test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Breaking Bug - Skill Invalid for Liberated Romulans (Working on a fix)

tedustedus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
After hitting Centurion I attempted to train my bridge officer in his Lietenant rank skills only to find a small button that says skills invalid - respec where the apply button would normally be. I know this is an old bug from late last year, the problem I'm having is that hitting the respec button simply closes the skills panel completely and does absolutely nothing and so, I cannot train skills AT ALL.
Post edited by tedus on

Comments

• Options
    captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, exactly as described.

Also prevents training Bridge officer abilities.
  • Options
    jazonshay1983jazonshay1983 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same as well.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    enyojarosenyojaros Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same for me.

Using the respec console on the flotilla didnt work either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just to clarify this problem occurs on all of my bridge officers and on my characters skill pane. Im still sure I could get to 50 even without using skill points but obviously after that thr bug would be game breaking and as such needs to be addressed ASAP.
  • Options
    jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem since I hit lvl 10, unable to set traits or spend skill points on character or Bridge Officers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here..but I highly doubt cryptic gives a ****
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    azrimazrim Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, totally broken.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Many people are now having this issue.

Says skills invalid in the lower right of the skill menu. You are unable to train skills, you can not respec through the respec button, or the skills terminal respec menu. This issue needs to be fixed immediately.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably due to the massive database server lag.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It may be a Romulan specific bug, because most of the people I have seen that have the issue are hitting 10 when it appears.
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue is related to removing skill points from any track after you pass the 33,000 point line to unlock the second tier of skills. This issue manifested on Tribble, but clicking the "respec" button actually worked. However - either due to a failure in the "respec" button or more likely to the serious lag impacting transactional activities throughout the game - the button isn't actually resetting the skills.

Needless to say, my Centurion is not a happy camper.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Probably due to the massive database server lag.

Is what happened for my guy. Took about ten minutes for it to register that he had been promoted to Centurion after being promoted.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Skills invalid bug here too. Even after the restart and patch this evening.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem for me and a fleet mate. We cant level anything which really sucks to even play any further until you can skill up.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    kilain001kilain001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue with skills. Can't assign new points, game won't recognize already assigned skill points which means... almost no skills to use in-game...
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same and this sucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rut roh the support page broke, hopefully they are aware of this.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto x2 here... nothing works to respec and basically can't apply any further skill points to self or bridge crew.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    wavekwavek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, right when I hit Centurion 1. I cant train my own skills or my officers skills. I've tried respect button, and also logout and back in and it did not work.
  • Options
    johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I login today and the foundry spot i bought 2 weeks ago went poof after grinding hard for it before launch of STOLOR and my extra free toon for making romulan today as well poof gone ??? I know you all there at home baser cryptic are working hard and were ruff when we dont get that awesome smooth gameplay like all mmo's ,but to ripe of our accounts which in my eyes should come first starting with the top gold life timers then down to free. bUt in the last 3 weeks its been rough already I've lost gear bveen TRIBBLE on account and get nothing but were not refunding or replacing things at this time ?? makes me wonder how many of us there are right now that need to bee helped , things are working more backward than forwards and I really really hope you guys dont brush us under the mat on past items and lag problems , good luck stay with it till it gets done :) !! but don't forget when we talk to others about the game before they ever played or are playing wont forget about all the times junk has gone missing or time or grinding for nothing and have dilithium reduced as well ?? we all remember do us right do us well and well have honor and respect until the end !! Long Live Trek ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm just remaking the character at this point, should hopefully only take a few hours to get back to where I was and will maybe avoid the problem this time.
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue happened to me right after hitting level 10 and choosing my Faction (Went Federation) Also is effecting my Bridge Officers, and My Traits, I went from having a large list of traits to only seeing 3 or so visible.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    faedrinfaedrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting the same issue - once i hit Centurion i'm unable to train my character as well as any of the officers :(
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue for me sadly... i'm on a Liberated borg romulan.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue here also my on my Borg Romulan.

Unable to train Bridge Officers or myself as all it shows bottom right is "Skills Invalid" and the button "Respec". Clicking the "Respec" button just closes the skill window down.
    full
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can't help but notice that nearly every single person who has posted in this thread is a lifetime member.
  • Options
    cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Good catch! I wonder if it is something limited to those of us with a life sentence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also having this issue, and I'm also LTS
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lack of skill training for me makes my little non combat pets cry :(