test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Breaking Bug - Skill Invalid for Liberated Romulans (Working on a fix)

Comments

• darken1984darken1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BTW, does it seems only too me, or it's 12 hours since bug was accepted by cryptic and the best information they gave us is "We are working on resolution" ?
  • darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, get the Skills Invalid on every page, and the respec button closes the window.. exact same prob as everyone else, and yes, I picked Borg.

Kinda ruins the point of the game having such a bug.. Hope its fixed shortly.
    edited May 2013
    Kinda ruins the point of the game having such a bug.. Hope its fixed shortly.

We hope for 12 hours :)
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got "Skill invalid" on 2 Liberated borg, stopped playing after the bug appeared (well, aside from a few DOFF missions), created a Reman this time "bug-free" ... seems this is the char i will continue until the problem is solved.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another Lib. Borg with this issue chiming in...
  • tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This wouldnt be such a huge mess if cryptic hadnt have decided to have a big LTS sub sale the day before the expansion : meaning oh so many liberated borg rommies.

Would be nice for a PROPER update from the team as in : ' we are working on fixing this today/tommorrow ' -OR-' this is been added to the giant backlog and you might get it fixed in the coming weeks'

Cause i would ya know, really like to the play the damn game that convinced me to grab a legacy pack AND a LTS so i could 'get the most' out of the expansion : turns out we are the ones playing less than hit-and-run F2P gamers just deciding to come check this game out for a day or two....

Worst part is : since this started happening their has been 3 'EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE PATCH' downtimes,
    Really, if not being able to level up/losing all traits/losing class skills/unable to spend boff points isnt classed as worth of brining the server down a 4th time to fix it?

Horrible feeling we will be sitting here next week with still Q.Q
    edited May 2013
    tikonov wrote: »
    This wouldnt be such a huge mess if cryptic hadnt have decided to have a big LTS sub sale the day before the expansion : meaning oh so many liberated borg rommies.

1. Once you have their money, you never give it back.
  • deadmaninc84deadmaninc84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue and it really pisses me off because I really was having alot of fun playing the game too.
  • celairnaurcelairnaur Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tikonov wrote: »

Would be nice for a PROPER update from the team as in : ' we are working on fixing this today/tommorrow ' -OR-' this is been added to the giant backlog and you might get it fixed in the coming weeks'

Cause i would ya know, really like to the play the damn game that convinced me to grab a legacy pack AND a LTS so i could 'get the most' out of the expansion : turns out we are the ones playing less than hit-and-run F2P gamers just deciding to come check this game out for a day or two....

Worst part is : since this started happening their has been 3 'EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE PATCH' downtimes,
    Really, if not being able to level up/losing all traits/losing class skills/unable to spend boff points isnt classed as worth of brining the server down a 4th time to fix it?

Horrible feeling we will be sitting here next week with still Q.Q

Are people really this clueless?

What do you honestly think there are sitting at their desks saying...
    "you know that skill training bug?"
    "Yeah"
    "Lets not work on that issue while we fix other bugs."
    "Sure thing."

OMG Gamers can be the most whiny, self centered, narcissistic creatures on the planet. They did not say lets not fix this bug during the emergency down time. They haven't fixed it because they are still working on the cause. Its not like they know in advance which bugs will be easy fixes and which bugs will be more difficult so the order that you see major bugs fixed is not based on the whims of cryptic. They are fixed as solutions are found. But I guess the facts don't fit your own persecution narrative.
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Normal Rommie has no problem but my LB Rommie does. So apparently it is a LB issue.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides not being able to skill there is also an issue introduced in one of the 2 mini quickfix patches that has many traits missing from the list to choose from. The one i notice is the Ship Weapon accuracy trait which was in the list when LoR launched but as of this morning is missing.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're aware of the issue and working towards a resolution. Thank you all for your feedback and patience, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You know that this would have been found if you had enabled it on tribble for weeks. And yes, it causes me much inconvenience since I am not able to play in essence...
  • johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also don't have transwarp abilities (playing Lib Rom) for New Rom OR Klingon homeworld. Missing trait options, can't commit them anyway. Skill pts for both the Lib Rom and his BOffs. Oh... and no missions that should show up on KDF side (welcoming the fed, t'ong nebula, etc). ALSO, can't claim duty officers from c-store from previous tribble server awards
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I waannnnnna play!
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gave up and stopped playing for now due to this. I lost out on the "no death accolade" as a result of this bug. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Between this, the heinous cues (yes even us lifers are having to wait very long times) and the monumental lag, I've reached the end of my rope. It is time to take a break for a while....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    edited May 2013
    celairnaur wrote: »
    Are people really this clueless?

What do you honestly think there are sitting at their desks saying...
    "you know that skill training bug?"
    "Yeah"
    "Lets not work on that issue while we fix other bugs."
    "Sure thing."

OMG Gamers can be the most whiny, self centered, narcissistic creatures on the planet. They did not say lets not fix this bug during the emergency down time. They haven't fixed it because they are still working on the cause. Its not like they know in advance which bugs will be easy fixes and which bugs will be more difficult so the order that you see major bugs fixed is not based on the whims of cryptic. They are fixed as solutions are found. But I guess the facts don't fit your own persecution narrative.

lol, the root of this bug is over 1 year old : go dig up some old tribble posts from 2012 when this happened before if you dont believe me :P

The worse sort of gamers are the one who act as company paladins
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know if any one has mentioned this or if it;s even related to the skills/traits bug, but I have not recieved any of my class powers either. Just checked and I was supposed to get ramming speed last level and subnuc beam six levels ago but I have not received either.

I do kinda think it's all related since it all has to doing with lvling.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    went to sleep and now just got up and this bug is still here all I got to say had we been able to make lib borg on trib this might have not made it to live
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • arristidarristid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thougth this was just a temp issue so I kept playing until I made it to lvl 23 and still no ability to train you guys need to fix this right now with an emergency maintenance or whatever it takes this is one hell of a way to lose a customer base that would be with you forever. Also when beat testing EVERYTHING NEEDS to be tested thats just common sense I mean come on guys we all know better that to assume that it will all work!
    edited May 2013
    is a fix coming soon? I've got 35K skill points to spend on my captain and its starting to hurt
  • generalzodzgeneralzodz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Don't know if any one has mentioned this or if it;s even related to the skills/traits bug, but I have not recieved any of my class powers either. Just checked and I was supposed to get ramming speed last level and subnuc beam six levels ago but I have not received either.

I do kinda think it's all related since it all has to doing with lvling.

you need to spend the skill points to get new level powers first, and since you cant I would just stop playing and wait for the fix.
  • killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    went to sleep and now just got up and this bug is still here all I got to say had we been able to make lib borg on trib this might have not made it to live

The Lib borg was just fine when LoR launched. It was one of their emergency patches that introduced the bug.
    edited May 2013
    killjack0 wrote: »
    The Lib borg was just fine when LoR launched. It was one of their emergency patches that introduced the bug.

Could be... mine was fine until I chose his allegiance. Now its TRIBBLE.
  • coins2010coins2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hit lvl 30 still have the bug but i have a lot more skill points waiting for me when this is fixed apart from this minor bug the lor has been epic.:D
  • tedustedus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The Lib borg was just fine when LoR launched. It was one of their emergency patches that introduced the bug"

Maybe you should check when I first reported this bug, just over 23 hours ago, well before any maintenance patch.
    edited May 2013
    Oh well, off to bed again : will check again tommorrow :D

Good luck all!
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amazing how..servers got brought down for lag..but a game breaking feature lasts two days now.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I am wrong, and I hope I am, but I afraid nobody really cares about this bug much, according to twitter they want to make game available for most of that f2p player which have to wait very long now... And I afraid that's their priority now...
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sure would love to play my lib romulan borg :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • automanzeroautomanzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    issue resolved for me. thanks devs.