Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• doktorrenzdoktorrenz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get the same message from Support.... :/
  • captcjmaxwellcaptcjmaxwell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arrowdash wrote: »
    I think all of us who have characters caught in this map loading/server not responding bug should get a special character title of "The Next Phase"...

When I finally get past the screen first thing I'm going to say is "The Enterprise! I bet old Jim Kirk himself hauled her out of mothballs to come look for me!"

OT: Still stuck...
  • morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome I am not alone on this Cryptic please help us these are main characters and need it back.
  • damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    130523 18:08:42 16 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link attempting connect (208.95.184.88:7355).
    130523 18:08:42 17 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link connected (208.95.184.88:7355).
    130523 18:08:48 18 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link unresponsive for more than 5 seconds.

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient\Clientservercomm.txt

anyone have similar logs ?
  • traxus00traxus00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have got the same problem. :( Well, lets hope it is fixed soon.
  • xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Day 3 and same problem after waiting in the Queue for 1 hour an 20 minutes..:mad:, but I can still play my Klingon character with moderate server issues, still get timed out occasionally. And I don't believe it is location specific. Only original character specific, because it seem not everyone was in the same area when the problem started. I was loading in to the Hromi Cluster when it started for me.
  • arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious when this happened to everyones characters. It happened to mine on Tuesday night around 9:45 pacific time. If its continuing to happen, that could be something more serious.
    edited May 2013
    How many of you have a main character that is stuck in a loading screen between 94 and 98 percent, I am trying to get a feel for how big the problem is.. Sound off..
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot lg into my romulan toon because i keep getting the server not responding error after i just reached centurion level, claimed ship and tried to beam into space. Any help please? Also tried the safe Mode option via launcher and no success
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main is stuck.

She is only level 10 and I am being stupid about not playing her and should remake her but I have blue items on her and have just started so I don't want to remake just invaded I end up with junk.

Plus she has her name and I don't want a random name or anything else Lol
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
    edited May 2013
    Mine is a new character, but I had just transferred about 4 million ec and a rechargeable shields battery worth 89 million ec onto the character before getting stuck in map transition limbo.
  • outsider1580outsider1580 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will add myself to this list, 3 days later and I still cant get past my 94% load screen.
    edited May 2013
    knerdy wrote: »
    I think it is an issue is too many people on the server and it causing issues..

I been trying for an hour..it finally lets me in to only report "SERVER NOT RESPONDING...tick tick tick"

Not exactly, I can play my Klingon or Romulan character. But If I try to login to my original Fed Character's last map location I get an infinite "server not responding", and I say that because I let it not respond for 20 minutes, and counting when I finally had to manually close the game. And I tried this more than once. Even after an 1 hr 20 min. queue.
    edited May 2013
    morden2 wrote: »
    How many of you have a main character that is stuck in a loading screen between 94 and 98 percent, I am trying to get a feel for how big the problem is.. Sound off..

I strted a similiar post in the tech section of this forum with amy replies, and a few support tickets sent. As I have also sent.
    So if I answered your question? Yes this is a big problem in my opoinion
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I havnt played one second of LOR yet. I finally got it fully patched on launch day. But after reading this thread, Im afraid to come back, I dont want my captain suddenly sucked out of his bridge forever lost in space to some Cryptic bug monster. I'll wait till this is resolved till I dare sign in.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • sheymosheymo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, have same problem here. main fed alt stuck with server not responding at 94.14. New rom alt works normaly.

interestingly, since i am not able anymore to login with this alt, there's my first uniform model displayed at the login screen, not the one which i used before logoff and which was displayed before.

i keep the finger crossed that this only temporary, miss my fleetmates ;P
  • woodrandywoodrandy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all;

This is a complex issue involving services that are timed and data drawn from a huge database. I am frustrated, too, as it has affected the character I have spent the most time/money on.

Degging code can be a laborious process, and the fix may lie in some subtlty that is not readily visible based on our observations. It could be in hardware or software. As much as I wann jump on and blast away, I need to give these guys some time to work through the entrails to find the issue before it can be corrected.

I know it's tough, but given the complexity of this game, it could take a while to resolve.

Thank you, Brandon, for working on the issue!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Admiral Randy Wood (UFP) - 1st Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Womek (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Renan Wartok (RR) - Temporal Operations Group
    Admiral Raynal Waton (UFP) - Temporal Operations Group
    General Kragh (KDF) - House of Ta'al
    edited May 2013
    No one's blasting. In fact, this thread has been pretty mild mannered considering there are people here with hundreds of dollars tied up in characters they can't access.
  • gylobalgylobal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this too. Since Tuesday.
    Tried the suggested and still stuck at 94.4%.
    edited May 2013
    No one's blasting. In fact, this thread has been pretty mild mannered considering there are people here with hundreds of dollars tied up in characters they can't access.

Yes that it.. And not hundreds think bigger.. I need this fixed.. :)
  • samseabornsamseaborn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 days now.

I'm used to the odd glitch post-patch (odd as that seems to say), but this is getting ridiculous :/
    edited May 2013
    morden2 wrote: »
    Yes that it.. And not hundreds think bigger.. I need this fixed.. :)

That gives me heartburn just thinking about it.
  • cryox1cryox1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This problem is now over 12 hours old and it is not limited to Romulan characters.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702211
    edited May 2013
    cryox1 wrote: »
    This problem is now over 12 hours old and it is not limited to Romulan characters.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702211

Try 48 hours. Happened to me on Tuesday night. It was most likely introduced with the new code of LOR.
  • jewgunmanjewgunman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just made level 10 in my rom/fed toon and then went to beam to my NEW ship and now i'm stuck in loading and unresponsive server land. :confused:
  • snydergatesnydergate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happen to me a second ago. I reached level 10 and bought my ship and as I was going to it, the server stopped responding. And ever worse when I went to ship customization to see if I had the ship at all, I couldn't see it. WTF?
    edited May 2013
    Try 48 hours. Happened to me on Tuesday night. It was most likely introduced with the new code of LOR.

I wish it was only Romulan.. Then I would not be so worried.. I could delete and rebuild that.. This my main Fed. :(
    edited May 2013
    kreuge wrote: »
    My fed alien tac was beaming up to ship when "server not responding" started. It will not time out. I left it for almost an hour to see what would happen and "server not responding" continues.

I have same Problem we need to push them to fix .. Its my Fed also..
    edited May 2013
    Brandon -

If you're monitoring this thread can you please provide an update or ETA for a fix?
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jcdios wrote: »
    the same here..I even unistalled and reinstalled the game twice. I can see my character ,I select it and then the numbers up on the rigth hand side get stuck in 94.04 , Im bloody pissed off its been like this for two days, i did complain, there is no suitable answer tough.

Having the same problem with my main Fed toon, beams up and get stuck in the 94.04 loop.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.