test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    joshuar702joshuar702 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New player here, I literally downloaded the game on Monday, if these queues are the normal I can't see how Star Trek Online expects to attract new customers. I've been in a queue for well over an hour now. I will probably uninstall if I don't get in in the next 15 minutes. I hope for the sake of the games future they developers take this very serious. I can only imagine how many other potential new customers they are losing because of this.

Also the Cstore doesn't seem to be working for me either, I tried to purchase one of the premium tier 1 ships, and just get an error. I get an error no matter what I try and buy in the store.

Not being able to make my own posts in the tech support section is a major issue as well.

Does anything in this game work?
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still, I have 4 family guy episodes I can watch while I am waiting to connect....
  • Options
    xzeoxxzeox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinda wanted to play. Ill go play Defiance for the time then.
  • Options
    galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before throwing all of your pacifiers and fluffy penguin soft toys from your perambulator, it may be wise to read the EULA, specifically that part which pertains to access to the gaming servers.

It may also be wise to research the laws pertaining to online content and its availability. I am certain that there are guidelines specifying what a reasonable amount of "downtime" or lack of access to a service actually is. If and only if Cryptic/PWE fail to provide access to their service within that time could they ever possibly be held accountable under any known law.

Until then, hold on to your pacifiers and fluffy penguin soft toys, you may need their support, because you sure won't find much here.

First: Talk to me with more respect.

Second: There is a EULA, but no contract goes above current law.

Third: Cryptic/PW didn't specified a SLA in the EULA.

And... seems they are trying to force us in buying a Gold SB or LTS.
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm get gold to skip Queue's good idea but what if everyone got gold you would still have to wait for the other gold users to enter first there will always be a queue until cryptic get more servers to deal with the flood of players gold or not

I've got a theory. This whole queue thing may very well be done intentionally, in attempt to forcefully coax players into paying for a gold membership or lifetime so they don't have to wait in these unbelievable unheard of queues. In fact, when you think about how ridiculous the queuing is, this scenario is a lot more likely than anything else.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this, not even on games with 5 times the player-base population.

May be some grounds for an investigation into this queue fiasco.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    andrew0182andrew0182 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh so fun :(
    was in a 24k que few hr ago got down to 10k disconnected so went onto wow came off got back on sto got in an 18k que got to 5k disconnected what fun :(

please get more servers lol
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    On a serious, non joking note ^this. I dont doubt that this is a scam to get people to sub/lts ala neverwinter, but it does make me less willing to fork over 50$ on a new ship knowing that they are going to do stuff like this.

This isnt my only mmo, and no I aint going to "rage quit" (seeing as again, this wont be an issue in less then a week) but it DOES dampen my willingness to buy stuff from the c store with real money because of these ques.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know, cryptic gives not a single feth about my comments :P I'm just saying it to put it out there.)

QFT.

The thing is, the real money in a game such as this is impulse buying, ie. master keys from the C-store for those Tal Shi'ar lock boxes. But, since we can't do that while we're twiddling our thumbs in a virtual line-up...

Cryptic's kinda shooting themselves in the foot with a rocket launcher ;)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    zamuro10zamuro10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a silver user, have been playing for more than 4 months now, love the game, and have spent almost 400 us$ in the c-store, this waiting in the queue since yesterday is really kicking the love out of me, specially since i get back from work and play this mmo as, to be sincere my anti stress, and haven`t been able to do it, can`t wait 4 hours to access the game, that said, I will try to be patient but this is not what I expected with the new expansion, and I really hope a solution is found, was really thinking about going gold but really not this way and not just to be able to access the game .. this should have been thought before. And lets be sincere most of the new users getting in with this new expansion, after this queue issue will probably not come back, and some of the players that have come to enjoy and appreciate the game might not do it either..
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is will my new T-shirt picture...

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5386/logv.jpg
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    denmo wrote: »
    Someone needs to fix this..... Never had to wait before this expansion.

And how'd you manage that?

-headdesk-
  • Options
    cyadracyadra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll go see the movie instead of waiting in the queue..

oh wait that sucks too.
  • Options
    electroesper1electroesper1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And how'd you manage that?

-headdesk-

Maybe he never come to the forum before but still played the game?
  • Options
    namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    That's the thing they want people in the game because that's how they make money. There's a lot of gibberish about gold subscribers and queues. The fact is they make a lot from players that are buying master keys on the exchange for ec (and other zen store items). They also make money from the zen/dil exchange. For both of these things to happen players need to be on the server.

For players that have been around for a while you can easily go through more masterkeys per month than what a $15 subscription (or whatever) will get you.

And they know the vast majority of them, unlike myself, will continue to do it when the ques magically vanish. Come on, we ALL know a lot of people will *****, moan, and then in a week still throw down that money. And Cryptic/pwe will have those new subbies and lifers giving them money /and/ buying from the store.

It's a scam, and we all known it. (The que I mean)

Is it going to keep me from playing? No. Is it going to keep me from buying as much cstore [stuff] and zen? Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • Options
    slider5634slider5634 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just got to throw this out there...

While I do consider this to be a huge inconvenience, I'm not upset in the least. Working in IT, people need to understand that sometimes things go massively wrong despite taking precautions to prevent things like this. Players, please notice that this happened directly after a shard update downtime and then an almost immediately following emergency downtime. Obviously an unexpected problem arose during the update/maint that they didn't forsee. I've great faith that they are indeed doing everything to get this fixed ASAP.

So, as a voice of reason in a sea of torches and pitchforks, I'd like to thank Brandon and the team for working to get this corrected as quickly as humanly possible. God knows being an IT pro can be a thankless job (especially when the masses are trying to beat down the door and have you hung for something completely out of your control).
  • Options
    jasperblaster696jasperblaster696 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just fix this bs. I got back IN qeue again, and it's been another 4 hour wait. where's the gd priority again?
  • Options
    aur7aur7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Would that be the short queue of 23k people?
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joshuar702 wrote: »
    New player here, I literally downloaded the game on Monday, if these queues are the normal I can't see how Star Trek Online expects to attract new customers. I've been in a queue for well over an hour now. I will probably uninstall if I don't get in in the next 15 minutes. I hope for the sake of the games future they developers take this very serious. I can only imagine how many other potential new customers they are losing because of this.

Also the Cstore doesn't seem to be working for me either, I tried to purchase one of the premium tier 1 ships, and just get an error. I get an error no matter what I try and buy in the store.

Not being able to make my own posts in the tech support section is a major issue as well.

Does anything in this game work?

No chance of getting on in 15minutes, also wouldnt waste your money ona tier 1 ship, tier 5 when your admiral yes but not before. Thats my opinion..

As for ques they only apepared today, but i stopped spending because of game bugs and server matience every other day and now i get lag and unable to log in lol

@ur7r was past 25k when i checked.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    I've got a theory. This whole queue thing may very well be done intentionally, in attempt to forcefully coax players into paying for a gold membership or lifetime so they don't have to wait in these unbelievable unheard of queues. In fact, when you think about how ridiculous the queuing is, this scenario is a lot more likely than anything else.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this, not even on games with 5 times the player-base population.

May be some grounds for an investigation into this queue fiasco.

The qeue and recent outages stopped me from subscribing. neverwinter was released in open beta, downtime everyday for a week just about. LOR open beta more downtime. Now LOR released and even more downtime and long qeue to play We are nmot even touching the acceptable downtime for patch and maintain. Sorry that is more downtime than i am willing to pay for and I already paid them more this month than a subscription would have cost me, but i got a ship the subscription wouldnt have gotten me until 4 monthes of stipend would pay for it. But in a couple weeks i couldve ground enough EC to get it and wouldve still been faster

For myself, proven reliable service will get me to subscribe not the complete opposite.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okayy. Right 12323 out of 12898 and growing. Fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play,

I wish my [censored] was "short" like your queue... :D
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive just got in after waiting in a 16,000 plus Q, I wonder how long i will be before im booted and in the Q again!!!!
  • Options
    cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish my [censored] was "short" like your queue... :D

Yeh, you could tickle your beloved from a few towns over if that was the case...
  • Options
    doctorbeckettdoctorbeckett Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a new player, looking into if I like STO, and evaluating the game, the ques are not desirable at all. Please up the server population caps....
  • Options
    scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is like the Woodstock of 1st world problems.
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GDit!!!!!!!!!!! 45 minutes to get into the fkn game to do mining event. On for about 3 minutes. Go get a drink. Come back to being fkn booted. This is too stupid to even try and continue playing!
    Wonderful expansion going to hell due to lack of insight on PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cr4ckf0x wrote: »
    Yeh, you could tickle your beloved from a few towns over if that was the case...

I know, right? But imagine finding pants to fit... :cool:
  • Options
    icerider1963icerider1963 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    login queues? really? Infrastructure is cheap compared to player attitude and lost revenue due to said attitude. I haven't bumped a queue on a game in 3 yrs. Way to go Cryptic, is this nostalgia week?
  • Options
    jengofett649jengofett649 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those of you waiting to get in DO NOT BOTHER!!!!

i JUST got in and the servers are going down in 30mins for maintenance....
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time, but our computers are working fine. Y'all are missing out, the new parts are sweet! :: evil laugh ::
  • Options
    manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you freaking serious, Cryptic? I just NOW get past the login queue, play for maybe 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly you're bringing the shard down for maintenance again?

I know you have to fix things, but the timing... THE TIMING. It hurts meeeeee :(