What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - Midnight - 2AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    tau9tau9 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive been trying to log into the game all day, all i get is "unknown reason" error, even after they say it was fixed, ive been trying for the past 14 hours to get into this game, thanks for wasting my entire day off cryptic. it worked fine mostly in beta, so i cant understand why you cant get it to work on holodeck, unless you have 2 different servers for these in which case, buy a new server ffs........ here i sit with a card in hand ready to blow some money on this game and 14 hours of "unknown reason" really puts me off from spending it now doesnt it....
    get it together already PWE.........:mad:
  • Options
    darkness01101darkness01101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    LMAO did you play the game before PWE took them over? NO Seriously did you? Things actually got done back then.

Are you serious ? I played from closed beta, and they were useless back then... the huge amount of bugs and exploits in the game that just stayed there patch after patch after patch was unbelievable.. I got banned off the forums and the facebook page because I kept asking why they didnt fix long term bugs.. That was Cryptics way of dealing with people that pointed out problems and bugs too much.

A few months after PW took over all the bugs and exploits I hated in game were gone. Something Cryptic could never seem to do.

This sort of thin happens with the major updates, all the moaning and butt hurt wont speed it up at all... and its FREE.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how many of you would stay in work for 18 hours, just for the customers and community. i mean I'm sure there's benefits for staying on, but I'd assume that's voluntary.

Thanks again, please someone, buy them a Beer. They deserve it!
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got it right! Always look at the bright side. You watch a cow dropping it's digestion result and then say "What a wonderful work, it's perfectly round!"

:D

A pessimist will say its only cow dung

an

optimist says its fertilizer

a realist just stepped in it :D
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    you know what, a lot of the bugs that are cropping up now were reported months ago on tribble. they've had ample time and opportunity to get things sorted, however, talent is obviously lacking to make that happen.

Work it must, shine it may. I would have been absolutely embarrassed to release this as it is. I really do hope they get it sorted but they ignored bug reports, as such, my patience is wearing thin as is others and rightfully so.

Like with one of the last seasons where they broke the Lore Missions for the KDF for about a month. Even though it was reported on Tribble before the season went live. Or the transporter bug for the KDF and Cloaking bugs that just now are being dealt with after how many years?

I think the major problems with Cryptic is giving themselves a timeframe, and never prepared to push release dates back when they need the extra time. The lack of testing doesn't help their cause either tbh.

Any reasonable fan/player would be happy if they added an extra month or so, to give the Development team enough time to iron out all the bugs rather than release a flawed product. I agree it's very poor workmanship and management to release something so bugged, but really this isn't much different from any other season update. I remember season 4 being pretty bad like this when F2P went live.

Many players like myself have been saying this was going to happen for months, especially during the server crashes we had a week or so ago. The one time we hope we're wrong and unfortunately we aren't. Best thing for any player to do is come back in a week or two. By then all the bugs and patches should be up and the hype worn down a little allowing for an almost uninterrupted game experience.

In the meantime I guess I might see some of you in other games like TOR or LOTRO. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    thetruecyberthetruecyber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those are a lot of words, post when it's back up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i Was In Game And I Got A 1 Hour Notice, 30 Minute Notice, 15 Minute Notice, 10 Minute Notice And 5 Minute Notice.

+1

• Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got it right! Always look at the bright side. You watch a cow dropping it's digestion result and then say "What a wonderful work, it's perfectly round!"

lol everything is a circle.....
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Now me, I would do this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    webeshootingwebeshooting Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a few things i dont like about the update but over all its a big step up
    The bottom line is u cant keep every one happy
    We are Douwd JUST A THOUGH
    T AND IS OVER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyrt32483kyrt32483 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got around to rolling my Romulan tonight, and I'm loving it. In my honest opinion, well done, Cryptic. I know y'all are doing everything you can to fix the issues and keep the game running. Keep up the good work and don't let all the crybaby whines get you down! JOLAN TRU!
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how many of you would stay in work for 18 hours, just for the customers and community. i mean I'm sure there's benefits for staying on, but I'd assume that's voluntary.

Good idea

Bran! tell me what everyone likes I'll see if I can have it delivered!
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh, you mean so they have an excuse? I'd make that a vodka, then. A bottle.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    thetruecyberthetruecyber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think STO Dev's should include a tampon in all of our inventories.
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shoot, I remember back in the day, when this game went F2P, the shard crashed like every two hours, unexpectedly.
    I'm happy they're being proactive with maintenance ,keeps that TRIBBLE from happening again.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patchnotes?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, you mean so they have an excuse? I'd make that a vodka, then. A bottle.

Because drunkenness is the only possible explanation for the prompt resolutions being applied to a new major patch before they've been live more than 24 hours.

If a drunk Cryptic crew can be this responsive to problems, they need to be drunk more often.
  • Options
    reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shoot, I remember back in the day, when this game went F2P, the shard crashed like every two hours, unexpectedly.
    I'm happy they're being proactive with maintenance ,keeps that TRIBBLE from happening again.

Yes I remember that and when you was able to stay on the lag was horrible.
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kitsune424 wrote: »
    I'll give you that

but still some bugs slip through, hell I am a perfectionist whenever I do programing and I still miss about 2% of all the bugs, now think about that this was a BIG release there is going to be A LOT of bugs that slip through

I totally understand a FEW bug getting though, even like 5% of them missed, but unfortunately there are MASSIVE amounts of them we all have been QQ'ing over for the last 3 years. One of them being the boff uncloak and warp plasma disappearing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I waited 3 hours for this thing to patch and now I am stuck in a cue.
    I never had to wait to play this game before now. Could you please put thing back the way they were.

There is a new playable faction.. will be lots of old players coming back for a look... get used to it for a little while.

Or pay for a month of full access to jump to the top of the line.. When I logged on it had something like 2000 in the queue, still got in after like 15 seconds.
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patchnotes?

Here you go:

Trying to make it so the server doesn't crash.
  • Options
    deltas6deltas6 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some reason cant "hail starfleet" after turning in sector Borg encounters.

also getting occasionally "server unavailable" :(

On top of that ... lag from hell
  • Options
    jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they going to fix the lost bridge officers?
  • Options
    dividicousdividicous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, even if your not a gold member they should have a certain status given to you if you spend a certain monthly amount in c store which is much higher then a gold monthly fee....just my thoughts...
  • Options
    reckless2136reckless2136 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well guess I will go play some world of tanks for a bit...
  • Options
    atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI Brandon did you know that there is an hour daylight savings for GMT/UTC now your putting the incorrect time up for people in that time zone and some people are getting confused can you please sort that out for next time i know the team are busy
  • Options
    necrolutschernecrolutscher Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    Are they going to fix the lost bridge officers?

or the exchange 400 item limit :P
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atronach1 wrote: »
    FYI Brandon did you know that there is an hour daylight savings for GMT/UTC...
    What are you talking about? UTC never changes.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in game and I got a 1 hour notice, 30 minute notice, 15 minute notice, 10 minute notice and 5 minute notice.

If you're in the costume editor there is an icon on the bottom left to enable your chat window where you can see notices. If you keep it turned off, then you're screwed. But that's something you have control over not them.

Well guess what, you don't get that when you are in the Character Creator.

And around 30 minutes prior to the server shutting down, I was playing and still saw no notices. And my notifications were turned on.
  • Options
    fatnuts24fatnuts24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tau9 wrote: »
    ive been trying to log into the game all day, all i get is "unknown reason" error, even after they say it was fixed, ive been trying for the past 14 hours to get into this game, thanks for wasting my entire day off cryptic. it worked fine mostly in beta, so i cant understand why you cant get it to work on holodeck, unless you have 2 different servers for these in which case, buy a new server ffs........ here i sit with a card in hand ready to blow some money on this game and 14 hours of "unknown reason" really puts me off from spending it now doesnt it....
    get it together already PWE.........:mad:

cough>loser. quit *****'in! you go fix it. the whole game has a new look think thats easy. the funny thing is you'll still spend the money cause the games awesome! But you need that extra litle advantage cause you're prob pretty mediocre. have fun quit *****'in. please!http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
This discussion has been closed.