test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Breaking Bug - Skill Invalid for Liberated Romulans (Working on a fix)

Comments

• Options
    tedustedus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I've been playing a bit more. Trying different things to see if I can find a way past it. My belief is that this is related to the Liberated Borg species, which would kind of make sense seeing as they were not tested on Tribble.

I also believe it has something to with with the promotion to Centurion quest. Something wierd happened in that quest when I went to select my new Warbird. It's almost as if the quest rewards were not handed out as I am also missing the Transwarp to New Romulus and Transwarp to Earth Spacedock abilities.

As such, I thought maybe, just maybe reaching Subcommander might fix it. No such luck. I am still breezing through the missions no problem, but as I stated at the beginning of this thread, come max level I would not play this toon as it would be letting down other players. This needs to be fixed.....like now.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this only happening to LBs?
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this only happening to LBs?

Seem to be the case. Others in my Fleet seem unaffected, but my LB can not skill up.

Can Cryptic/PWE please admit that this has been a "soft launch" of LoR and that it is actually in open beta!?

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • Options
    faedrinfaedrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this issue apparently isn't just affecting Romulan toons - just had my engineer go Vice Admiral and he's now getting the Skills Invalid bug as well :(

Really hope this gets fixed soon
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Went to bed for a few hours:P

Got up and saw the server had been down another once for emergency patch

But they didnt fix this bug yet :( , server has been down like 3 times now for emergency patches : Not being able to level up isnt an emergency? le sigh
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    rifor83 wrote: »
    Seem to be the case. Others in my Fleet seem unaffected, but my LB can not skill up.

Can Cryptic/PWE please admit that this has been a "soft launch" of LoR and that it is actually in open beta!?

Pleae dont open that can of worms(see NVW forums)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually I think the NW soft launch went better than LoR. And that was a whole game.

• Options
    alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another Liberated Borg Romulan here that can't seem to skill up anymore either.
  • Options
    nitrous82nitrous82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another Liberated Borg Romulan here that can't seem to skill up anymore either.

Same here, grrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.
  • Options
    valormeervalormeer Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really in two minds if I should restart as another race or just wait out this bug... >.>
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valormeer wrote: »
    I'm really in two minds if I should restart as another race or just wait out this bug... >.>

Ditto. It's too bad Cryptic does let you test the LB's on Tribble. This would have been found a long time ago.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    lordgeneral164lordgeneral164 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto. It's too bad Cryptic does let you test the LB's on Tribble. This would have been found a long time ago.

Yeah they would of, Hopefully they patch later today. I also noticed you cant activate any traits for Lib Borg
  • Options
    moradummoradum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have they even acknowledged this as a bug?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. I hope they find a solution soon...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but with all the emergency maintenances recently they might not want to have to do another one for a little while :S

Acknowledgement here (post #32 in this very thread):
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10191941&postcount=32

• Options
    lordgeneral164lordgeneral164 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rifor83 wrote: »
    Yes, but with all the emergency maintenances recently they might not want to have to do another one for a little while :S

Acknowledgement here (post #32 in this very thread):
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10191941&postcount=32

They shouldn't care about how many times the bring down the server for emergency maintenance if an entire playable species and some lvls of other species on Romulans cant even skill up correctly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think I'm just going too wait it out, I like the look and feel of my LB Rom atm ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    valormeer wrote: »
    I think I'm just going too wait it out, I like the look and feel of my LB Rom atm ^^

Same here. I'm going to continue levelling her though, so it will be all the sweeter when I have access to amazing abilities after having levelled to 50 with only the basics and one ability per Boff! :P

• Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug prevented me from moving to the Pi Canis sector. If you've got some extra dil laying around, purchasing the trans warp token will allow you to move to the Pi Canis sector. After getting to Pi Canis I was able to move to other sectors without using the tokens. Just an FYI if you feel like getting on with it until a fix is deployed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get the Pi Canis Sector without any trouble, Only thing i'm running into is the skill bug atm. Lag seems to have cleared up
  • Options
    damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. Cannot raise skills for me or BOFFs and, cannot commit traits. This is all after hitting centurion.
  • Options
    darken1984darken1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another bug which affects paying members only? Great job!
  • Options
    nitrous82nitrous82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darken1984 wrote: »
    Another bug which affects paying members only? Great job!

No this affects everyone, no one is able to add skill points or boff points.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now the interesting questions are:

Does this only affect Romulans or all characters?

How the hell did that bug get on the live server? There were never any problems like that on Tribble.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    darken1984darken1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nitrous82 wrote: »
    No this affects everyone, no one is able to add skill points or boff points.

Ok, I am sorry, I thought this is only for liberated borgs... now I am more curious... when can we expect another update?
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems to affect 100% of KDF liberated borg romulans and their boffs. maybe they should have let us test LB on tribble....
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems to affect 100% of KDF liberated borg romulans and their boffs. maybe they should have let us test LB on tribble....

My liberated borg Romulan is allied with Fed, and I'm having same issue.
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason for this is obvious -> Launch of romuclans was only a beta release.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are the lucky ones! Several of us can't log-in to STO at all because the launcher's patch crashes every time, ever since yesterday's Romulan expansion was added. And STO has written that it was fixed?!?