test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - Midnight - 2AM PDT) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 1 hour and 26 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve errors when logging in and general performance improvements.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    toadyfranktoadyfrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for trying to fix things.
  • Options
    scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix at lvl 10 centurian you can not add skill points to your captain or your boffs or add traits
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • Options
    lcroregonlcroregon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Error in launcher status window as below:

error code 36: dbghelp.dll cannot write to file, file is locked and cannot be written to.

THanks
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will you fix the skill queue bug too? Unable to use skills...and the respec error? or is it being ignored again?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    imafalcon94imafalcon94 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright Great!
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the ability to DELETE MAIL? I have about 30 Egpal spams I want gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay. I hope this is regarding those with preselected fed players in ESD, that get CTD'd out of the character slot choice/creation-'lobby' during startup. the loading screens Work fine, then the star trek music tunes in, and BAM... flipkick to the desktop.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    toadyfranktoadyfrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It says at the top of the page in yellow "Update! The queue is clear for now :) Thanks for your patience as we worked to get all players in. (Note: There may be small, sporadic queues as more players log in.)"

When I try to log in, there are over two thousand players in the queue. That doesn't qualify as a "small, sporadic queue" in my book. Please revise the message at the top of the page.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still not impressed. It should have never got to this point where you have to take the servers down twice in less than 12 hours to fix things that should have been resolved before launch. I understand there will always be bugs, but this is ridiculous and it's not the first time this has happened, you've had plenty of experience to make sure that future updates avoid these issues or at least have any issues at a bare minimal.

I stay with this game to play with my friends and fleet members and also because I believe this game has so much potential. Please get your head screwed on Cryptic and investing in more servers would be nice too.

Thanks for at least dealing with this promptly.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toadyfrank wrote: »
    It says at the top of the page in yellow "Update! The queue is clear for now :) Thanks for your patience as we worked to get all players in. (Note: There may be small, sporadic queues as more players log in.)"

When I try to log in, there are over two thousand players in the queue. That doesn't qualify as a "small, sporadic queue" in my book. Please revise the message at the top of the page.

Well perhaps that's all to THEM......so your point. Is moot
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    archeastorarcheastor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thank the engineers and staff for at least working on the issue as often as they have been. IT is a long hard road to push updates, patches, program fixes for an ever evolving game/world. I salute you.
    Archeastor.png
    pc_Archeastor.png
    613484_902.png
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least I have had 8 hours of sleep. Still sad to see that I cannot choose character during login, without getting booted to desktop. Hopefully, in 2 hours, everything will be streamlined, so we can go out and hunt for bugs. -Btw, there shoud be an ingame accolade for bughunting. When people have reported in, say 100 bugs, they'll unlock a new accolade, points and a new title.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is what happens when you don't learn anything from 7 seasons.. Well done...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    *Whine, Moan* I won't be able to play much this morning as have to go to work whilst this is happening - I demand free things as compensation! *Whine, Moan*

Seriously - all things considered, kudos - the original patch downtime lasted exactly as long as it said it would and, considering the size and magnitude of the patch, I'd say it went pretty well! Big thanks to the Cryptic team!

^TRIBBLE-kisser
  • Options
    snowtrek74205snowtrek74205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I waited 3 hours for this thing to patch and now I am stuck in a cue.
    I never had to wait to play this game before now. Could you please put thing back the way they were.
  • Options
    th3bu1ittth3bu1itt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    expect this for about a week until people just get absolutely enraged and uninstall the game then the load lightens up then they dont have to buy any more server farms... instead of accepting the new load, they would rather just turtle for a week and wait for enough people to get frustrated and quit.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whining and moaning will never accomplish anything, which we know. The only thing we can do is provide constructive feedback. At this point I'm not even sure if Cryptic actually even bothers reading the feedback. After 7 seasons they still haven't seemed to learn nor address aspects of the game that have been an issue since release. Just look how long it took them to add the "Change Character" option.

But like I said previously, they were prompt to fix it and I at least appreciate that. However, it should have never reached this stage.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7nclxzf1mz84ch/Skillsinvalid.png

still wanting to know about this error?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As pre-usual awesome job Cryptic :)
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7nclxzf1mz84ch/Skillsinvalid.png

still wanting to know about this error?

I posted in a separate thread that the team is investigating :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have any of you guys even been home yet?

I mean you all work so hard
    last night Taco was hanging in the tutorial
    you have been posting updates half the night

you need Sleep so I hope you are getting some
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is going on? I have been trying to get on the game all night long waits and when i finally get on the game is server not responding now. this is stupid
  • Options
    ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no clue where to post this, so i think i will here:

When i try to "Engage", the game shows as "not responding" in Windows Task Manager during the Romulan loading screen, so i have to close it
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    Whining and moaning will never accomplish anything, which we know. The only thing we can do is provide constructive feedback. At this point I'm not even sure if Cryptic actually even bothers reading the feedback. After 7 seasons they still haven't seemed to learn nor address aspects of the game that have been an issue since release. Just look how long it took them to add the "Change Character" option.

But like I said previously, they were prompt to fix it and I at least appreciate that. However, it should have never reached this stage.

I spent a ton of time testing on tribble, and didn't have not hear of anyone else having these problems, even when the Tribble server was overloaded and had queues on Tribble Test Weekend.

So, I ask you, how are they supposed to prevent problems that haven't occurred?
  • Options
    hatesforumshatesforums Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good luck on getting the major bugs fixed tonight, keep up the great work
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't delete Mail either. Those auction house messages are building up FAST.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting night...

Got to play my new Romulan ENG up to level 7.

Lotsa crashes and dumps to the log-in screen, but it was fun none-the-less.

Off to bed now...(3am here)

When things are actually more stable, this is going to be great.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Interesting night...

Got to play my new Romulan ENG up to level 7.

Lotsa crashes and dumps to the log-in screen, but it was fun none-the-less.

Off to bed now...(3am here)

When things are actually more stable, this is going to be great.

:)

8 am here :o:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains! Our emergency maintenance is beginning now. Our ETA is to be up within 2 hours from this post. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well almost done with the patch....less than an hour so no complaints there.
    now to see if one can log on......if not...ah well tomorrow is another day, no biggie....

edit... bugger just missed it....
This discussion has been closed.