Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    18999 out of 22412 :P

I've never experienced a log in queue on holodeck. I hope this bleeds off after the next couple of days.

But if it persists, Cryptic really might want to consider upgrading those servers.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    robinoldsrobinolds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    18699/19626 .....
  • Options
    desert3142desert3142 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let the developers doing their job ;) they are working fine for you!
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am missing my T5 Romulan Rep Reman unlock.. kinda annoying.
  • Options
    txn8vtxn8v Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been kicked off about thirty times in the last hour, now in que 12491 of 12897. This is getting kinda aggravating.:mad:
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
  • Options
    edwardstainbrookedwardstainbrook Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well folks I would like to know whats going on. After each patch you've released today or maintenance you've conducted, I've been forced to completely re-install the game along with every patch. I'm hoping that after this round of maintenance I won't have to follow the same process. Otherwise let me know so I can call it quits now before I face the wrath of complete disappointment.
  • Options
    incubus1980incubus1980 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what was wrong with the previous system, we never had to wait in line to play. last night after couple of days of patching and launcher crashing, i was finally able to log in, create my romulun and then i got the shock of my life, i was placed in Queue at 12580. it took me another hour and a half to get to the top of my queue, i was barely able to play for few minutes before of romulun tutorial, before i switched to my regular toons, and what do i get for doing that...i was placed in queue at 21000 this time...this game has become unplayable. Guys, stop hosting Neverwinter on the same server as Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    shockwaveomegashockwaveomega Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant really complain that much. Seems Life Timers get trown to the front of the queue.
    Am really excited about trying my Legacy pack though.
  • Options
    arthoartoriusarthoartorius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be smarth to gife life time mebers
    discound on the packed

specialy cryptic buyers who did buy this game can go to court because they did
    buy this game whit all expensions now and futer

I wont go to court fore a game but when i buyed they advertise whit that

Fair to tell is perfect world did make the game allot beter and i,m happy whit that
    but they need to make more fun fore life timers

I probely buy the packed for 50% discount because life time
    but they dont gife us a special deal(marketing failure)

the game fore the rest is good

keep up the good wurk

Danieldewoeste
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be smarth to gife life time mebers
    discound on the packed

specialy cryptic buyers who did buy this game can go to court because they did
    buy this game whit all expensions now and futer

I wont go to court fore a game but when i buyed they advertise whit that

Fair to tell is perfect world did make the game allot beter and i,m happy whit that
    but they need to make more fun fore life timers

I probely buy the packed for 50% discount because life time
    but they dont gife us a special deal(marketing failure)

the game fore the rest is good

keep up the good wurk

Danieldewoeste
    There aren't enough facepalms in the world for that post.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    baronarxbaronarx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi there, I seem to have a bit of a problem
    I purchased the Legacy pack and it seems activated as my forum account does give me the options for titles etc... but I cannot create a Reman nor get any of the ships while in-game.
    Do I have to wait a bit more (purchased it 20min ago)

Thank you in advance for your support
  • Options
    tuishaotuishao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a quick question, If I already bought the starter pack and want to upgrade to the legacy, do I need to pay full price or can I just pay the extra $100?. as it seems the starter has a basic amount of what the legacy does.
  • Options
    baronarxbaronarx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, it works, thank you!
  • Options
    raud1raud1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I own the LoR bundle and have access to Reman Material options for my ROM ships and have seen them on Tal Shiar ships for F-ROM and K-ROM toons

Will the Reman Materials be available for normal FED / KDF (non ROM) toons that have Tal Shiar ships (and LoR or Remans unlocked)? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hullusionhullusion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time that i go in to the log in to start the game i type in the password and it says that i have entered to many time and that i need to wait then retype in the user and password. The thing is I had just opened it. I typed it in once and then it gave me this message! So i sent a message to tech support still have not got a reply. So next day i go in to do the same thing. What is going on with this. Also i had just purchased the Romulus legacy package. What in the world is going on!
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, stop hosting Neverwinter on the same server as Star Trek Online.

The two games have never been hosted on the same servers, and the queues aren't based on any resource that's shared between the two games.

This is a myth that's never been remotely true.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    leendert1980leendert1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no time when come back ore somthing i think heve reboot everthing
    i think is best make game everthing new that everthing is working 100% and if ppl there monney back ore if everone 150000 gold and first mounth premium free mabe then is everbody happy but that is that is perfect world onwer have see yes but if gos like this i think lot off ppl wil stop the game grr dj_leen
  • Options
    dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The two games have never been hosted on the same servers, and the queues aren't based on any resource that's shared between the two games.

This is a myth that's never been remotely true.

Then why is it when I'm on STO and I go to my friends page I see some of my friends being listed playing on Neverwinter? If they are not on the same server then why can I see them in Neverwinter when I'm in STO?
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracos84 wrote: »
    Then why is it when I'm on STO and I go to my friends page I see some of my friends being listed playing on Neverwinter? If they are not on the same server then why can I see them in Neverwinter when I'm in STO?

This is a feature of cryptics games that is nice. You can talk across games and even access the mail across games. You can't exchange items across games unless you are on the same server.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracos84 wrote: »

The chat server is separate from the games, and is shared by every Cryptic game and every shard. It's also accessed by people not in any game, using an XMPP client; I do this all day every day from work. Cryptic employees also use it internally for work.

You can even access your supergroup/fleet/guild chats via XMPP, which is awesome. :)

This is one of the major reasons I play mostly Cryptic games.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    supamark98supamark98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am still unable to purchase the Lifetime Subscription that was announced when the Legacy of Romulus was released!

I've tried paying with my bank card on multiple occasions, and even sent a ticket to PWE asking about it TEN days ago....

I have read that people have been able to purchase it with PayPal, but I do not want to register and create an account with them if I have the option of just paying with my card...

Help please?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The chat server is separate from the games, and is shared by every Cryptic game and every shard. It's also accessed by people not in any game, using an XMPP client; I do this all day every day from work. Cryptic employees also use it internally for work.

You can even access your supergroup/fleet/guild chats via XMPP, which is awesome. :)

This is one of the major reasons I play mostly Cryptic games.

It is a very cool chat system.

The server tech is pretty cool as well.

Really everyone complaining when was the last time you played any AAA MMO that let EVERYONE that played the game all access the same "server"

Yes of course the hardware side consists of multiple internal servers. Cryptic has always had pretty cool and innovative server side shard style game code.

Yes it seems there hardware has been taxed by releasing another major game and a major expansion in pretty quick succession.

They will sort it... really though I would trade a month of annoying outages as they work through it then the solution most companies would go to. Which would likely see most of us playing on second or third servers and not being able to team and enjoy the game with friends.

Good luck sorting it Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    vokgorvokgor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yet another game which has made the biggest fail - not mac compatible, will this error be rectified?
  • Options
    nx170487nx170487 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank for the nice FAQ and thanks for this awsome Game.
  • Options
    dankcobdankcob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Originally when I became a Lifetime Subscriber, it was stated that there would be items that only Lifetime Subscribers could get...every time something new comes out as a 'Lifetime Subscriber' perk, it becomes available for everyone to buy on the CStore within a month or two...I am not a satisfied customer. What happened to all the LTS only perks? What happened to all the promises that LTS's would have all the perks without having to do all the paying for those perks? Seems like another moneygrubbing company trying to take more money than it's worth to have the Romulan setup cost $125.00 for everyone including those of us who gladly forked out $300 for our Lifetime Gold Subscriber memberships in order to enjoy our perks...your entire game has been nothing but lies and promises that were not followed through on. I have no intention of buying these perks or further spending money for things that should be LTS perks.
  • Options
    dankcobdankcob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Take for instance the free pre-order tribble, the free pre-order targ, the Constitution Class pre-order reward...all sold in the CStore or publicly available to those who are not lifetime subscribers but yet were originally only for pre-orders and lifetime subscribers...just a couple examples of how they have gone back on their words.
  • Options
    danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dankcob wrote: »
    Originally when I became a Lifetime Subscriber, it was stated that there would be items that only Lifetime Subscribers could get...every time something new comes out as a 'Lifetime Subscriber' perk, it becomes available for everyone to buy on the CStore within a month or two...I am not a satisfied customer. What happened to all the LTS only perks? What happened to all the promises that LTS's would have all the perks without having to do all the paying for those perks? Seems like another moneygrubbing company trying to take more money than it's worth to have the Romulan setup cost $125.00 for everyone including those of us who gladly forked out $300 for our Lifetime Gold Subscriber memberships in order to enjoy our perks...your entire game has been nothing but lies and promises that were not followed through on. I have no intention of buying these perks or further spending money for things that should be LTS perks.

I can't find the Liberated Borg species for Federation or KDF in the Z-Store. Nor was a bundle to get every Veteran Reward item, even the 1100-Day Reward, available on the Z-Store.

Last time I checked, those were "LTS Perks".

Also, with the Legacy and Starter Packs for Legacy of Romulus, the only "exclusives" that won't be on the Z-Store are the titles. The packs were always only a way to get everything that were going to the Z-Store at a reduced price since they were bundled.

Basically, your argument is invalid.

-END OF LINE
  • Options
    hopit69hopit69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope the reduced price stays for the legacy pack until 16th of June or later so I can get it on my 18th birthday on june 15th :)
  • Options
    ducethedragonducethedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can't wait for this thing
This discussion has been closed.