test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queues are better,,,

6 out of 7176
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    conquest83conquest83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow i whent from 8301 in line too in like 2mins maybe another server came up?
  • Options
    ritterickritterick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm In! But the episode isn't over... Decisions decisions....
  • Options
    bjs1981bjs1981 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    So, let me get this right. A thread reporting a server full issue is the place to explain things to morons, while you are directly attacking a player, and generalising?

Nobody has said be happy with the problem. The fact is that it is not an intended effect, they will address it, life will move on.

Perhaps you can take your self-righteous, entitled, rude, arrogant sense of self-superiority (which, for the record, is false) elsewhere, and leave the thread to the people who are less rude than you.

i don't apologize if you can't but help feeling inferior in my presence. it's a natural reaction. i've come to deal with it in my life. for the record, i don't consider myself superior or above average intelligence....or rather, what average intelligence SHOULD be. i actually consider myself what the minimum average should be.

unfortunately, most humans fall far below that in around 80-115 average intelligence. of which i admittedly am far higher. i can't help i was born that way. i just take advantage of it.

simply stating facts the way they are is not arrogance. although it may feel that way from the perspective of one whom the facts seem to be in their favor.

same goes for rudeness. not being rude, just being objective. rude would be to call someone an idiot for no reason.

and as for self-righteousness, i don't see what righteousness has to do with why we're here. it's a video game, not a church meeting. but that is the usual rhetoric spat out by people who don't like having been offensive and feel THEY are ENTITLED to go around being offensive to people who have every right to make a grievance to the one that wronged them.
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pompouluss wrote: »
    Thanks guys I'm in, you can stop logging off now

but seriously I'm picturing some Scotty-esque miracle working from Cryptic, kudos

nice to see credit given where due... +1 to you :)
  • Options
    kevris11kevris11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hat's off for the successful launch.

I was 18,TRIBBLE out of 20,TRIBBLE for a while and am have been moving through nicely. Anybody with Netflix and a 2nd monitor, now's a good time to watch the TNG Episode "The Defector."

To the people complaining - you have to appreciate the amount of interest they've gotten here. They already reported they'd taken actions to beef up the servers, and I'd say that queues 20,000 people deep deserve some respect. Seriously, everything that happens on the Internet is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, and we'll all be fine if we have to wait a freaking hour to play space captain.
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hate lines everyone from 1-4133 logoff please ur sacrifice will be noted for the good of the romulan empire.
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic needs to get some more server space/power for more people.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    kwood129kwood129 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's dropped by over 20,000 in the last 15 minutes. I would say that's progress.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bjs1981 wrote: »
    i don't apologize if you can't but help feeling inferior in my presence. it's a natural reaction. i've come to deal with it in my life. for the record, i don't consider myself superior or above average intelligence....or rather, what average intelligence SHOULD be. i actually consider myself what the minimum average should be.

unfortunately, most humans fall far below that in around 80-115 average intelligence. of which i admittedly am far higher. i can't help i was born that way. i just take advantage of it.

simply stating facts the way they are is not arrogance. although it may feel that way from the perspective of one whom the facts seem to be in their favor.

same goes for rudeness. not being rude, just being objective. rude would be to call someone an idiot for no reason.

and as for self-righteousness, i don't see what righteousness has to do with why we're here. it's a video game, not a church meeting. but that is the usual rhetoric spat out by people who don't like having been offensive and feel THEY are ENTITLED to go around being offensive to people who have every right to make a grievance to the one that wronged them.

"go take your smug espresso sipping attitude elsewhere. you just betray your idiocy. "hmmm let's see how stupid i can be! i enjoy NOT being able to use the things i pay for, and then trying to pretend to show how mature i sound by telling other people to not be upset at the problem. look at me! i'm happy that i get to sit here like a moron watching a little number on a screen change instead of playing the game."

what a moron. why do i have to explain basic life principles to morons? the purpose of this forum is to let cryptic know just how unsatisfied their customers are with their product.. if everyone was happy, they would have no reason to solve the problem idiot. "

Sorry. I define being rude as calling people you've never met idiots.

By the way, if you are going to call people morons and idiots in text, then you may consider at least making yourself appear to be smart by using capitalization and such. Just a piece of friendly advice, to someone I couldn't care less to hear from ever again.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quickly jumped to 643 out of 20 thousand and something.

Then got in, but had to wait for the server to respond at the loading screen.....

Got into the game, talked to Drake, left Space Dock for Sector Space....

Then got kicked and got the Error Report box. Now I'm having to wait for the loader to "verify files".

Got back in, and BOOM!...in Queue again.

Wonderful. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    captainmalletcaptainmallet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it is counting down, from 4,852 now. Can't wait for one more shot at seeing Sector Space one last time tonight.
  • Options
    tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ha! I'm In The Game!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now I feel like a patron waiting in line to get on that one ride everyone else wants to be first on lol. Though I do see the entrance up ahead . AND I"M IN :)
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the love of narnia!!! kicked out during the login screen ffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kwood129kwood129 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the queue itself is much smaller. I"m at 242 now. Have been in playing 3 times already. Only got kicked when I changed characters.
  • Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple.. cancel sub, then come back in a month or so when it's calm, pay for the game again, and enjoy.. :rolleyes:

I'm no LTS, but if I were, would cryptic deserve my money if they don't allow me, my friends and everyone else to play right away with the stupid queue system every big update?
    Simple answer: Not in my lifetime.. :P

Btw, what someone said on another topic, with "temporary servers" to be able to handle all the players is a nice idea.. ;) but they're honoring the lazybum title and I doubt they will get the servers or anything similar.. even if it's just for a few weeks..

Okay.. off to bed, and time to play some old games again for a month. (Nah.. will just start up my pc as I'm not giving the unworthy ones my money, click for queue, and go do something else untill I'm in the game. :P )

P.S. how's everyone doing?
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never fear... I'm F2P, got down to 2755 of 9k, and abruptly logged in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    800 people please logg off
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dumped to log-in..... again
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captw wrote: »
    One for each game sounds better, STO on one, Champions on another, and Never Winter... we can put them in a closet :P

No I meant 1 for feds, 1 for kdf, 1 for romulans, 1 for neverwinter and 1 for champions lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    52 out of 2405... reasonable.
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spurs game is almost over, common i want to play!
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hotkillerz wrote: »

Down to 150... not a chance. Sorry bud :P
  • Options
    horkathanehorkathane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warp Speed

>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Legendary Horka Thane
    1999 Tribes 1
    Infamous TurreNt Camp ( if you dont know you are not Legendary )
  • Options
    edited May 2013

2200 people please log off, that includes you as well my friend haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    down to 533...
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login queue ala EVE ONLINE.. i quit playing that and never went back. an that was one of the main reasons. it takes a whole episode of Seinfeld to log into STO to do doffs. If this is permanent and not just a stop gap until they get the server cap higher i will quit this too. well at least until the tourists leave an it goes back to normal lol
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    brle1950 wrote: »
    2200 people please log off, that includes you as well my friend haha

um noooooooooo :P im at 500
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    um noooooooooo :P im at 500

wtf haxor!!! youre down to 500 and im somehow stuck at 2100 :(((((( haha