Login failed for an unknown reason [Resolved!]

Comments

• irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    not resolved, try again.

Having this problem for the first time.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here

:(
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. First can't find character list and disconnect then "Login Failed for an Unknown Reason".
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeppers...same here :( ***sigh***
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So before patch never got a single login error, could seamlessly switch from one toon to another. Now I can't even get in. Nice patch. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right Freaking Again Craptic I See. Was Working Fine Last Nite And You Go An TRIBBLE It Up Yet Again!!!! No Wonder Everyone Is Po'ed This Is Un Freaking Real
    And I For One Am Beyond And I Repeat Beyond Po'ed!!!!!
  • voidsirenvoidsiren Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here

GG cryptic GG.........
  • jissinjissin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto. I am experiencing the same error.
    bevrast wrote: »
    First I couldn't get retrieve the character list and the connection timed out. Now it says login failed for unknown reason.
  • jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got all the way to it loading the map....and boom same problem as you all "Login Failed for Unknown Reason"!!
  • jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the server has come back up, this is all I have seen upon attempting to login, aside from a very long and laggy attempt to load my characters.
  • grievousbeegrievousbee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here.

No problems yesterday but there has been an update since which seems to have broken things.

So who forgot to feed the hampsters this time?? :P
  • wolfknight266wolfknight266 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are only three things in life you can be sure about, Death, Taxes and STO not working

login failed for unknown reason is back

nice job
  • imac1970imac1970 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it's back again!
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login failed for unknown reason. Also my first time experiencing this.
  • xvleonbxvleonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • kr0nolinkkr0nolink Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    resolved issues, really???

:mad:
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much for maintenance. I can't get in either.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • irgiirgi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it seems it got fixed but then broke again I to am getting the unknown reason error when logging in.
  • jamesmcalisterjamesmcalister Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing is happening to me. I got to where it was loading the map at one point, then it said 'Login failed for unknown reason.' I tried to do a Safe Login, it failed for the same reason.

What the Hell, guys.
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can login but it just hangs on "Retrieving list of characters" then boots me out again

and these forums are very very slow to load
  • diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had that error on the first day of the expansion. It's back again as of the latest patch. Five attempts to login in ... all with "login failed for unknown reason" <sigh>
    "I am .. the storm that rains devastaton on our foes."
  • jeyj13jeyj13 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* I got the "Login failed for unknown reason" again today. I really like this game, and I understand that a big release takes alot of effort to fix, but how on Earth did this problem come back? Anyway, I'm sure it will be resolved again eventually. Until then, they might want to remove that from the "Resolved Issues".
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was starting to miss "login failed for an unknown reason" good to see it's back...
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was the objective of the patch to take us back into time?

Login failure due to an unknown error... is back.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was having it post-character select, then pre-character select, have a friend get in first time, another who got in then booted. Got to my character select again... retrieving list of maps... Login failed for unknown reason.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise. I'm also finding the forum to be quite slow to respond too.

(Other sites are fine though, in case you think it's related to my connection.)
  • raw030raw030 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday (5/22/2013) after the patch, I was able to play for a while and leveled up to 20. After visiting New Romulus to receive my new ship I started having problems. Just as soon as I placed my bridge officers into their slots and trained them I beamed to my new ship. At 94.1% loaded the server became unresponsive "server not responding". I didn?t think anything of it until it hit 150 seconds. At that time I decided to get up take a quick Bio-Break and then grab a bite to eat (after washing my hands of course). When I returned to my computer the loading screen was still at 94.1% and the server was unresponsive for 1300 seconds. I then shut down the game well. Today (5/23/2013) when I logged into my Federation Character I had no probs. After doing my dailies it was time to continue leveling my Romulan. When I switched over to my Romulan character the loading screen became unresponsive at 91.1% and lasted for 6400 seconds. I talked with a fleet mate and his level 50 Federation toon was having the same problem and his hit 9000+ seconds. What is going on?? This is not only happening to the Romulan toons. Fleet mates toon was a Federation. We have put in for both GM help and Bug report. The Admins are closing out the report tickets and saying that the issue is fixed but there not fixed. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and patches but the issue remains. It is not on our ends..
    Thank you for listening to me vent for I am at a loss?if anyone know what to do please help.
  • shehchaoshehchao Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh no.....Not again.... I can't login....
  • moonwater2moonwater2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, after patch and server live login timed out before character select screen. Tried again got to character screen and then "failed for unknown reason" came up. Tried again and timed out again. Guess they need more maint :rolleyes:
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not loading characters, not retrieving maps, timeout on login server:mad: 5 days already is Cryptic themselves spoiling our fun. Head on the chopping block and off with it.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
This discussion has been closed.