Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - Midnight - 2AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    Whining and moaning will never accomplish anything, which we know. The only thing we can do is provide constructive feedback. At this point I'm not even sure if Cryptic actually even bothers reading the feedback. After 7 seasons they still haven't seemed to learn nor address aspects of the game that have been an issue since release. Just look how long it took them to add the "Change Character" option.

But like I said previously, they were prompt to fix it and I at least appreciate that. However, it should have never reached this stage.

^This +1. It is partially whining, I admit, but to see Cryptic fail on the same sources as previous fails isn't really aplaudable.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted in a separate thread that the team is investigating :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hope they are investigating on this issue too http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694451 :o
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow Davey, musta took you forever in the que, i got my rommie trac to lev 9 with 10 min to spare before the current down time.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    planckconstantplanckconstant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the new engine room alone, I will happily forgive twelve hours of emergency maintenance per day for the next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTcfI99kfKg
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the ability to DELETE MAIL? I have about 30 Egpal spams I want gone.

LOL! I HATE those!:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    toadyfrank wrote: »
    It says at the top of the page in yellow "Update! The queue is clear for now :) Thanks for your patience as we worked to get all players in. (Note: There may be small, sporadic queues as more players log in.)"

When I try to log in, there are over two thousand players in the queue. That doesn't qualify as a "small, sporadic queue" in my book. Please revise the message at the top of the page.

You must have missed the 20k+ qeue we had earlier. 2k is actualy small compared.

@Sir Flakes with a touch of bran,

Aside from the few sporadic bugs like my female bridge officer telling me to recruit raiders to help kill some orions and the lack of the option to turn OFF over the shoulder cam while on ground I have to say what i have seen so far is an improvement. And surprisingly managed to get some uninterupted server crashed and burned playtime on release day. So i myself cannot complain about this maintanence.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains! Our emergency maintenance is beginning now. Our ETA is to be up within 2 hours from this post. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, Brandon. Do your updates, do them accordingly and, if you can, do them fast
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains! Our emergency maintenance is beginning now. Our ETA is to be up within 2 hours from this post. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Would've been nice if there was a warning!

Was in the middle of creating a new Romulan character and had it just right when the server went offline! And there is no save button.

Between the horrible lag, the bugs, and the crashes. I barely got any play time today. And didn't get to do my dailies on my old characters. Which means I didn't have any fun today, just lots of frustration. :mad:
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    th3bu1itt wrote: »
    expect this for about a week until people just get absolutely enraged and uninstall the game then the load lightens up then they dont have to buy any more server farms... instead of accepting the new load, they would rather just turtle for a week and wait for enough people to get frustrated and quit.

Not a chance. They got people into the game and out of the queue, there were 4 romulan flotilla instances and I saw lots of people in tier 2 romulan ships and a few in tier 3s so obviously lots of people in game, playing and happy.

To the Cryptic team, keep chugging along, I am sad to see the servers can't handle the load, but at least you're trying to fix it. I had fun today and hope to have fun tomorrow too. loving the expansion so far.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well alteast you guys are trying to fix things

Instead of NERD RAAAAGE!!! (que up echo SFX) those players should be happy to get an expansion of this high calibur.

A really good job by the cryptic team
  • Options
    firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the ability to DELETE MAIL? I have about 30 Egpal spams I want gone.

SAME HERE IM STARTING TO GET PISSED OFF ABOUT THAT EMAIL I GET TOLD TO BLOCK THE PEOPLE THAT SEND IT WELL IM SORRY I AM TRYING TO GROW MY FLEET NOT WANTING TO BLOCK PEOPLE CAUSE THEY SEND ME THIS ANNOYING EMAIL I WANT IT LOOKED INTO AND DONT GIVE ME "WE CANNOT RELEASE INFORMATION AGAINST ANOTHER PLAYER" CRUD ITS NOT THE PLAYER IT THE EMAIL I WANT THE EMAIL LOOKED INTO AND PUT A BLOG OR A POSTING ABOUT THE OUTCOME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant play my lvl.50 characters
    connect issues
    lose half of my inventory
  • Options
    shadowbreed223shadowbreed223 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would've been nice if there was a warning!

Was in the middle of creating a new Romulan character and had it just right when the server went offline! And there is no save button.

Between the horrible lag, the bugs, and the crashes. I barely got any play time today. And didn't get to do my dailies on my old characters, which means I lost a ton of Dilithium. :mad:

You mean a warning like the system messages in game for the last hour before downtime?
    Or a warning like this thread over 90 mins before the downtime?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stahl mentioned this server stability issue a few times but he failed to even look at any questions i had as almost if he had me on ignore since others asked exactly the same thing moments later and they got an answer, all it does is amplifies my suspicions about what i am thinking. well venting a side for now.

i still would like the question answered here, hopefully branflakes can give an answer; when can we reasonably expect a general patch that fixes the issues with graphics, skills 'invalid' issues and such?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    fuzzyjedifuzzyjedi Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I get a confirm/deny as to acknowledgement that character slots are still an issue and being looked at?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693861
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slow hand clap... Thanks everyone for doing your job :rolleyes:

So much TRIBBLE kissin in here you'd think it was a dev page,the list of issues for a launch was a joke.I "pay" to play this game,have done since it first started,this is not the way to introduce this game to the masses of potential customers.First impressions count,thats a known fact. :P
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I worked 14 hours today and was really wanting to play. I log in to see the server down in 1 min flash in chat. please hurry up! This is as bad as release, you would think you would have learned the FIRST time.
  • Options
    matthersler92matthersler92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well one big problems i saw before u started this update is that u were waiting long TRIBBLE time to get thru login que witch is bit ridcules hope u fix that problem asap ive been playing for so long i enjoy playing but hard play with all these errors but i do like that u added romulans to faction one faction i would like see is in the future is dominon faction that would draw some many players to this game and line ur guys the company pockets but dont forget stick to the free part values u hold dearly but gg
  • Options
    faqtimefaqtime Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least add better servers so all the players can join in not to wait in que >.> it is annoying... rest the game it is nice i like new U.I. :)

Ps can some one tell me a mission were i get a dam warp core >.>:confused:
    CASE WHEN n > 0 THEN 'positive' WHEN n < 0 THEN 'negative' ELSE 'zero' END
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to register my thanks and appreciation to Cryptic for putting out a fairly bang up expansion so far. It may just be me, but I'm getting a mild Firefly vibe with my Rommie Engie flying around with her ragtag crew of reject and refugees in a beat up, worn down 200 year old warbird that nevertheless kicks serious TRIBBLE(which btw should have some form of the weapon from Balance of Terror as it's Singularity power, but that's neither here nor there).

Again thanks and keep up the good work, after WoW this is my favorite MMO.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    I spent a ton of time testing on tribble, and didn't have not hear of anyone else having these problems, even when the Tribble server was overloaded and had queues on Tribble Test Weekend.

So, I ask you, how are they supposed to prevent problems that haven't occurred?

I completely agree with you in regards to bugs. That is understandable and agree that when updates hit the live server you can't predict what will happen.

If you read my original post, my main concern is in regards to their servers. It (at least in my opinion) has been something that has needed improving for a very long time. They appear to keep more than one game on a server, which just seems insane, especially when it is being done by a big company. Every time a big update is released we end up experiencing this bottleneck every single time and having to sit in queues or experiencing log in issues. Whether it's also due to some lazy programming which can also have an effect on server queues, I don't know.

What I firmly believe though, is that if they invested some more money in servers and didn't have more than one game per server, we would see an improvement. I think at least 2-3 times NeverWinter has knocked out STO. Just shouldn't happen, IMO.

Other than that, I have been enjoying my gaming experience (when I finally got in) as a Romulan. Aside from the few graphical flickers still, this has been a solid experience and a vast improvement. Please just add more controls for fleets on the admin side. The 7 rank limit and lack of permissions / logs for provisions is killing me lol
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean a warning like the system messages in game for the last hour before downtime?
    Or a warning like this thread over 90 mins before the downtime?

What the part of NO WARNING did you not understand?

There was no Pink Text Admin Warning in the Chat Window, there was no Popup in the middle of my screen (but hey there are plenty of people winning Lockbox ships).

So yes, I didn't see any warning. Especially in the Character Creator.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    o.O 2 hours well guess i'll go sleep and continue when i wake up or later if i'm still around
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rjewkes wrote: »
    Wow Davey, musta took you forever in the que, i got my rommie trac to lev 9 with 10 min to spare before the current down time.

Nice for you. some of us cannot login any character yet. we CTD...
    /Floozy
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i just got out of bed and still can't play thought this would be sorted... ok hoped really
  • Options
    mew4evermew4ever Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got a textual error: It says "Starfleet" instead of the relevant romulan faction on the skill tree, when you mouseover bits to spend on.

Unfortunately, I was in the middle of a space fight in the tutorial when the shutoff happened - first time I've been able to get in all day, and I only get a half hour.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your missing out on Dilth...really, run a KDF, 6k an hour. 4 quick missions right next to each other on a 15min cool down give 1.450 Dilth each run. Fed don't get that lucky, it's like 4 hrs for them.

Romulan. Depending if they go KDF or Fed is how gipped they are on getting Dilth.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not a again men this is too much ............................................................................................................
  • Options
    haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main thing i dont understand, is why you guys give us a new addon that has so many bugs? What are you using Tribble for? You should test the new stuff on tribble, kill all bugs and start the NEW IMPROVED WORKING AND NOT BUGGY game... Its not that hard... Other gamedevelopers do it too... Just try it for once.
    This way you might get some happy customers ;)
  • Options
    jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    The main thing i dont understand, is why you guys give us a new addon that has so many bugs? What are you using Tribble for? You should test the new stuff on tribble, kill all bugs and start the NEW IMPROVED WORKING AND NOT BUGGY game... Its not that hard... Other gamedevelopers do it too... Just try it for once.
    This way you might get some happy customers ;)

=.= Have you ran a KDF yet? I mean come on it's content is years old and you can count 100's of issue's with them even game stoppers that are STILL not fixed. Fed issues, lucky to count the number on one hand. Romulan have less then KDF.
This discussion has been closed.