test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Breaking Bug - Skill Invalid for Liberated Romulans (Working on a fix)

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the reports -- the team is investigating.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks, quick response!
  • Options
    nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great thank you :)
    full
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

pls pls this too http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694451 :eek::eek::eek:
    :o
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Same here, character:

Di'ina@idali
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this issue too. Link to screenshot for Devs from my level 10 Rom. http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Rfaurora/screenshot_2013-05-22-00-16-27.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i saw this issue about 8 hours ago before i went to bed, still have it. i wonder when another patch will happen to correct this.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, hit rank 10 on my Liberate Borg Romluan ( chose FED )

'Skills Invalid' cant spend for self or BO's, traits list has been 3/4 wiped out also
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tikonov wrote: »
    Yeah, hit rank 10 on my Liberate Borg Romluan ( chose FED )

'Skills Invalid' cant spend for self or BO's, traits list has been 3/4 wiped out also

that may explain why my neutral blast skill with the lib rommie has disappeared completely.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Server is back up with a new patch

and...

Still completely unable to spend skill points on myself or BOFFs

Highly doubt their going to bring the game down again today for another patch : guess im going to bed :(
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope we see a fix soon, this is a pretty serious bug.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is pretty game breaking...Im getting fed up with waiting....this is rediculous....liberated romulan borg...and nadda...no skills...respec no work...nothing
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I poke bran on twitter and fair enough at least got a response :

---
    Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes 4m

@Tikonovuk I think I responded in that thread :) OR at least one similar. Team is investigating.
    ---

Dont really see them pulling the server down again to fix this today, just really hoping for tommorrow now so i can finally play :/

Edit: They moved this topic to general discussion?
  • Options
    voltronbjvoltronbj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1am, and I still have the same skillpoint issue, even after the latest patch. I am using a liberated borg romulan. Unable to attach traits, add skillpoints, or use the respec skillpoints in the flotilla.
  • Options
    bagabumbagabum Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have just submitted a ticket and some stuff that I have tried.

Currently I can not put points into any bridge officer hence I can not promote them

I can not put points into my char at all

bottom right shows invalid skills and a respec button = pressing the button does nothing.

Went to a respec station to attempt a respec station on flotilla and this doesn't work either - I did the respec - asked if it was ok to use respec token (have 5) clicked ok and it appeared to take the one and do a respec. When checking it away from the station nothing had changed and still had 5 respec tokens.

I am lifetime and purchased the legacy pack.
    My char is level 12 Centurian

1 thing I did notice is that there was no promotion quests - so not sure if this is related - but I did get a sub quest to get new ship.

Maybe this will help
    Livia Drusilla - Level 50 Engineer

Playing STO since Beta

Leader of S-P-Q-R
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bah, this issue is still on going. Guess I'll go play Cryptic's other less (currently :P) broken game.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    jazonshay1983jazonshay1983 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue is really getting on my nerves. Should be top priority after login failure and launcher mistakes seem fixed.
    This is a problem where saying "We work on it to fix it tomorrow" would be not acceptable. This is a problem that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, if it takes another 2 hour emergency maintenance or not.
  • Options
    drakeforddrakeford Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been looking forward to this LOR thing for ages. I organized leave from work and purchased the Legacy bundle. In short I did my part. So cryptic, when are you going to do yours?
    Yes you have released it and on time for which I congratulate you. But I do not remember ordering the bugs along with the legacy pack.
    Please sort this issue as my time to level up is fast disappearing along with my respect for this game.
  • Options
    andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue is really getting on my nerves. Should be top priority after login failure and launcher mistakes seem fixed.
    This is a problem where saying "We work on it to fix it tomorrow" would be not acceptable. This is a problem that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, if it takes another 2 hour emergency maintenance or not.

I agree, this is just not acceptable. this need to be fixed TODAY and not a day later, this makes my romy unplayable.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess I should keep my fingers from my Romulan for the time being (just started Turning Point) and instead try to find warp cores for my capped characters.
    drakeford wrote: »
    I have been looking forward to this LOR thing for ages. I organized leave from work and purchased the Legacy bundle. In short I did my part. So cryptic, when are you going to do yours?
    Yes you have released it and on time for which I congratulate you. But I do not remember ordering the bugs along with the legacy pack.
    Please sort this issue as my time to level up is fast disappearing along with my respect for this game.

During my WoW-times we had a saying. "Never play on a patch day." Many people joked that it actually should be "Never play in a patch week." Organizing free time for something like that is a bad idea. Especially since we were kind of warned. With the the outages over the last weeks it's a miracle that the server didn't catch fire yesterday.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    moradummoradum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, can't train my BO or myself because of this bug.

I think this bug is triggered when you try to back out of a skill dropping you below required skill points.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Lib Rom has the same problem BUT it only happened after I chose to ally with the KDF. Before I chose an alliance I was fine.
  • Options
    automanzeroautomanzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here on my Borg Rom:(
  • Options
    azrimazrim Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    For the hell of it leveled another Romulan to 10 and chose KDF with the same bug happening again. They need to fix this NOW.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is going to be a short expansion if people cannot get past lvl 10 for Romulans.

Reported this bug last night, I wake up seeing the game has had two patches in the night, and the game is still broken in the morning.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can we get an eta on a fix?
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    travrymatravryma Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic You Have Broke The Game Again.... After Last Night I Thought I Couldn't Get More Disappointed In You...you Had To Prove Me Wrong Yet Again....no Patch Notes On The Patch That Was Done Last Night. Pre-patch I Could Train Boffs Post Patch No Training. Do You Need A Special Tool To Remove Your Head From Your Nether Regions. I Am So Disapointed With The Way You Launched The Expansion. It Worked Fine On Tribble But Someone Thought They Knew Better And Changed The Code......fire Them......seriously Fire Them......pathetic Im Going Back To Swtor.
    VA Travis@Iborg316
    Archangel
    Astral Coalition
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drudgy wrote: »
    Same issue for me sadly... i'm on a Liberated borg romulan.

im getting this as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got around this on Tribble the other day...I believe I just started to respec my character (not the boff) and then cancelled.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    I got around this on Tribble the other day...I believe I just started to respec my character (not the boff) and then cancelled.

hitting the respec button just closes the skill window now, doesnt respec anything, the kiosk is also useless.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.