What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - Midnight - 2AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after all but giving up on the game and even posting such i tried to get in once again after NOT being able to do so since the day before the patch....well oddly i get in and i am im pressed and if this fixes this darn login issue then by all means take a whole month....no really

the games got real good potential and what you should have known and maybe some of you dont was that the beta testing tribble had same issue only smaller scaled i actually quit the tribble because after the first 6 hrs that was it ....could never get back in....

and YOU HAVE TO know this would be ten times as bad as not everyone went to the beta test.....heres to at least paying attention that there is a problem.....
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mew4ever wrote: »
    Got a textual error: It says "Starfleet" instead of the relevant romulan faction on the skill tree, when you mouseover bits to spend on.

Unfortunately, I was in the middle of a space fight in the tutorial when the shutoff happened - first time I've been able to get in all day, and I only get a half hour.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

already reported that issue back in open beta for lor a few weeks back.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    The main thing i dont understand, is why you guys give us a new addon that has so many bugs? What are you using Tribble for? You should test the new stuff on tribble, kill all bugs and start the NEW IMPROVED WORKING AND NOT BUGGY game... Its not that hard... Other gamedevelopers do it too... Just try it for once.
    This way you might get some happy customers ;)

This has been repeated loads of times, I'll repeat that once more for you.
    Tribble didn't have these problems - even during test weekend when there were lots of queues - Holodeck is very different and DEVs can't be Always prepared to what they'll find. Stop complaining, these are problems that occurs in all the MMOs in the world, plus they gave us a great expansion and respected all the maintenance times having to do with LoR until now.
    Again. Stop complaining.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your missing out on Dilth...really, run a KDF, 6k an hour. 4 quick missions right next to each other on a 15min cool down give 1.450 Dilth each run. Fed don't get that lucky, it's like 4 hrs for them.

Romulan. Depending if they go KDF or Fed is how gipped they are on getting Dilth.

If that was directed at me, that was exactly what I planning to do after finishing creating a new Romulan. Collecting Contraband on my KDF characters to earn Dilithum.

Because no Dilithum, no Starbase Upgrades.
  • Options
    moutoku343moutoku343 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 1 hour and 26 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve errors when logging in and general performance improvements.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

That's cool. Maintenance is good. Did what I wanted on my fed character today anyway.

Besides the Neverwinter game is on and I might give the Champions Online a look as well :):D:)
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    SAME HERE IM STARTING TO GET PISSED OFF ABOUT THAT EMAIL I GET TOLD TO BLOCK THE PEOPLE THAT SEND IT WELL IM SORRY I AM TRYING TO GROW MY FLEET NOT WANTING TO BLOCK PEOPLE CAUSE THEY SEND ME THIS ANNOYING EMAIL I WANT IT LOOKED INTO AND DONT GIVE ME "WE CANNOT RELEASE INFORMATION AGAINST ANOTHER PLAYER" CRUD ITS NOT THE PLAYER IT THE EMAIL I WANT THE EMAIL LOOKED INTO AND PUT A BLOG OR A POSTING ABOUT THE OUTCOME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you report an egpal account then it gets banned, blocking it is the right thing to do and it will not hurt growing a fleet. the characters that do egpal spam are bots, there is no human playing behind the character no alts to worry about but more egpal bot alts. blocking and reporting is all we players can do and just be glad it is in mail and not in every zone channel every 30 seconds.

So just block and report and not worry about it since there is nothing to get mad about because you are told to block em.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    sectresectre Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the hard workers at Cryptic, thank you for this wonderful expansion!

I have been looking forward all day to trying it out and just recently got home from work. My lifetime subscription allowed me to log in quickly and while the server went down shortly after for maintenance I did have an opportunity to explore a little and already the wait was worth it.

I cannot wait to explore the rest that this expansion has to offer and I know and appreciate how hard all of you are working for everyone.

Again, thank you!
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    what is going on? I have been trying to get on the game all night long waits and when i finally get on the game is server not responding now. this is stupid

dude be respectful
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    dude be respectful

respectful to whom? This is just as bad as launch, they should have learned from the fist time.
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Now come on Sollvax - let's not have any of that 'common sense' nonsense here! The Great Entitled simply HAVE to spout their impatience, demands and massively inflated sense of entitlement. I mean, they're the ONLY people who want to play the game, and why should each of them, personally, have to wait for absolutely ANYTHING they want?

nice one :)
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    already downloading a patch.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains! Our emergency maintenance is beginning now. Our ETA is to be up within 2 hours from this post. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Whoot time to dig out some ascii art :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    Well, I did finally make it in and got to play for a bit, really liked what I saw. Good job, Cryptic! However, the lag was such that during ground combat, I thought my character had some sort of Stockholm Syndrome since he wouldn't fire on bad guys I was targeting right away, so hopefully the maintenence takes care that.

Qa'Pla!
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    guglif wrote: »
    This has been repeated loads of times, I'll repeat that once more for you.
    Tribble didn't have these problems - even during test weekend when there were lots of queues - Holodeck is very different and DEVs can't be Always prepared to what they'll find. Stop complaining, these are problems that occurs in all the MMOs in the world, plus they gave us a great expansion and respected all the maintenance times having to do with LoR until now.
    Again. Stop complaining.

you werent doing the public beta test were you ...i had that issue as did everyone i knew , this weird your in a queue crud...and it was temrinal for me .....
    lets put it this way

if i reported it as i did and others did.....20 pages of that for your beta whats hte odds you should fix that cause you might have ten times as many on holodeck, allowing this issue, all that does is hammer the login system to pieces and cause more issues.....

OH AND guess what a great bug that also carried over from tribble
    the gorn dilithium mine PVE is UN DOABLE by my fed now....
    on tribble i could not do that with the rommie and was told after 10 crashes that the tribble test was for missions ....oh thanks someone also a rommie in holodeck also reported same bug...so its ther eand was not fixed and was known on first day tribble went public.....

NOW you get less free of a game cause you get less dilithium potential.
    AND LOOK at dil prices ...135.....when two months back it was 80ish
    thats getting greedy
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i hope there fix things but over the last year of my playing ive learned to expect them to break something else at least 20% of the time.

and i got log in que as well 1st time 800 then got dc and i was 2000 :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats getting greedy

i want to see it back at 360
  • Options
    darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need for all the complaints, sure its annoying, more so considering that it took me all night to even download the update then when I finally get in game I only got to play for 15 minutes :) but I'm happy they are fixing things. Its better than what it used to be before PW bought them!
  • Options
    sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Whoot time to dig out some ascii art :D

Time to play a little Star Trek Birth of the Federation for me. I need my nerd fix one way or another :D
  • Options
    darqen9darqen9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing we have paid all this money for first the lifetime membership and now the LoR pack to pay the overtime it will take to do the job again the 3rd time :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sashibai wrote: »
    Time to play a little Star Trek Birth of the Federation for me. I need my nerd fix one way or another :D

i remember that one .....i was thinking of master of orion 2
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL i can't believe all these people saying. "What did you expect, haven't you been there in the last Season patch?". I recommend these people to go their boss when they **** UP for the n-th time in a row and tell him "What did you expect, haven't you been there in the last times i ****ed up?".

Great Excuse. There must be a lot unemployed ppl playing here.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    polie05 wrote: »
    respectful to whom? This is just as bad as launch, they should have learned from the fist time.

Seriously ? its a great FREE update with an entire new playable faction that most of us have wanted from launch and your complaining about a couple of hours of maintenance time ??

Some people
  • Options
    puddlestomppuddlestomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know a lot of people are complaining, but I've been having a blast all day (just lucky I guess) I got in at like 10 noon today and got to play till about 5-ish. Stopped for dinner with the mrs. and got back in with a 10 or so minute queue. I got a brand new Fed toon to almost level 7, scored some nice gear, and made some credits at the exchange. I really dig the upgrades and I feel bad that some people can't get in and enjoy what's going on, but I'm having a F'ing blast. Thanks guys for all your hard work!
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need for all the complaints, sure its annoying, more so considering that it took me all night to even download the update then when I finally get in game I only got to play for 15 minutes :) but I'm happy they are fixing things. Its better than what it used to be before PW bought them!

LMAO did you play the game before PWE took them over? NO Seriously did you? Things actually got done back then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although server problems have been a major issue the last few weeks; and this launch sure seemed doomed due to that (and you should have known better from all the problems on TRIBBLE); after having a brief look at the massive across-the-board upgrade of STO to LoR I've got to say it'll be awesome (well...once we have server stability and no more frequent SNRs).

So thanks! Once we have server stability, I'll throw some more $ your way to really show appreciation for this expansion.
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you werent doing the public beta test were you ...i had that issue as did everyone i knew , this weird your in a queue crud...and it was temrinal for me .....
    lets put it this way

if i reported it as i did and others did.....20 pages of that for your beta whats hte odds you should fix that cause you might have ten times as many on holodeck, allowing this issue, all that does is hammer the login system to pieces and cause more issues.....

OH AND guess what a great bug that also carried over from tribble
    the gorn dilithium mine PVE is UN DOABLE by my fed now....
    on tribble i could not do that with the rommie and was told after 10 crashes that the tribble test was for missions ....oh thanks someone also a rommie in holodeck also reported same bug...so its ther eand was not fixed and was known on first day tribble went public.....

thats getting greedy

Just to inform you... I was a CLOSED BETA tester. I had some minor issues but nothing bad as what was happening after Holodeck patch. I've not tested everything you did, I admit that. Anyways, it takes lots of efforts to put a patch on holodeck and most of the comments I've seen here are complaints that affected holodeck, not tribble during closed betas etc etc.
    Maybe they thought they resolved some bugs you experienced but it wasn't so. Give them time, come on. They've put a lot of efforts in this expansion and they have done a great work.
  • Options
    skymarshall3skymarshall3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance that my kdf toon can also collect the firework emote now I'm a LTS please:)
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013

thats getting greedy

In my 2 monthes of playing it has been around 130, lowest i have seen was 126. a couple days ago and I shouldve bought zen then to flip now but then again If I have zen I will spend it lol.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    hexwrenchhexwrench Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to play yesterday after the server went up and it worked all well. Until the players from USA went online :D
    I played lots of different MMOs and most of them have/had such issues after a major patch. So, I don't worry, all big problems will be resolved in the near future and we can all play..
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the good work. i had like 12 hours of game play, with the break for the previous patch, and a 30 min window when i couldn't get back in due to the queue.

So i pretty much had 10 up hours out of 12 potential hours, pretty good for launch day.

Just hit lvl 23 just before i logged off.

Thanks again,

Tank.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
This discussion has been closed.