test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Breaking Bug - Skill Invalid for Liberated Romulans (Working on a fix)

Comments

• scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Liberated Borg Romulan is stuck also. thought about just wiping him but he has 638 lobi on him and it would be too much of a waist. I rolled a Reman Captain with no prob at lvl 10 so it seems to be Liberated Romulans.
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my liberated Borg Romulan has the same problem

i have joined my Fed Fleet
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • jowolf18jowolf18 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I think it might be the Liberated Borg Romulan too, cuz mine is still saying "Skills Invaild". Maybe I should try another character, but I still think that this issue should be fixed none-the-less...
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is 100% Cryptic's fault. If we could have tested the Liberated Borg species on tribble in the closed beta, I can say in 100% honesty, that this would never have gone live like this and been caught on the first day. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• moradummoradum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 confirmed member of our fleet having the issue.

All of us are borg liberated romulans.
  • outllawoutllaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirming as well, really wish they would have let us identify this on Tribble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I truly lacked empathy or a conscience I would not take time out of my day to help someone who had a less fortunate education than myself correct their gross misunderstanding of words in the English language.
  • darken1984darken1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked at twitter, how long time they need to find out how long they they need to fix... answer... As soon as possbiel. The game on tribble was more stable then this :((
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the happy crowd now gathering with pitchforks. Borg toon + Skills invalid = Wee. :D
  • hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am getting caught with this bug. I can't slot skillpoints for myself, nor for any of my BOffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both of the Liberated Borg roms I created have the same issue.

I'm not willing to roll a 3rd of a different race and waste several hours leveling to 10 to test this theory out.

Every ship and race that was intended for launch should have been on tribble for testing without exception.

This is an example of terrible QA and bad planning. And it basically only punishes the lifetime players who have invested the most money into the game. Way to support your best players guys.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone also had trouble with traits? Mine seem to have vanished...well, the borg traits up and vanished anyways. Smh
  • kekrebeskekrebes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My traits are gone too, as well as skills on my romulan liberated borg.
  • baldemort41baldemort41 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Echoing Noctus, I played a Romulan Engie to level 13 on Tribble, with no issues, but now my Reclaimed Borg Romulan Engie is stuck without skill progression, as are my BOffs. This issue, as well as the horrible lag should have been improved upon after the same fiasco occurred in Season 7. If you want to keep a loyal fan base, you have to provide reliability.
    Baldemort, K'Bald E Mort, D'Baldemort
    Twelve toons, one mission...enjoy STO
    House of DILLIGAF (KDF)
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2013
    Level 10/11 Centurion, Liberated Rommie Borg

-> same issue, skills borked, can't train Bridge Officer nor respec or assign my own skills.
  • datalives#1627 datalives Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any official update?
    A selection of my STO windows background ScreenShots
    http://www.risk-gaming.com/content.php B)
    @Datalives
    United Federation 55th
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    brighamg wrote: »
    Any official update?

We're aware of the issue and working towards a resolution. Thank you all for your feedback and patience, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • abecketabecket Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing a Liberated Borg Romulan Tactical with no issues skilling up so far.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if this is related or not, but along with not being able to assign my skill points, i'm also not able to commit changes to my Traits.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited May 2013
    We're aware of the issue and working towards a resolution. Thank you all for your feedback and patience, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Translate from PR to english: Yes, we are pretty angry because everybody is complaining and we have no idea what's wrong. Yes, we know you are not patient at all. But stop whinning and wait! Maybe if few hours we announce that in few hours the server will go down for few hours.

---

Meanwhile, players with no premium content are lvling they're romulan toons.
  • penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, this bug is annoying the hell out of me.
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that Need to be moved to bug reports not Offizial discussion.

and yes alot skills not working ingame or can not be skilled, and alot traits have 0 Effekt the gameplay ist at Moment more a beta test then anythink other.

shame to release a totally buged update.
  • grayfrethgrayfreth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Liberated Romulan Borg seems to be a factor, everyone ive talked to in game who has this problem, including myself are playing liberated romulan toons.
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks for at least showing up!

This is really unbelievable... yesterday I could not make a romulan because i did not not get my free slot, then i could not log in (if i did... huge lag and disconnects when changing maps), then login queues,... today i can't play either, no skills for me or my doffs. All this would not matter and i could be called a whiner if...

If i were not a LTS since STO closed beta.

If i had not spent a good amount on money buying zen.

If f2p players were not playing the game i'm paying while i can't login or play.

If the game had a proper beta testing period.

If i had seen fixes of reported bugs before LoR hit holodeck

If the server capacity problems we've seen were not expected by everyone because proper solutions had been put in place to prevent them.

If this was the first time Cryptic screws up a major update because of lack of preparation.

If the most "affected" players of this fiasco were not "the paying ones".

If it wasn't funny that i can't play the game because i've put money into it.

The skills invalid bug should have top priority, and the shard brought down if neccesary ASAP to fix this. This bugs affects your LTS susbcribers, the ones that should have less problems than anybody else in game and top priority, and it's a game breaking bug, i can't play without skills for me or my boffs.

I'm sorry if i've been a bit harsh, but bugs in this release are specially hitting the "payboys", and that should be embarrasing for Cryptic. I remember STO launch fiasco, and i get very nervous when i see so many resemblances with this launch.
  • moradummoradum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, LTS are the least of their worries as they already have our money so they don't really care.
  • coriolis01coriolis01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also experiencing this bug with my Liberated Romulan Borg.

In addition, I cannot add a new trait at Centurion rank. Tried a trait respec to see if that might be a workaround and now I my character has no traits assigned and cannot apply any.

Cheers

:cool:
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Liberated Borg Rommy also has this issue. It'll be awhile before they fix it I'm sure though. Hopefully this week, I would like to actually play my Romulan at some point.
    edited May 2013
    Dear cryptic support,

I know you feel probably pretty silly now and I understand it because it's not exactly your fault.

But please don't insult us with nice but empty statements and try to explain us current status without using the words: Patience, feedback, investigate and try to include words like: estimation, patch, release or update

According to twitter, you are already working on solution. So you have the idea how big the update will be, how long will servers go offline and when.
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tedus2 wrote: »
    After hitting Centurion I attempted to train my bridge officer in his Lietenant rank skills only to find a small button that says skills invalid - respec where the apply button would normally be. I know this is an old bug from late last year, the problem I'm having is that hitting the respec button simply closes the skills panel completely and does absolutely nothing and so, I cannot train skills AT ALL.

I am having this issue as well. I even tried respecing my character with a respec token. The respec worked, but I am still unable to skill up my boffs or my character in the normal screen.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lostmoony wrote: »
    that Need to be moved to bug reports not Offizial discussion.

and yes alot skills not working ingame or can not be skilled, and alot traits have 0 Effekt the gameplay ist at Moment more a beta test then anythink other.

shame to release a totally buged update.

This wasn't an issue on Tribble, so other than taking a trip to the Guardian of Forever, I'm not sure how they were supposed to prevent it.
    edited May 2013
    Anybody have this issue with non borg character? On twitter, they are persuading us that problems is not limited to borgs, but as far as I can see, only liberated romulan borgs are affected