Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - Midnight - 2AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    polie05 wrote: »
    respectful to whom? This is just as bad as launch, they should have learned from the fist time.

listen I do SOME programing and I know how hard it can be so give them a break, yeah we all want to get back to STO but come on, wouldn't you rather them get what bugs escaped the beta now rather than later?
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously ? its a great FREE update with an entire new playable faction that most of us have wanted from launch and your complaining about a couple of hours of maintenance time ??

Some people

No I am complaining about the fact thats this should have all been fixed BEFORE launch. This is as bad if not worst than launch. It has been going on all day with server crashes, glitches, and "Emergency Maintenance".

?Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.?
    ― George Bernard Shaw

I'm only going to say this once to you son, look at my profile pic and learn from it.
  • Options
    dividicousdividicous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I paid 5 0 bucks today which I have done a lot for last month this time in preperation for my new romulan toon and you took my money but gave me no zen. I made a ticket at 4pm or so and nothing has been done.....I gave you a link to my account to see the transaction was made.......50 is a lot of money to me and Ive spent 300 or so in last month.......and i know and understand you have a lot going on today but this is dealing with money....hope you at least fix this and give me my 5300 zen by tomorrow.....appreciated though i do love the new interfaces and cut away scenes and new revamped game...you did a great job
  • Options
    pucelpucelpucelpucel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys for working through the night to get these issues resolved. I'm sure you'd rather be at home or playing yourselves, but your efforts are appreciated.

Unless of course you guys are just masochists and like inflicting nerd rage upon yourself making the server down time part of a diabolical plot to disenfranchise your fan base for your own pleasure. In that case, well :mad:
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    listen I do SOME programing and I know how hard it can be so give them a break, yeah we all want to get back to STO but come on, wouldn't you rather them get what bugs escaped the beta now rather than later?

Honestly as MEGA excited I am about this release, I would have preferred them to fix ALL the bugs in the game before adding new content. Its like trying to build a house on top of a crappy foundation, its not going to work.
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 1 hour and 26 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve errors when logging in and general performance improvements.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks Brandon and STO team! Keep up the good work!:)
    Unfortunately I cant stay up anymore to wait for the emergency maintenance to finish. Good night all, il be up in the morning to get back to the grind. :D
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wargasm121wargasm121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awesome I am glad I read all the posts in this thread...ive tracked down the source of the whining and its coming from the Federation side. At least now I know to roll KDF on my reman to play with the adults :D
    Lifetimer Since January 2010
    Real Join Date: August 14th 2009
    Made it to 997 Veteran Days before they handed out the 1000 day rewards to everyone and their mother
  • Options
    xiltynxiltyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seriously complaining about 135? just showing how new to the game you are guys. Some of us have seen it as high as 400. 80 was a fluke. Hope you enjoyed it while you had it. Easiest way to help keep it around 100? Don't exchange at higher than that, but instead store it up or put it towards Fleet projects or whatever.
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Brandon and STO team! Keep up the good work!:)
    Unfortunately I cant stay up anymore to wait for the emergency maintenance to finish. Good night all, il be up in the morning to get back to the grind. :D

Amazing sarcasm! :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guglif wrote: »
    This has been repeated loads of times, I'll repeat that once more for you.
    Tribble didn't have these problems - even during test weekend when there were lots of queues - Holodeck is very different and DEVs can't be Always prepared to what they'll find. Stop complaining, these are problems that occurs in all the MMOs in the world, plus they gave us a great expansion and respected all the maintenance times having to do with LoR until now.
    Again. Stop complaining.

1. I am not complaining. Not at all. I am just giving my opinion, since other developers get patches done without problems. Holodeck might be different, but for a game people pay a lot of money for (I dont but some do :P) this problems could be gotten rid of before doing the actual patch.
    2. I like it, that they actually work on the content and i respect their work, but this emergency maintenances could be... if they would want that... but it would mean lots of work BEFORE the actual patch...

But something i am actually complaining about: I think its kinda wierd, that non-gold-members have to wait like 1 hour to get into the game, even when the server is crouded atm. (I had the number 3989 of 4212 today and it took me 56 Minutes...)
    Jesus get another Server ...
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want to see it back at 360

Problem is they are trying to kill the DIlithium exchange without taking it away, hence the outrageous prices for everything including rep items and fleet needs. It's to a point now, few can afford to put any dilithium into starbases as they need it for other things like getting high end gear from their reputation projects, duty officer cadre pack from the Personnel officer and so forth or as people have said Zen.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so, hows the diareeah?
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Whoot time to dig out some ascii art :D

hahaha ... You would wouldn't you ? :P
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I am complaining about the fact thats this should have all been fixed BEFORE launch. This is as bad if not worst than launch. It has been going on all day with server crashes, glitches, and "Emergency Maintenance".

?Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.?
    ― George Bernard Shaw

I'm only going to say this once to you son, look at my profile pic and learn from it.

Well, not everything can fixed before launch. Really, think about that:
    - Every game and software in this world suffer from these inconvenients after a major update (especially MMO with a lot of new contents)
    - DEVs aren't machines, they make mistakes as every human being
    - They improved after all, look at the previous releases, we've got the same problems more or less if not worse. And there wasn't such an enormous patch (It's the biggest this game has ever seen I believe)
    - They had a date for launch they announced months ago. If they hadn't respected it, they would have got a great loss in economical terms AND a big loss in credibility in the MMO world
    Sure we've had problems (big ones too) but come on! They've done a wonderful work!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Honestly as MEGA excited I am about this release, I would have preferred them to fix ALL the bugs in the game before adding new content. Its like trying to build a house on top of a crappy foundation, its not going to work.

I'll give you that

but still some bugs slip through, hell I am a perfectionist whenever I do programing and I still miss about 2% of all the bugs, now think about that this was a BIG release there is going to be A LOT of bugs that slip through
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »

you know what, a lot of the bugs that are cropping up now were reported months ago on tribble. they've had ample time and opportunity to get things sorted, however, talent is obviously lacking to make that happen.

Work it must, shine it may. I would have been absolutely embarrassed to release this as it is. I really do hope they get it sorted but they ignored bug reports, as such, my patience is wearing thin as is others and rightfully so.
  • Options
    fatnuts24fatnuts24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You Guys are Awesome! Thanks for working so hard to Keep the game running as smooth as it dose. Great work. Thanks and keep it up.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    hahaha ... You would wouldn't you ? :P

You know me well enough to know that answer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL darn it go to the store and come back and its down again lol oh well hope you get the issues fixed.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fatnuts24 wrote: »
    You Guys are Awesome! Thanks for working so hard to Keep the game running as smooth as it dose. Great work. Thanks and keep it up.

I'm going assume he's talking about the players given the current situation and recent weeks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wargasm121 wrote: »
    awesome I am glad I read all the posts in this thread...ive tracked down the source of the whining and its coming from the Federation side. At least now I know to roll KDF on my reman to play with the adults :D

hey now I play Fed... Well I also play KDF but that is a moot point :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    you know what, a lot of the bugs that are cropping up now were reported months ago on tribble. they've had ample time and opportunity to get things sorted, however, talent is obviously lacking to make that happen.

Work it must, shine it may. I would have been absolutely embarrassed to release this as it is. I really do hope they get it sorted but they ignored bug reports, as such, my patience is wearing thin as is others and rightfully so.

I know, I helped add them to the lists -.- doesn't mean that they didn't try to fix them and they still managed to slip through
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true true thats exactly what i think
  • Options
    reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargasm121 wrote: »

Trust me they are on all sides.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    guglif wrote: »
    ve got a great loss in economical terms AND a big loss in credibility in the MMO world
    Sure we've had problems (big ones too) but come on! They've done a wonderful work!

You got it right! Always look at the bright side. You watch a cow dropping it's digestion result and then say "What a wonderful work, it's perfectly round!"

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    true true thats exactly what i think

huh? I don't understand
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    You got it right! Always look at the bright side. You watch a cow dropping it's digestion result and then say "What a wonderful work, it's perfectly round!"

:D

lmao man that just a bout sums everything up nicely.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fatnuts24 wrote: »

Share some of your drugs?
  • Options
    fatnuts24fatnuts24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all your hard work in keeping the game running as smooth as it does. You guys are awesome and put in mad hours. We thank you. And BTW Dont listen to the **** ADMRLhttp://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif who Obviously has zero life. poor TRIBBLE. Thanks guys. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the part of NO WARNING did you not understand?

There was no Pink Text Admin Warning in the Chat Window, there was no Popup in the middle of my screen (but hey there are plenty of people winning Lockbox ships).

So yes, I didn't see any warning. Especially in the Character Creator.

I was in game and I got a 1 hour notice, 30 minute notice, 15 minute notice, 10 minute notice and 5 minute notice.

If you're in the costume editor there is an icon on the bottom left to enable your chat window where you can see notices. If you keep it turned off, then you're screwed. But that's something you have control over not them.
This discussion has been closed.