test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First: Talk to me with more respect.

Second: There is a EULA, but no contract goes above current law.

Third: Cryptic/PW didn't specified a SLA in the EULA.

And... seems they are trying to force us in buying a Gold SB or LTS.

Reading comprehension, it's a thing now.

18. Interruption of Service

• (a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    • (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    • (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    • (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).

I would highlight the relevant parts, but the whole thing is relevant.
    Source: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Go read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not for a couple hours there isn't
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i spent quite a bit on zen the last few months. not a dime more till there is no queues for me.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is like the Woodstock of 1st world problems.

Still better than Third World Problems.....;)
  • captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure ,

Wash rise and repeat Cryptic & PWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we know who is the real boss, the cheep TRIBBLE Bean counters!
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I can get lucky again and slip in under the queue once the emergency maintenance is done.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance again? Funny it was exactly the same time last night. Not that I can actually get in since its currently not worth the effort.

Given all the current strife I think I know how Khan would best describe the situation.

You players are in a position to demand nothing. Cryptic Studios on the other hand are in position to grant nothing. What you see is all that remains of the Star Trek Online community marooned on these forums May 2013 by Legacy of Romulus update.

:D Sorry but if I take any of this stuff too seriously it will send me completely round the twist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • lordhallslordhalls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was going to start playing this game again but it is a wast of time. Huge log in ques?? really!!!!! FIX IT. I was going to buy the founders pack. Not going to wast my cash on this. Thank you for what was a great game. Good luck.
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure ,

Wash rise and repeat Cryptic & PWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we know who is the real boss, the cheep TRIBBLE Bean counters!

Welcome to the world of modern business. This is the kind of thing I have to deal with every day at work. Now I get to deal with it here.

Oh well, at least my chair is comfy and I don't have to put up my coworkers :cool:
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • dozingdawgdozingdawg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fan rag building....

Can't stop the beast of.... rag...

It most get ou..... AAHHHH.

Ok I'm good now.
    Quityerbellyachin'
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordhalls wrote: »
    Well I was going to start playing this game again but it is a wast of time. Huge log in ques?? really!!!!! FIX IT. I was going to buy the founders pack. Not going to wast my cash on this. Thank you for what was a great game. Good luck.

hmmm, join date May 2013, number of posts = 1

Sorry, I'm not buying that you are a 'returning player' dude.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • glitchuser172glitchuser172 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its been fun...ish watching these posts up till now and i thought. "eh what the hell" and ive decided to throw my hat in into the forums blood and rage soaked ring.

okay lets get something strait off the bat. this queue is unpleasant to the point of sucking a whole lot and that's putting it nicely.

few things though. first off. and the one i don't think any of us wish to talk about. for them to "REALLY" knuckle down and fix this probably. they would probably have to shut everything down....for a while like maybe a week...or more. the problematic A. we would complain endlessly. and more importantly B. they would money and its just not monetarily viable for them to have this game down for that amount of time. they "NEED" us. if they dont have the game up. they don't make money. if they don't have money they cant buy the things they need to fix the game or pay the people whose job it is to fix the game. long story short as much as we hate it they aren't doing too much better.

for starters. they effectively stuck putting band-aids on everything as that's about all they can do while the servers are up. no massive overhauls or plugging and programing new servers can be done while the game is up. its like trying to fix a car that's still runing...there only so much you can do while its on. the second they turn the game off...its a balls to the wall race to keep the fix to time and cost ratio more more or less even

however. i also see this problem as ultimately being short. effectively the damage control and the unseen bugs and problems that always show up right when you think things have gone without a hitch. so in the grand scope this is a speed bump that's poured boiling coffee on our collective laps. annoying and painful as all hell at the moment but in a week or so barely a blip on our memory.

so in other words. dont panic...also dont rush to get a gold as lets face it....you wont need it once the kinks have been ironed out in a week or so
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just checkout some gameblogs.

They r laughing to us,Cryptic and PWE...

I don't know what u think guys but this is goin really legend epic fail on MMO history...
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I want to clarify this.I have spent over $400 in Zen more so than a lifetime sub has spent.What makes them so special than rhose who have spent Zen on other PW games.I have spent a lot in PWI.I knew both eatwithpsoons and frankieraye really well Dvorak.

I have spent over $400+ just to be considered a no one.

What makes them so special afterall this is PW game not Cyrptic game.

Don't delete this post as I want some answers being PW customer for 5 years now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with login queues in the thousands like they are and its no wonder. new trek movie got people attention, new game inner working LoR, summer time lotts of kids home all day. all just add up to long lines.

maybe its time to think about shards. other large online games have servers dedicated to areas. like Europe Asia north America or what ever.

im sure the waits will decrease in a short time but if they continue this will probably end up happening. and I can imagine the firestorm from current players about it. but which is better ?
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a theory. This whole queue thing may very well be done intentionally, in attempt to forcefully coax players into paying for a gold membership or lifetime so they don't have to wait in these unbelievable unheard of queues. In fact, when you think about how ridiculous the queuing is, this scenario is a lot more likely than anything else.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this, not even on games with 5 times the player-base population.

May be some grounds for an investigation into this queue fiasco.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a theory. This whole queue thing may very well be done intentionally, in attempt to forcefully coax players into paying for a gold membership or lifetime so they don't have to wait in these unbelievable unheard of queues. In fact, when you think about how ridiculous the queuing is, this scenario is a lot more likely than anything else.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this, not even on games with 5 times the player-base population.

To be honest when I first read a similar theory to this yesterday I thought it was just conspiracy nonsense but the more I think about it I think theres a great deal of truth in it. A server that can't handle 20,000 people at a time, I think theres something very fishy going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

While I share your frustration at the login queues, I think it is rather silly to suggest that Cryptic would intentionally do this as it is much more likely to alienate potential customers rather than encourage them.

As for investigating what the causes and solutions are to this situation, I suspect that PWE will be the first ones to start asking questions. After all, this is a business, designed to earn them money, and anything that threatens their income will be a top priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • mallory2kxmallory2kx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spend 2 dam hours waiting to get into the friggin game and WHAM!! hit with another maintenance, heres an idea...BEEF UP YOUR STUPID SERVERS NEW SERVERS LESS QUEING, i paid for the legacy pack i shouldnt have to wait to log in by queing up.
  • admiralwolfadmiralwolf Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solonite wrote: »
    It does seem a bit cheap that lifers/gold members get shortcut to front of queue. No offense I get that you pay or have paid money into the game but so have I, as a lapsed gold member I bought the digital deluxe a couple of years ago spent over a year paying sub.

I have bought stuff off C-store and will continue to do so. So lifers who have a bigger pocket when the game was launched get priorty loging where as I have sat at a 23,000 queue for an hour and now I am at 5900 position.

I get you spent money and continue to do so but don't think for one second cause that this game is F2P that everyone who plays hasn't spent a penny in the game (some have but not all)

Cryptic/Perfect World I am really happy that this game is finally getting the players that it should do with the expansion cause these queues mean a lot of people are playing the game which is great as I have stood by this game and recommend to others for a long time, but please sort these queues out either by a second server or increase server popultion because people what stay around long if it's 1+ hr's queue's to get in.

I've been here since December 1, 2009; in Beta, long before opening day in early 2010. Having said that, any reasonable person would accept that I am somewhat experienced with respect to STO. During my 3+ years here, up until free to play came along, I paid a monthly subscription of $14. I discontinued paying for one reason, after Imperfect World became involved in STO; previous to F2P, I quickly began seeing changes in STO that were certainly not "improvements". Continuing to pay a monthly subscription defied common sense in the extreme; given the extremely poor performance of the game and absolute lack of planning by PWE/Cryptic as a team.

Prior to PWE?s involvement with Cryptic/STO, not once; in nearly 3 years by that point, did I ever see servers freezing up or a server disconnect. I am pro-F2P; given the state of the world's economy. A great many people simply can't afford the monthly subscription price and I wouldn?t ever wish to deny anyone access to STO; which in my humble estimation is a great game. However, with the advent of PWE?s involvement in STO and subsequent to F2P, the game has gone to the dogs. In recent months, the game itself has become virtually unplayable due to frequent server freezes and disconnects which affect all players far too often.

Yes, there has been an immense diversification with respect to content as well as accessibility to the game itself, for which I applaud the powers that be. But, extremely poor planning and preparations; with respect to that diversification, has become chronic, indeed endemic. Currently, players are subjected to an unbelievably long wait time just to get into the game (typically in excess of one hour) by virtue of a newly added login server queue. Having experienced this excessive delay three times myself today, within minutes of actually entering the game and having access, all three times I encountered "Server not responding" messages, followed by a server disconnect.

Speaking as a veteran of two decades being heavily involved in computing; both hardware and software, to say that PWE/Cryptic has failed to plan both recent past and current/ongoing changes to the game itself, is a huge masterpiece of understatement. The word failure; even when modified by the adjectives absolute, complete or even miserable, only begins to define how badly today the ball has been dropped by PWE/Cryptic.

It is now to the powers that be; so to speak, that I speak directly. You are ruining this game! Your failures to plan for and implement the requisite tools; software and hardware, necessary for the successful operation of STO; had they taken place in real world business environments, would have seen you go out of business months ago.

Once upon a time this was the best MMO out there and with respect to (only) "content", it still is the best. But you people have failed miserably and in many ways, as is continually demonstrated over a period of many months, by incessant and repetitive server freezes and disconnects, now compounded by this logon queue being forced upon we the players as a direct result of your negligence with respect to planning and preparations.

Speaking as an individual with a Masters degree in electronics engineering and two decades of experience in telecommunications/computing/systems programming/technical hardware engineering and maintenance, you people should be ashamed of yourself for what you're doing to a loyal gaming community who happens to love STO. If you're not careful, you're going to kill this game completely.

When someone who has been here as long as I have begins to seriously consider STO as being a total waste of time, that should be a true barometer of your complete failures with respect to the game. I hope sometime soon you get your acts together. Sadly, from what I've seen in recent months, I genuinely doubt you will.
  • isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know whats really funny. I just signed up for LTS during the sales and until I did I had never even seen a queue. LOL.
  • namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joshuar702 wrote: »
    Is there a place in game where I can buy premium ships?

Remember what I said earlier about Cryptic/PWE getting new LTS and subbies -and- people still buying from the store so this fake que wont hurt them over all? ....

There's your sign.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I share your frustration at the login queues, I think it is rather silly to suggest that Cryptic would intentionally do this as it is much more likely to alienate potential customers rather than encourage them.

As for investigating what the causes and solutions are to this situation, I suspect that PWE will be the first ones to start asking questions. After all, this is a business, designed to earn them money, and anything that threatens their income will be a top priority.

The funny part is, it's actually not silly at all. In fact, there is a high enough level of probability to it, to not rule it out.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    I want to clarify this.I have spent over $400 in Zen more so than a lifetime sub has spent.What makes them so special than rhose who have spent Zen on other PW games.I have spent a lot in PWI.I knew both eatwithpsoons and frankieraye really well Dvorak.

Don't delete this post as I want some answers being PW customer for 5 years now.

what makes them special is lts buyers temporarily inflate earnings, and lts + subs inflate player base....but of course this is all old style mmo economics. back when subs mattered.

lts is a one shot, 15 a month sub barely pays for 2 hours of min wage. what makes cryprtic money isn't the lts or the subs, it's people buying and selling, dil conversion to zen and back, zen conversion to EC.

some very old people handling the business side of cryptic who don't yet have a clue. they're still stuck in the old model of doing business in an mmo. withoutthe silvers, less gold and lts would play, why? no one to make them rich. as a sub or lts why both grinding out dil or EC when you can sell zen? you get a stipend, worth quite a bit. but, if there's no one to buy...you're SOL.

lts and subs look good on paper, to people they answer to, 'we're doing GREAT we have TRIBBLE of these dedicated to our game' problem is, they tend to generate less cash overall than silvers. just because of how cryptics built the in game economy...someone has to grind for those that have more money than time. without them they habe no one to sell to and must grind themselves...yeah, that ain't happening.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Starting in 2 min there will be NO more Q's!!!

Of course the game will be offline - but still.
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    age03 wrote: »

So...What's now guys? I'm spend some almost same amount too.I'm not gold member too but is it enough to deserve wait longer at queue list? I can accept gold mambers gets in game some extra items-abilities etc etc but ''IN GAME''.

So wtf to gold members queue to faster log in the game?
  • itchielitchiel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited 3hours in queue and guess what? They never fixed the loading hangup after charracter sellection. *facepalm.

I know there's a downtime comming but you guys really need to actually fix this issue. Waiting so long just to find out it doesn't even work is extremely frustrating. Especially since I paid $50 for the Kumari line the night before LoR was released and haven't even been able to play it. Talk about regrets, lol.
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bwahahahahahahaha

3+ hr wait to get in then 17 minutes later they take the shard down for maintenance.

Bye bye STO

That was the last straw.
  • innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come pwi/pwe get your chit together waiting 2 hours to get in 15 mins of play due to another maint ? this is bs , your already loosing sub hour by hour and day by day , PC gamer already is writting a bad review , so get with the program already.