What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. Same. Seems real slow pulling a toon list, then dies while loading a map (most of the time). I just tried again and it failed before pulling a character list.

Just tried yet again, died at map loading.
  • Options
    jamesmcalisterjamesmcalister Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't even have this trouble yesterday. This is the first time it's happened. :|
  • Options
    artemisfowl400artemisfowl400 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever I try to log in, it says "Retrieving Characters" then it does the login error.
  • Options
    natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, same old problems are back...way to go...
  • Options
    fawxsoulfawxsoul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another patch after being down for maintenance and yet again log-in failed for an unknown reason. Cryptic guys.. I love your game... it's quite fun, the Romulus thing seems interesting so far but for the love of Jesus and dead puppies quit fiddling with the log-in server!
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't experience this bug the first time it came around, but I am now post maintenance.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing is going on for me as well, also another issue and it seems the two maybe related the site is also moving very slow. I've went to other sites and they move from page to page just fine.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    erikthered907erikthered907 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess i'm in the "unknown reason" club finally!
    Dammit J'mpok! I'm a warrior... not a PETA tagger!
  • Options
    itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic, any chance you can take a fraction of that huge amount of money you make and actually buy some stable servers? That'd be fantastic.
  • Options
    therunn1therunn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem. You posted that this was fixed Cryptic...what gives? I have spent more time trying to login in the last 3 days then I have in actual game time. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was working fine for me the last 2 days, odds are since the servers went back up everyone is trying to log on at once, some USA schools are out too, so theres a lot more network traffic, but I think the login server just died from all the attention
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I should say I've not tried other toons, just Rommie, got to select my character and got into a loading screen this time before unknown reason error.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm gettin this now too. I really hope this gets fixed before the weekend.
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, way to go. I was going to say something funny but could not think of anything.:(

> > > Hi Captains. We're investigating the "login failed for an unknown reason" error some players are seeing at the login screen. < < <

Let's do the time warp AGAAAIIIIN
  • Options
    lost902003lost902003 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oops guess the login failed for unkown reason hasnt been resolved
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we seriously back to this again?
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    sumnerussumnerus Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been getting "a file was locked that could not be open for reading" all day.
    anyone else?
  • Options
    tuffyearstuffyears Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here :(
  • Options
    xvleonbxvleonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, way to go. I was going to say something funny but could not think of anything.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmGvYDLsj4
  • Options
    bloodymanuelbloodymanuel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This (along with the lock box racket) is one of the things that bugs me most about cryptic. I have never seen a company that breaks their game with patches as consistently as cryptic.
  • Options
    feralwhoknowsferalwhoknows Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love STO when i get to play it.
    But just lately i have had to sit out of play for about 3 full days. since the expansion and as a monthly subscriber, it isn't good enough.

Close to quitting now
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of the STO sites are running slow for me, but nothing else... as well. Other PWE sites, such as Neverwinter, are running fine though.
  • Options
    gartersnakegartersnake Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue now. I have never had this error before or any other difficulty at log-in or staying on. They really dropped the ball today especially since they extended the maintenance an extra 45 minutes.
  • Options
    shulauhshulauh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once again i see pwe making an update and then game is bugged .... logging failed for an unknown reason .......... good job PWE .... just like ur game u destroyed sometime ago that was called heroes of three kingdom , patch = more bugs , another patch = another load of bugs ........................................................................................ cant you do something without breaking something? >_>:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So patch takes an hour longer yet its still nerfed, better to release it not working than working at all?

Come on guys, you obviously know there is a problem, why not fix it the first time?
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, I'd like to say this surprises me I mean wasn't this a STABILITY patch (oh the irony).. but this many years in this is just par for the course.

I login, retrieving character is incredibly slow, i hit play it says Retrieving maps them BOOM it hits me with the unable to login for unknown reason and dumps me back to login.

What are you going to give us by way of an apology this time i mean all these apology tribbles are filling up my bank :P
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also getting the error. Usually, it's when retrieving the list of characters.
    The last time, it was after selecting a character, and trying to load a map.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay Login Failed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep on trying, it worked for me now, but each step took about 5 minutes (login, loading a character, retrieving list of maps).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    paul85939paul85939 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having the same trubel all thats having it isgest sinding in tikets on the support so they have a better idea of how wied spred the preblome is
This discussion has been closed.