterx51 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having this problem. I was able to log on once, I created a new character (Fed, spent about half an hour on him), went to load the first map when I was done, then got booted out. Now when I log in I get "Login Failed for unknown reason" message. Pressing support doesnt get you anywhere either.

After I closed everything down, I was able to log into the game from the Game Launcher, but my new toon i spent all that time creating was gone :mad:

I can appreciate a server being up or down, but when its supposed to be up, I want to be able to log into the game.
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disconnected from login server

2nd try: retrieving character list... login failed for unknown reason.

3rd try: Got character list. loaded slow. do you want safe login? yes login failed for unknown reasons.

4th try: retrieving character list... login failed for unknown reasons.

5th try: got character list. retrieving maps.... login failed for unknown reasons.
  • Options
    ntrikil1ntrikil1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after patching , i cant log into my characters.....sth seems to be broken...
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the sam message, "login failed for unknown reason". First time, i was loged on, and map started to loading, andthen this message. Now, every time i try to log in, i see "retrieving list of characters", and then after a min goes message "login failed for unknown reason". How much bugs more, test the patch first, then put into the game, omg.
    Xsara
  • Options
    guyquigguyquig Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, unkown login error.

You know I came back to this game recently because I had been enjoying Neverwinter, and was feeling warm and fuzzy about Cryptic (for the most part).

I remembered this game from launch and thinking: It has potential .

So far, in the week since I "Started playing again"
    -Was unable to log on for about three days to servers being full (which is pathetic in this day and age, really)
    -Working one day (which is not Cryptic's fault)
    -Servers down half of today
    -login error

I'm not even really angry, its so pathetic, and the only reason I consider checking back tomorrow is there's a real shortage of Space MMO's in the world and I just don't have time to play EVE
  • Options
    jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is so bogus!! Was working fine yesterday then they bring it down for maintance again(Hoping they would get the DAMN Mail bug fixed so to delete mail!!)and they mess it up again!! This is a frequent thing with Cryptic and I'm with the others.....You have all this money from players playing this game(Neverwinter, and Champions)and you guys can't even get a stable and reliable server. Man This just SUCKS!!!:mad:
  • Options
    uglyjimmyuglyjimmy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - login failed
    - website is very slow
    - this morning noticed that mail cannot be deleted and filters on pve queues are not working
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a ****ing joke.
  • Options
    sad02sad02 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this patch screwed everything up nothing is working now i think they need to go back and stp fixing every little thing they keep having more and more problems
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    Cryptic, any chance you can take a fraction of that huge amount of money you make and actually buy some stable servers? That'd be fantastic.

they can't do that....johnny fantastic who makes the tea wont get paid if you use his wages to purchase new servers.
  • Options
    bobkelso01bobkelso01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just tried getting on takes forever to load m character list and smame issue login failed due to unknown reason and this is right after the server maintanence ended at 11:45 central time its now 12:11 and niether me or m freind can get in so the abovve words in colr saying the issue is resovled bull TRIBBLE

***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error NOT FIXED
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great work criptic, awesome work. u always find away to bug the log in, u need to re do that work its failed.
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this issue AGAIN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steve1627steve1627 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Cryptic, now I cant log in.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time they bring the bloody thing down for maintenance it doesn't need maintaining, then after they've 'maintained' it, it stops working.

It was working fine three hours ago, now it's broken!

Thanks, Cryptic! -.-

I have an idea - LEAVE IT THE BLOODY HELL ALONE! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Issue is NOT resolved, thank you.

Login failed for unknown reason.
    Login sever timed out
    Login failed for unknown reason
    Login failed for unknown reason
    Login server timed out
    Login failed for unknown reason.........

Oh, there's a reason, you can bet there's a reason.....could it be....Satan!?
  • Options
    dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This also happened to me as well, tried 5 times in the past half-hour
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when you Cryptic janitors pretending to be devs.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    ensignswensonensignswenson Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the patch further broke the mail system too...might as well not be able to get mail on top of not being able to delete any...that way it all evens out.
  • Options
    jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double posted by accident.
  • Options
    stonut01stonut01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, they patch the servers friday morning pst, and now it's back to login failed. What do you spend the lockbox money on?
  • Options
    jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe, just maybe, the final boss of the internet has finally show up at Cryptic's HQ...

...and maybe that is why the site loads slowly, too.
  • Options
    sumnerussumnerus Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least you guys are getting the game, i cant get passed the little Auto update window and a locked file..
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get to retrieving characters screen then it times out come on man!!! Why say the server is up when clearly it is not.
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic, just take the legacy of romulus patch OUT and put the game back the way it was.
    put the legacy of romulus onto a private server and test it heavily for the love of god man.

your killing the game doing this, bank holiday weekend here in the UK and this again.
  • Options
    leestarkleestark Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sort your game out Cryptic. It's all going wrong you know. New comers to STO would have had enough already with all these errors. I'm being patient to a point where it is annoying now. Patch & is still going wrong lol! Get it together guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    geez perfect world the game was working before you brought it down for patching last night it was perfect and now it laggy as TRIBBLE and cant get in from a unknown reason makes me wonder if you getting off with TRIBBLE with us thank god it FTP dont think i would pay for it ever month with this service
This discussion has been closed.