test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• gm1911gm1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was less than 500 when I tried this morning. Came back later in the morning and it was 3,000. Now it's nearly 23,000. No, I won't wait. I may not be a "pay to play" person but I AM a guy who has spent plenty of $$ on ZEN. If this is what Perfect World calls an improvement they're going to lose me... and this is the only PW game I'll play specifically BECAUSE I'm a Star Trek fan. These improvements are ruining the experience and removing the fun.
  • edevans11edevans11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However many memebers pay monthly!
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone from cryptic please explain the reason for these queues? I find it hard to believe that 20 thousand new players suddenly decided to join overnight.
  • sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Off-topic: queue up to 23.000 people now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't switch characters, because that counts as 'logging out' and dumps you back in the queue.

Can't crash, because if the game crashes you're back in the queue.

Can't get disconnected, because if you do you're back in the queue.

With a queue over 22 THOUSAND strong and inching along slowly, the above are STRONG incentives to get on a character, find a quiet spot where nothing happens (to prevent crashes), and do doff missions and nothing else all day, while hitting spacebar periodically to make sure you don't get logged out.

A five minute or so (maybe less, depending on average loading times) window where you could log back in after crashing/getting disconnected/switching characters without having to go through the queue again would do a lot to alleviate player frustration, and might help somewhat with people deliberately hogging resources by refusing to log out no matter what.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just 4,000 away then got disconnected:mad:

Every time I get disconnected I look at this message: "We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible."

And after being disconnected I think, "Maybe that's how they are getting some players 'in-game as soon as possible' ... by forcing some of us to get disconnected."

;)

I'm not being serious ... but I am getting increasingly annoyed that I paid for the Legacy Pack so that I could start on day 1 with the best possible ships and now I can't even login.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • texan1986texan1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow still cant get in really make the servers bigger hell this is bs this makes me want to go bk to swtor atleast there theres no login que
  • champbaccachampbacca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got trough the queue after two hours, server not responding for five minutes.

Afk, going to play Bridge Commander.
    ____
    "Have you tried reversing the polarity of the neutron flow?" - T'Raava, captain of the U.S.S. Gordon Shumway
  • glhgufglhguf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do manage to get in avoid the sol system like the plague, I got in after waiting for an hour +, finished a couple missions, tried to transwarp to the sol system and it booted me out back to the bottom again. I have been waiting for about 2 hours to get back in, sucks :(
  • stickman3447stickman3447 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol im 4000 of over 23k been staring at this reading forums and job hunting since 11am pacefic time XD
    btw when i started my que it was at 13k so patience grasshopper or in my case go back to sleep with the wife
    edited May 2013
    champbacca wrote: »
    Afk, going to play Bridge Commander.

Hell ya, think I'll join ya.
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sogetes wrote: »
    Off-topic: queue up to 23.000 people now...

don't worry, all is ok, "They are aware" /sarcasm
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got in late last night after waiting in queue for a bit and start getting my new romulan character ready for some questing and then the dreaded "server going down in 15 minutes for maintenence for 2 hours". LOL I would've rather not got in at all.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    and NOT ONE response from the powers at be at what they intend to do about it.

and what you want them do say?

"we are sorry but we are to cheap to have servers..go play neverwinter ,that game is running fine"

or "we dont like to have success"

or "we dont like many people see our work"
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's why I pulled over to the side of the road to laugh at the other drivers.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh the dilemma of the login queue
    A long login queue incentivises staying on, thus making the login queue even longer since nobody logs off.
    This!

45 mins ago, I was 17500th in line, now I'm 13000th. Moved up 4.5k in 45 mins=100 places per min. 13,000/100ppm=Over 2 hours wait time still. The queue is almost to 24000, so someone just signing in now has an almost FOUR HOUR WAIT!

I'm never logging out again if I can help it. You can forget about my silly Rommie Lieutenant, too... I'll be playing my main toon.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • powermikerpowermiker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here's an idea, while waiting to play Star Trek Online , why not take time to watch Star Trek, Online :D

(episodes from all series now available at startrek.com)

Wow that's awesome! Great idea :) I'll look into it thanks.
  • starofbalancestarofbalance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if the road leads directly, and only, to a parking lot.
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    So the people complaining, are you life subs or gold????

Whats the difference ? I dont see your point, Just because one isnt a sub or a gold member it doesnt mean players havent spent hundreds of dollars on in game content.
    edited May 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    This!

I'm never logging out again if I can help it. You can forget about my silly Rommie Lieutenant, too... I'll be playing my main toon.

That's what I was trying to do until I thought it would be a good idea to transwarp to sol.
  • saav1kamsaav1kam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have been aware of the queue for the last few hours according to that nifty announcement up above the forums.

The fact is.. the queue is STILL growing. I was stuck in line for more than an hour now trying to change my characters.

Cryptic.... It is broken. Make it work?
  • nastygothicnastygothic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its grown to 23,620...

Here's the new estimate: 111211.4meters = 69 miles.

69 / 3 = 23 + 69 = 92 miles long.
  • krankmanrkrankmanr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking of resubbing with the new ex pack, not going to happen now. I refuse to pay to queue up.
  • neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a "gold" member but i have spent more than 100$ in this game...they really must adjust the queue accordingly. Being 23453 out of 23894 is ridiculous!!

Cryptic get your **** together!!!
    If i have paid for something i expect to get priority login at least!

Gold has never meant much, heck I have Gold previously, been dealt the same any other free to play user, is one of reason's why I mainly stick to free to play.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • megaforce1964megaforce1964 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what surprises me, is that Romulan legacy was advertised for months. Yet once installed and started, the servers can't handle the amount of players who want to play.

I have just returned to the game after 3 years and now I have to wait to play? I have only about 3 hours to play each day and I can't wait for more than hour.

Is this gonna happen every day from now on?
    edited May 2013
    saav1kam wrote: »
    Cryptic.... It is broken. Make it work?

lol, don't say that they will shut it down for "maintenance" again.
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also this: its a global server... means that no area is playing on their own server; we all play on the same server.
  • stoney2507stoney2507 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im f2p like alot of others but that dont mean we dont put money in this game my money go's to ships and keys in this game well that would be if i could get in the game to level up my chars to level 50 so i can use te ships i want to buy but am now in line on spot 9878 been waiting for over an hour and half now its not that i hate having to wait but this is getting ridicules you want to play for 4 hours but instead have to wait for three hours to be able to play 15 mins if your lucky before you get kicked to go stand in line again:mad:
    criptic your going to lose alot of money if you dont find a solution for this nobody's going to wait around for a game that takes hours just o get in game
  • cjpigcjpig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for a great game! I got to play a bit yesterday before the emergency server upgrade, and I look forward to playing more. I am really thinking about that lifetime subscription $200 is alot of money right now, but I wanna support the game and keep it running. Only problem is my wife would kill me as I all ready heard it when I bought the legacy pack. Perhaps a credit card charge and change my email so no conf e-mail goes to my main one...lol Maybe before the end of the promotion, ill have to save my pennies ;)
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    and what you want them do say?

"we are sorry but we are to cheap to have servers..go play neverwinter ,that game is running fine"

or "we dont like to have success"

or "we dont like many people see our work"

probably get a response like the first one you wrote.